No announcement yet.

Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 times a day. At nap time, I put them into their playpens and by the time I am done vacuuming, they are sleeping.

Comment

Our goal is to get everything we can possibly do DONE while the kids are in the house and AWAKE.
      http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
        LOL...

Sometimes, when we have been trapped inside for too long...

I turn on the shopvac and chase them through the house with it.
        :::::::: I do this too!

Originally posted by Lianne View Post
        I have the kids vacuum. They love it and see it as a big kid responsibility. They even argue over whose turn it is to vacuum,
        I have kids ask if they can vacuum too...I don't usually let them as I don't want anyone misinterpreting that I have some violation of child labor laws going on..:::: and oddly, it seems to be boys who ask the most often. Maybe I should just let them and call it "husband training"

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
          I actually have had parents ask if I do any type of housework when the kids are here.
          Me, too.. That is one of the red flags for me to end the interview and wish them a nice afternoon and safe drive home.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
            Me, too.. That is one of the red flags for me to end the interview and wish them a nice afternoon and safe drive home.
            It definitely can be a red flag BUT often when you answer it they go... oh... okay... that makes sense.

I just say "of course we do housework while the kids are up. It's a HOME day care. We want to have everything done when the last kid walks out the door so we can have family time with our family."
            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
              It definitely can be a red flag BUT often when you answer it they go... oh... okay... that makes sense.

I just say "of course we do housework while the kids are up. It's a HOME day care. We want to have everything done when the last kid walks out the door so we can have family time with our family."
              Your right....

It is all about the TONE of how they ask.

If it is "How do you get it all done??!! Please teach me.." I will be her best friend forever. ::
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I typically vacuum 3x a day - morning, after lunch and after snack. Mind you, I do not do daycare in my home reasoning I don't vacuum right after the kids leave, but in the morning when I get to work.

Comment

I never have done until this week ::, now I vacuum in the am, after lunch I gate the kids from the kitchen and sweep and mop (I have to do this, the babies are the messiest I have EVER come across), and I also now - after reading this thread - will be vacuuming in the pm after the majority of the kids have left.

Comment

I vacuum as needed throughout the day sometimes 3x's a day. I also spot mop and dust as needed. It just drives me crazy to have a messy house. I'll b playing on the rug and notice that there is debree and particles on it and I'll grab the vacuum. All the kids sit on the couch while I do it and then they go on their merry way. I wouldn't want my son playing on a dirty rug so I don't expect my DC kids to either. If I see a spot on the floor I'll mop it too. Dust? Just takes a few seconds to dust it off. I also wash the dishes, wash the cleaning rags, throw a load in, load/unload the dishwasher and check for cobwebs. Nothing major. Once DC is over I can sweep and mop really well.

Comment

Originally posted by blueclouds29 View Post
                      Do you guys ever vacuum while the kids are there? I just never have, i wait till night but it would be nice to do it quickly while they are playing and before parents pick up. Are there any cleaning that you do or don't do while the kids are there?
                      Just curious... that's all....
                      I do a deep clean on friday night or saturday morn(disinfect and break out all the chemicals) but I usually keep up all day. I have hardwood floors so I break out my trusty swiffer. I vacuum as well, especially if theres glitter and stuff. During free play I may spot wash the windows on the inside of little prints. I wash all my dishes after meals. I throw laundry in ( on same floor) dry it and then fold it in the daycare room while kids play. Somedays I even get dinner prepped. My husband is around alot during the day so he gets either put to work or asked to watch the kiddies for a few. Sometimes I am on top of it all and as the last child leaves, I merely flick off the lights. Other days barely had time to GO potty much less clean the toilet! ::

Comment

Working...
                      X