No announcement yet.

What Do You Think Of The New Baby Doll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think Of The New Baby Doll?

I got up this morning and the news was just going on and on about a new breastfeeding baby doll. I'm just wondering how you feel about the doll?

I think girls (and some boys) are going to mimic their mothers feeding a sibling and I really don't have a problem with the doll

P.S. I'm not trying starting any "outrage" ... just thought I would see how others felt about it as it's ALL over my news

Well, I had a doll that I gave water to so she peed her pants, another that I fed baby food gel to that pooped her pants, and a huge plastic cow that lapped up water from a bowl, had a white refill packet that was shoved in its bottom that then had to be milked.....

Remember the hullabalu about the anatomically correct dolls in the 80's? My Mom went ahead and got me the junior high science class ones whose organs fell out...

I think I turned out remotely "normal", muahahaha.......::::::::

A breastfeeding doll really sounds tame to me...... Ah, the 70's
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Love it

I think that it is really cute. I nursed all of my children, and my girls did "breastfeed" thier dolls when they were little. I guess my youngest did not however since she never seen me breastfeed another baby besides her twin brother. I would love to get this doll. I will keep my eye out for it.

Comment

As a mama who is still breastfeeding a three year old, I don't have a problem with it except for one thing...WHY does everything need electronics?! What is so darn hard about holding a doll to their chest and saying, "I'm nursing my baby!" WHY does it need to cry, make sucking sounds, etc?

I like simple things...pretending to nurse a baby (or, um, any other toy : is about as simple as it gets.

But beyond the fact that I get so tired of EVERY toy being developed with bells and whistles and batteries, I have no problem with a breastfeeding doll.
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

To each their own, but I would not allow it in my daycare, nor would I buy it for my own child. While it is a natural thing, I don't feel it needs to be pushed onto a young child. Just weird and not natural for a young child to be doing it. Kids are pushed into grown up things way too early already in their life, I don't feel we need to push this on them.

Comment

I'd definitely buy it

I think this doll is done in a tasteful and modest way. It teaches young children the importance of breastfeeding. I breastfed both my children. My kids are 2 and 4 and they know that nursing babies are just "drinking their mommy's milk". They don't even think twice about it. It's a totally natural thing. Nothing irks me more than when people try to sexualize breastfeeding.

I have seen many kids take regular baby dolls and hold them up to their chest as if they are breastfeeding so I don't understand what the difference is. For the parents that are offended by this doll...then just don't buy it for your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
              As a mama who is still breastfeeding a three year old, I don't have a problem with it except for one thing...WHY does everything need electronics?! What is so darn hard about holding a doll to their chest and saying, "I'm nursing my baby!" WHY does it need to cry, make sucking sounds, etc?

I like simple things...pretending to nurse a baby (or, um, any other toy : is about as simple as it gets.

But beyond the fact that I get so tired of EVERY toy being developed with bells and whistles and batteries, I have no problem with a breastfeeding doll.
              Same here. My kids just nurse their babies the old fashioned way, by holding it up to their chest. They give birth the old fashioned way too, by stuffing the dolly under their shirt, pulling it out, and yellling, "it's a girl! (or boy)".

Comment

Not too sure on this one.......

I think it's fine for a toddler who sees their mother breastfeeding a sibling, to watch and ask questions etc. if they want....and they should get simple, honest answers. But there is something a little creepy about making a doll so that little girls can "do it themselves". They'll grow up soon enough.

Menstruation is natural too.......and nothing at all to be ashamed of.....but are we going to have little girls pretend play that too????

Comment

I'm not opposed to kids "nursing" the baby dolls, I've even had little boys with younger siblings do this, however I find this toy a bit disturbing. Just seems a bit much to me.

Comment

What an amazing idea!! I love it! My son carried his doll in a carrier, and would sit down beside me on the couch, lift up his shirt and nurse his doll while I was nursing his baby brother. Honestly, when I started collecting toys when I was starting out doing daycare, my youngest wanted to know what the doll bottles were for .

I do wish that they wouldn't be so gender-specific when talking about the doll in the video clip though. Why should only girls learn how to breastfeed? If more boys learned, they'd be way more supportive of their wives when they become parents.

I'm the most prudish, modest person out there, but they made this doll very tastefully. I am seriously considering buying one of these for my own kids and my daycare kids.
                    www.WelcomeToTheZoo.ca

Comment

The concept of the doll.. I like.

But, here is what bugs me about it. It HAS to make noise? Why do all the dolls have to make noise now?

I'm afraid to walk through the doll isle in Target anymore because of all those obnoxious dolls. As soon as you get too close to the isle, 25 dolls turn and start crying and waving their arms. I doubt I buy a doll like that (I would if my dd really wanted it) But, I wouldn't purposely go out and buy an electronic noise producing doll.

I had the Anatomically correct dolls in the 70s. I had the REALLLLY ugly lifelike dolls in the 80s (as an adult no less) Bottle fed, breast fed, whatever.. I don't care. But, every doll every kid brings over here, has a voice box inside.

*I grew up with pull string dolls... so, I'm sure my parents wished I'd stop pulling those stupid strings. But, that's different... there was nothing better than a Mrs Beasly or Drowsy doll

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
                        The concept of the doll.. I like.

But, here is what bugs me about it. It HAS to make noise? Why do all the dolls have to make noise now?

I'm afraid to walk through the doll isle in Target anymore because of all those obnoxious dolls. As soon as you get too close to the isle, 25 dolls turn and start crying and waving their arms. I doubt I buy a doll like that (I would if my dd really wanted it) But, I wouldn't purposely go out and buy an electronic noise producing doll.

I had the Anatomically correct dolls in the 70s. I had the REALLLLY ugly lifelike dolls in the 80s (as an adult no less) Bottle fed, breast fed, whatever.. I don't care. But, every doll every kid brings over here, has a voice box inside.

*I grew up with pull string dolls... so, I'm sure my parents wished I'd stop pulling those stupid strings. But, that's different... there was nothing better than a Mrs Beasly or Drowsy doll
                        Yep, that's what I thought too. I see cute dolls and then discover that they make noise, and it's sayonara! I won't have noisy dolls in my daycare. That's what the kids' voices are for.

I right there with ya on the not purposely buying one unless it was particularly coveted by my own DD...and then it will be Santa buying it, not me::. I didn't have dolls in the 70's or lifelike ones in the 80's though...I didn't exist yet in the 70's and was 4 when the 80's ended (I am 25).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                          (I am 25).
                          I have daycare toys older than you.

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
                            I have daycare toys older than you.
                            I'm sure many of you on this board do.

Actually, I have some toys older than me too, but I don't let those babies into the daycare kids' hands. Those are MINE and they are kept safe. Mine. My own. My precious... ::

Comment

Yay!!!!! I get SO SO SO irritated that dolls always come with bottles! This makes me so happy

Comment

Working...
                              X