No announcement yet.

Other Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No other employment for me. I am thinking about doing an online program. My brain is rotting. I am a mover and a shaker so I have to do something else during down time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelwings36 View Post
      I believe that can be flipped both ways here. On the sprinkler thread I agreed with Nan, reason being, because I do NOT offer water play either for the reasons posted in my response to that thread. I was immediately attacked for my opinion on 'water play' and pretty much told that I strip the children from their child hood memories. It then got turned to a direct attack on me for a while because my opinion was different than someone else's. I do not think that is fair in any way whatsoever. Each person IS entitled to run their daycare in which ever way they see fit, pick their own policies and procedures and work with a clientel base that they are comfortable with. Just because someone doesn't offer a service that someone else does offer doesn't mean they are less of a daycare. I never have a problem keeping my daycare full, my children and parents happy and I don't offer 'water play' like other providers think is essential for a sucessful daycare to incorporate into their program.

I stood my ground on things when I was UNFAIRLY attacked because I stand behind my policies, procedures and program 100% regardless of how other people feel...this is still MY business and MY life!
      Well said!

Comment

• I chose to stay out of that hot mess.... I read some, but then it got too much for me so I stopped reading.

I agree with what Angelwings36 is saying. We all offer something different for our own reasons... I don't think it is fair to attack someone just becuase we don't agree or understand... I have been attacked on here before and it was silly.

good for you that you stood your ground!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crystal View Post
          So, I really haven't seen any "attacks" and if those of you who are stating so are referring to me, I stated my "opinion" in a very respectful manner re. Nannyde...as I stated, I agree with some forum members that she does sometime come off sounding as "superior" yet while I may not 100% agree with her philosophy of early care and education, I can respect that she does offer quality services that meet the needs of her family, as well as the families that she works with. In case those of you who think I have "attacked" Nannyde didn't notice....she and I respectfully "talked" about things and we are fine with each other.
          Crystal, I added the tags within a few minutes of the thread being posted...LOOOOONG before you even logged in. You were not even in my thought pattern at that time.

The thread was intended to stir the pot, IMHO. If you noticed I was the first to reply then I was offline for a day.

Pot meet kettle. :: There is so much irony here because you were the one I (and a few other forum friends) could not stand for my first 6 months....your posts made my blood boil because they came off so superior and condescending.... I think it happens slowly after you have answered the SAME question for the 400th time in online forums. It is not really intentional....

The truth of it is that you are very intelligent, deliberate, organized and know your stuff. I get that now, after having been here for a while and have a great respect for your posts. I have something to gain from knowing your philosophy whether or not I agree with it.

We are on polar opposite sides of the spectrum (and the country)...but so are our communities/cultures. YKWIM?

There is no "Right or Wrong" really (barring cruelty/abuse, etc) and the ECE recommendations over the years are documented proof . Everytime we adapt to a new method, they change it....::::::
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• this is just so well said

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
            I have something to gain from knowing your philosophy whether or not I agree with it.
            And it is one of the most valuable things a forum can provide.

Comment

• I dont do day care......but in my opinion.......if you all are so high and mighty and wonderful daycare providers........what are you doing online posting long posts that obviously take time to write.....when you should be taking care of kids?
              Just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I dont do day care......but in my opinion.......if you all are so high and mighty and wonderful daycare providers........what are you doing online posting long posts that obviously take time to write.....when you should be taking care of kids?
                Just sayin
                All my kids are sleeping, my house is clean and snack is prepared for when they wake up...a little me time now! And I deserve it. So if I want to look at a daycare forum, then darn it I am going to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I dont do day care......but in my opinion.......if you all are so high and mighty and wonderful daycare providers........what are you doing online posting long posts that obviously take time to write.....when you should be taking care of kids?
                  Just sayin
                  If you don't do daycare, why don't you find something more constructive to do than to dish on people you know nothing about, including their profession. Just saying.................

Comment

• because its fun watching women argue on the computer about watching kids which isnt even a real job LMAO

Comment

• Trolls are smelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                        Regarding another post where Nan and I were talking about her having other employment while doing childcare started making me wonder: how many of you do some sort of other job while doing childcare? I know alot of people have jobs like tupperware, scentsy, pampered chef.

I know Nan said the state (I hope I am quoting her right) can't have regulations on when she does her other jobs. If I don't have this right please correct me on this Nan. Our regulations say: The provider shall have no other employment, either in or out of the home, during the hours children are in care.

Do any one else have regulations like this?
                        Yes we have thatr reg in Arkansas. I cannot work outside home any hours children are in care. I can be gone for business related to daycare, personal business...etc

Comment

Working...
                        X