No announcement yet.

Should I Give Her A Refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents are required to pay their last two weeks before they even start. My contract states that if they choose to keep their child home during their last two weeks - there will be no refund.

Since your contract states there are no refunds, PLUS you've offered to care for him until the end of next week, that is THEIR decision to keep him home. I would not give them a refund.

Comment

If you are licensed it couldn't hurt to give your licensing rep a call with a heads up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
        If you are licensed it couldn't hurt to give your licensing rep a call with a heads up, too.
        Why would I need to call licensing??

Comment

Originally posted by JaydensMommy View Post
          Because many families terminated by their providers for poor behavior tend to call in a report of some sort...

You should expect a inspection visit soon.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Because parents who don't get what they want tend to do crazy things like make complaints against the provider who doesn't give in to their demands.

If you give her a refund I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
              Because many families terminated by their providers for poor behavior tend to call in a report of some sort...

You should expect a inspection visit soon.
              Well, thats just sad. If she chooses to do that, that is up to her, I have nothing to hide. I'm not going to give her her money back for fear of her calling licensing.

Comment

Well, thats just sad. If she chooses to do that, that is up to her, I have nothing to hide. I'm not going to give her her money back for fear of her calling licensing.
                Good for you!!! It will help her next provider.

I added some tags to the bottom...they will lead you to other folks who had similar issues, too.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

It is VERY common for parents to call licensing when they have been termed. The care that they would have willingly taken their child to the next day or week BEFORE the termination now is worthy of a complaint to licensing.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Giving the money back won't help with the decreasing the odds of being called into licensing. She feels she deserves that.

It's the NO that she received that will cause her to call the state. Having the money complaint is just a cherry on top.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I would offer the money back. You feel you can not provide services to this family anymore and therefore need to return the money she has offered in exchange for you providing services. She paid 2 weeks ahead assuming you would hold up your end of the bargain. Unless you expect people to pay every morning I think it is unfair not to return the money.

If anyone told me they wanted me to find another provider- even if they were honest and told me the truth I would expect that they would not want my kid back not even one more day and would then not charge me.

Sounds like you want time to fill the spot which I think is unfair.

Comment

There are providers here that had their licensing called because someone disagreed with something they posted...

It is true....

Comment

Part of me wants to give in and give her some money back, the part that feels bad and doesn't like feeling like the bad guy. I really liked these parents and hate that they reacted this way. But then I think about the fact that I am running a business and I don't think I am being unfair. I gave her proper notice and am just enforcing the contract she signed. She came by today and just asked for her sons stuff. I didn't know what to say to her, I should have said something but felt maybe I should just leave it at that and avoid a confrontation. I am sad that a parent has left on bad terms...

Comment

try not to let it get to you. you didnt do anything wrong. like nanny said, parents dont like hearing no and I think we can all agree that most of the time, terming leads to bad feelings from the parents. its never going to be fun to have someone say they cant or wont watch your child anymore.

Comment

If you have your contract to back you up then use it and dont refund that money. Esp because you were very willing to keep the child until the end. No refunds!
                              Debbie

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all of your advice. I'm glad to know that everyone seems to think I was fair(other than dcm). Now I will just enjoy my quiet days and wait for my licensing visit......

Comment

Working...
                                X