Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum

Do you guys ever vacuum while the kids are there? I just never have, i wait till night but it would be nice to do it quickly while they are playing and before parents pick up. Are there any cleaning that you do or don't do while the kids are there?
    Just curious... that's all....

I vacuum several times day! We make a game of it. While I vacuum this end of the room, the kids are all at the other. When this side is done......ready.....set......switch! They laugh as they run to the other side of the room.

Comment

I do at 7 am, to get up any fuzzier from early morning laundry session, after nap, and after they go home.

Comment

I vacume multiple times a day myself. I bought a cordless stick vacume to use instead of pulling out the big one so much. I vacume after every meal (around the table) the enterence way depending on what gets tracked in a couple times.
        We are in one room all day so if the floors get dirty you cant hide it

I do want to say I bought a $30 stick vacume from walmart and love it more then my dyson!! We pull out the birdseed and this vacume cleans it up like its nothing. The dyson ...... not so much. Its also not so loud so I can clean up during nap and not wake the kids

Comment

Yep. I vacuum several times a day. I have a large regular vacuum I do twice a week. But on the other days, and several times during the day, I use a small shark stick vac. It's not as big, loud or cumbersome as the large vacuum, so its easy to bring out to pick up a few crumbs. I, personally, hate the shark brand, they dont last long, so am looking into a dirt devil for next time. But I couldnt live without my small vac.

Comment

LOL...

Sometimes, when we have been trapped inside for too long...

I turn on the shopvac and chase them through the house with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareMama View Post
              I vacume multiple times a day myself. I bought a cordless stick vacume to use instead of pulling out the big one so much. I vacume after every meal (around the table) the enterence way depending on what gets tracked in a couple times.
              We are in one room all day so if the floors get dirty you cant hide it

I do want to say I bought a $30 stick vacume from walmart and love it more then my dyson!! We pull out the birdseed and this vacume cleans it up like its nothing. The dyson ...... not so much. Its also not so loud so I can clean up during nap and not wake the kids
              Can you shorten the handle?

Comment

i vacuum several times a day, after meals and every day at 5:00 pm.

when I vacuum at 5pm, i give the kids books to read so that they are busy doing something if they get bored of books, they get puzzles.

only one parent has ever said anything and I told them that i cant leave messes for the kids to further dirty my house. they seemd to understand.

Comment

I have the kids vacuum. They love it and see it as a big kid responsibility. They even argue over whose turn it is to vacuum,
                  Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

I never have. But, I would if something needed vacuuming. I normally do it every other day after they leave.

Comment

Several times a day.

I also Mop twice a day.
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

If the kids have dropped so much food (or playdoh, little pieces of paper, etc...) on the floor that I can't pick it up quickly with a dustpan and small broom, I'll vacuum. Otherwise, I try to wait until they're all gone before I do any kind of cleaning. I've always worried that if my licensor or a parent walked in, they might assume I do housework while I'm supposed to be caring for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
                          If the kids have dropped so much food (or playdoh, little pieces of paper, etc...) on the floor that I can't pick it up quickly with a dustpan and small broom, I'll vacuum. Otherwise, I try to wait until they're all gone before I do any kind of cleaning. I've always worried that if my licensor or a parent walked in, they might assume I do housework while I'm supposed to be caring for the kids.
                          Same here! I actually have had parents ask if I do any type of housework when the kids are here. That lets me know that they are paying for my time with their children not to be cleaning my house. Now, I will try to do some things during naptime but it almost always seems I still need to in the daycare room because someone can't settle down. So pretty much all housework is done after I close.
                          Each day is a fresh start
                          Never look back on regrets
                          Live life to the fullest
                          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                            Can you shorten the handle?
                            No not on this one. But it does bend in the middle to go under things better. This is a purple shark, only had it maybe 4 months so im not sure how long it will last.

The handle looks like this one.

Comment

Every day! I fit it in while we are having snack upstairs, or when we are down I do it right after they clean up and are transitioning to another activity. Some things just are part of the daily maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                              X