Universal Childcare Rules and Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Childcare Rules and Regulations

....and Representation by peers in the business.

Oh, but to dream.......
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

may happen sooner than you think.....

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
      may happen sooner than you think.....
      I wish... I am TIRED of having to adapt to new rules, regs and building requirements every 3 months or so...

It is expensive and exhausting.

I want them to just give me a firm, clear set of Black and White guidelines, IN PRINT. I will pay for the dang printing myself, I don't care.

Give me a reasonable deadline to accomplish this...no more baby steps crap..that is irritating.

Then back away and let me get back to work....YKWIM???
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

it would be so easier for everyone to if it was the same everywhere!

Comment

except at least here in cal. they can not agree on how to interrupt the reg we already have. What does inaccessible mean? In some counties putting your knifes on the counter in a block is OK and in others it is not. Universal written regs. will not change this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
            except at least here in cal. they can not agree on how to interrupt the reg we already have. What does inaccessible mean? In some counties putting your knifes on the counter in a block is OK and in others it is not. Universal written regs. will not change this problem.
            Sure it would. It would get rid of the State/County interference and political maneuvering.

At least in my dreams....

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
              ....and Representation by peers in the business.

Oh, but to dream.......
              The representation is the key! I think it could be great. it could also be awful if they take the most restrictive laws from each state and use those. There are times when I read posts about other state regs and think "really, they are allowed to do that! I wish!" and other times I read something and think "No way would I be licensed in that state!"

Comment

Sure it would. It would get rid of the State/County interference and political maneuvering.

At least in my dreams....
                except the problem I am talking about is in deciding what the regs. mean not in political maneuvering (what ever it is you man by that.

Comment

From 2009 through 2010 I participated in a nationwide discussion amongst Early Childhood Professionals and political leaders. I was involved in this through the California Early Childhood Mentor Program and all mentors, statewide, particpated in the Nationwide discussion. This discussion started from readings of the book "Ready or Not" and evolved into a discussion about Nationwide Standards/Regs for ALL child care programs. We defined competencies for early educators and defined some of the universal regs that we would stand behind.

There is a momentum for what you are talking about to actually happen, it's just a matter of WHEN, not IF.

Comment

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
                    The representation is the key! I think it could be great. it could also be awful if they take the most restrictive laws from each state and use those. There are times when I read posts about other state regs and think "really, they are allowed to do that! I wish!" and other times I read something and think "No way would I be licensed in that state!"
                    I agree

Things like

you have to keep your door unlocked every day all day.
                    Parents are allowed to come into your home whenever they want for as long as they want.
                    No confinement equipment
                    When infants are awake they have to be on the floor or in your arms
                    No discipline... only redirection

stuff like that there

I call them "burn out" regulations

That's the kind of stuff that will regulate us to the point where the bulk of the kids have to go into center care where there are huge turnovers of staff. The system designed to have low paid workers who come in and do short stints... burn out... and then new ones to replace.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
                      This is my biggest pet peeve with CA licensing! It's aggravating when even within my counties own agency, they can't figure out what "inaccessible" means! I've had one LPA tell me one thing and the next one write me up for it! Makes me sooooo crazy!

Comment

From 2009 through 2010 I participated in a nationwide discussion amongst Early Childhood Professionals and political leaders. I was involved in this through the California Early Childhood Mentor Program and all mentors, statewide, particpated in the Nationwide discussion. This discussion started from readings of the book "Ready or Not" and evolved into a discussion about Nationwide Standards/Regs for ALL child care programs. We defined competencies for early educators and defined some of the universal regs that we would stand behind.

There is a momentum for what you are talking about to actually happen, it's just a matter of WHEN, not IF.
                        Is that another buzz word label?

Was it actually a REAL LIFE representation of the childcare community or a few hand picked/cherry picked for their political beliefs?

That is what just happened here.

I want to believe you in the worst possible way.

Comment

yea, but there are some regs that other states have that I don't want, like parents writing reviews (or whatever it's called) of my daycare!! no way!
                          and yearly inspections!

And other states would never be able to deal with our Calif. regs., like no bouncers or walkers.

So I think I'm pretty happy where I am, I hate walkers and swings .. I love exersausers though
                          we have inspections every 3 years!

Comment

Is that another buzz word label?

Was it actually a REAL LIFE representation of the childcare community or a few hand picked/cherry picked for their political beliefs?

That is what just happened here.

I want to believe you in the worst possible way.
                            Not a buzz word....just what many providers call themselves

This was a very diverse group of people, from state-funded, private-pay, FCC and center based programs. No cherry picking.....I can tell you the mentor teacher section of it come from a wide variety of backgrounds, have many differing beliefs and practice many different approaches in our work with children. There was a significant amount of disagreement that we had to work out because we are SO different from one another. But, it was productive and meaningful and I am looking forward to continuing the debate/discussion over the next couple of years.

Comment

Not a buzz word....just what many providers call themselves

This was a very diverse group of people, from state-funded, private-pay, FCC and center based programs. No cherry picking.....I can tell you the mentor teacher section of it come from a wide variety of backgrounds, have many differing beliefs and practice many different approaches in our work with children. There was a significant amount of disagreement that we had to work out because we are SO different from one another. But, it was productive and meaningful and I am looking forward to continuing the debate/discussion over the next couple of years.
                              I would so LOVE to be able to do that.

Well, I will just sit back and hope... It is kind of like "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" to me.....

Comment

Working...
                              X