Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of You with SA's - Room Set up/Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes. Thanks ladies!

Comment

I have been slow to respond to this because while I specialize in school aged thier is nothing special about my set up. We use the living room and the kitchen that is it. the living room has several computers, a TV (rarely used, except as a radio) and book shelves with books and games.

Right now I only have one child that I pick up form state funded preschool and he will continue in the fall.

Basically the plan on non-school days is to do a craft in the morning have lunch at 11:30 and take a field trip between lunch and snack, Be home for snack at 3:30.

On school days the by the time we yet home it will be almost snack time and from 4:00 - 4:30 is homework club,everyone does homework even if I have to find something for you to do like practice your printing. Fridays we will watch a movie. I do not think it matter that much how you set up the room/house when it comes to school angers you must keep them busy or they get very creative and busy themselves not always in a good way. LOL

Comment

I just wonder what new families want to see - would they prefer more of a "daycare" or classroom like space, or something more home like?

Comment

I don't have a separate daycare room (hope to someday), and don't really have any pics at the moment. We use the kitchen & living room (which combined are 1/2 my house and one long room), hallway and my son's room mostly for dc. We use my room and my teenagers room for naptime.

I have a mixed age group that includes a 2nd grader, 2 first graders, one of which is my ds. DS will be 7 in sept. All 3 are boys. They usually just play at the kitchen table, in the living room, or in my son's room, or outside with my son's toys. I don't have too much special for them, other than the fact my son has a TON of boy toys. ::

Those three will play with little legos at the kitchen table while my 1, 2 & 3yr olds play with mega blocks on the living room floor.
          Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Oh, and from my experiences, my parents just want a place for their children to be safe and be kids. They get enough classroom time in school, and personally I don't feel like they need it at my house.

Though, I do have a 30 minute required time for homework, if they have it, during the school year. This is mostly to give the kids an opportunity to do some of their work so the parents can enjoy their time with the kiddos after dinner without the child having to do stacks of homework.
            Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Originally posted by GretasLittleFriends View Post
              Oh, and from my experiences, my parents just want a place for their children to be safe and be kids. They get enough classroom time in school, and personally I don't feel like they need it at my house.

Though, I do have a 30 minute required time for homework, if they have it, during the school year. This is mostly to give the kids an opportunity to do some of their work so the parents can enjoy their time with the kiddos after dinner without the child having to do stacks of homework.
              I do that too. We have homework time every day after snack. I give them at least 25 minutes to get it done, and the ones who don't have any can draw or read. Except for the Tazmanian Devil child that I had at the last part of last year, this usually goes well.

Comment

Working...
              X