Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner Daycare- How to Fill My Spots!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open house

I agree, an open house is a great one!! Offer tours and give parents a NO REGISTRATION FEE COUPON when they sign up their child for care by the following Friday!! You could also offer some Parent's Day Out Dates with the holidays coming up....friends may shop together and bring their little ones and when the kids love it so will the parents!!

When kids like Daycare PARENTS WILL TOO!!!!

Have a sign made for your yard that there are a few openings

Comment

Spending $50 for something that only lasts four days is inefficient in this day and age. Spend $5 a month and place your info in Daycare.com's database. This is not a shameless plug but a necessity in today’s internet age. Global reach for $5 a month.

If you do list with us, suggest you place, in the first two lines of your description, "10% Off First Week if You Mention You Found Us on Daycare.com!

That line serves three purposes. First, people will mention it even if you give them a $1 discount, ! Second, it tells you from where your leads are coming from. Otherwise people will tell you they found you on the internet. Third, those first two lines come up in the search summary and will stand out like a sore/green thumb.

If you do list with us let us know and we will give your info a look over in order to best maximize your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

https://daycare.com/php/start_new_signup.php

Good luck!
      Last edited by Michael; 10-23-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I'm in VA and would love some info cuddlebugz!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I just spent $50 in advertising in my local paper for FOUR days. I have so far received no calls. I have a great setup and a college degree in early childhood education, but still, absolutely no calls. I tried calling realtors but none of them have any type of referral sheet for new families. We have no Welcome Wagon (maybe that went out in the 1980s), and hardly any bulletin boards in this city of 150,000 people. I am making a whopping $10 a day at my job as a medical editor (absolutely no work coming over), and I am in a bad situation. I am going to place flyers in a couple kids consignment shops, but beyond that, I just don't know what to do...and I can't keep dropping $50 for advertising every week. I would love some advice, and Cuddlebuggz, if you have any advertising info, I'd be grateful!
          I will work on that and get back to you,I apologize I just saw this post this evening, should be able to find some info for you by tomorrow..where in Montana are you..

Comment

I'm in VA and would love some info cuddlebugz!
            Where in VA? Need a little more location to find good ideas for you, I will look into and have some more for you tomorrow but a closer proximity would help..

Comment

Hi Cuddlebuggz!

I'm in Billings, Montana. Sorry! I never thought to tell you the city : )

Comment

advertisements

I'm in Billings, Montana. Sorry! I never thought to tell you the city : )
                I will have something for you by the end of the day..

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm in Fairfax, VA! Thanks! zip is 22033

Comment

I think the biggest problem in the states is that everyone seems to want to quit their job and run a day care. It takes a special person with proper professional education to do the job right. I for one have never worked in a -for-profit centre; the thought of trying to make a buck off children doesn't make sense. Come to Ontario, visit non profit centres run by educated teachers and look at our 100+ name waiting lists. Just because you are a parent or "like kids" does not make you an effective early childhood educator. geez...
                    Or could it be the reason that you have such long waiting lists is supply and demand forces on that segment of the market?

Is it very hard to get a DC license in Ontario?

I bet you make a "profit" personally.....I doubt you put all your expensive education to work for free. You can call it a wage, but any way you cut it, you're "trying to make a buck off children".

C'mon, we're talking about teaching little kids their manners, social skills, numbers, colors, and the basics here....this isn't rocket science or brain surgery. This is one level below Kindergarten. Sheesh.

IMHO, I would never put my child in any DC center, I feel that a healthy home day care setting is much better. Kids will have plenty of opportunity to be a sheep in the herd in life, why start them out so young?
                    Last edited by Chickenhauler; 10-27-2009, 10:20 PM.
                    Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

Working...
                    X