Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was really cranky today and the boys were driving me totally bonkers. I looked at the boys and said, "Why, why can't you two just be calm, quiet, and behave for 5 minutes?" The 3 yo looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Because we're boys and that's just what boys do."

This was after the 4 yo spilled over a bowl of blueberries this morning, sending them all over the kitchen floor and I stepped on 4 of them while trying to clean them up.

This afternoon, they were playing in the sand tables, then started playing in the dirt to find "meteors" (rocks). They were both pretty grubby and I said that I needed to take the hose to them and wash them off. The both ran off behind me. I was talking to Daddy #2 when I heard the water. The 4 yo grabbed the hose and the 3 yo turned the faucet on so the 4 yo could give himself a shower outside. All I could do was shake my head and turn off the water.

Comment

• I turned around to find the 4 yr old dancing very stiff robot jerky like and bouncing around yelling ROCK LOBSTER!!!! LALALA. ROCK LOBSTER!!!!!

Comment

• Busted!!!!

Got a quick phone call from a Grandparent of one of my DCK's.

It seems during a lunch outing with her daughter (my DCM) she was being told all about how difficult it was trying to potty train one and break the other from a bottle at the same time.

The conversation went on for a while before her grandson (my 2.5 yo DCB) threw his hands up in the air and said "I don't see any cheese!!".

Yep, you guessed it..I say that all the time when he starts whining....
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• I was making my 4 yo a slushie in the Ninja, which is really loud. He came up and hugged my leg, telling me, "It's ok Grandma, don't be afraid. I'll be right here holding you." Loud noises really upset him.

Comment

• So at lunch dcb says "I want hot dogs and mac n cheese." They were having eggs and hashbrown and fruit. I told him maybe next week. I dont like to make it cuz I'm on the food program and would have to make the mac n cheese homemade and the kids like kraft way better anyways.
            So they dont eat mac n cheese here.

You know what? After lunch they laid down for nap and what did I just start eating for lunch...mac and cheese n hot dogs.

I feel guilty...but nummy I love it!

Comment

• My DD(16) and DCB(3) were playing with a few action figures (Ninja Turtle and Buzz Lightyear).

DCB: "Hi! What are you?"
              DD: "I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle."
              DCB: *Piew piew* (Buzz lightyear shot his laser at the turtle) "Ha! Now you're dead."
              DD: "Oh, well, what's your name?"
              DCB: "I'm Buzz Lightyear and I come in peace."
              Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

• Originally posted by GretasLittleFriends View Post
                My DD(16) and DCB(3) were playing with a few action figures (Ninja Turtle and Buzz Lightyear).

DCB: "Hi! What are you?"
                DD: "I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle."
                DCB: *Piew piew* (Buzz lightyear shot his laser at the turtle) "Ha! Now you're dead."
                DD: "Oh, well, what's your name?"
                DCB: "I'm Buzz Lightyear and I come in peace."
                ha! That's great.
                Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

• Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                  I was making my 4 yo a slushie in the Ninja, which is really loud. He came up and hugged my leg, telling me, "It's ok Grandma, don't be afraid. I'll be right here holding you." Loud noises really upset him.
                  aw!!!
                  that's so cute!
                  I wish I was a grandma!

Comment

• I just finished end of summer cleaning (washed down all the fake trees and silk flowers in my house) so I can start the school year fresh .
                    So, my very "observant" dd came in and said "wow! is that a new tree?"

I said "no, I just washed it"
                    Kids are such a joy!

Comment

• We picked up the 4 yo from preschool today, headed to the mall to buy him some new shoes. As I'm driving down the freeway I hear, from the backseat, "I'm starving..........Guys, I'm starving, I'm starving, Guys." Silence for a second, "Is anybody going to feed me. I'm starving."

Since he barely spoke 6 mos ago, I love it. Yes, we did stop at McD's on the way to pick his cousin up from school.

Comment

• Funny, because if I don't laugh about it, I'll scream...

DCB 3 has finally started getting his shoes on the right feet fairly consistently. I say "finally" because his mom makes a big deal out of it, not me...I could care less at this age if they do it right the first time. But anyway,

so now that he gets them on the right feet consistently, he comes to me and says, "Look [silversabre25]! I got them right feet!" and I tell him "Yes, they are the right feet, you did it!"

Then what does he do? He goes and sits down and takes them off and switches them!!! EVERY DANG TIME. "That was wrong feet. now they right feet!"

I feel like banging my head against the wall...

Comment

• Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

Aggs, flour, buter, humey, bnanus, penut buter. It is apparently a cake recipe. I told him we couldn't make it last night because we don't have the right measurements. He said yes we do. It's 2 eggs, 2TBSP four, and proceeded to make up measurements. I thought it was great!

Little does he know that when he left for school this morning I googled the following : Egg, flour, honey, bananas, peanut butter and came up with a peanut butter banana bread recipe. (I don't have any peanut allergies). We are going to make this tonight and that will be our afternoon snack (treat) for his birthday tomorrow.
                          Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

Aggs, flour, buter, humey, bnanus, penut buter. It is apparently a cake recipe. I told him we couldn't make it last night because we don't have the right measurements. He said yes we do. It's 2 eggs, 2TBSP four, and proceeded to make up measurements. I thought it was great!

Little does he know that when he left for school this morning I googled the following : Egg, flour, honey, bananas, peanut butter and came up with a peanut butter banana bread recipe. (I don't have any peanut allergies). We are going to make this tonight and that will be our afternoon snack (treat) for his birthday tomorrow.
                            OH, that is too sweet! And how awesome that you were able to find a recipe that uses his ingredients (and for something resembling a cake, too!). Since he wanted it to be a cake, you could "frost" the "cake" with a simple glaze. Or make a simple cream cheese frosting (cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little milk).

Comment

Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

That is so cute.

Comment

• DCB3 is singing "All the jingle bells" then in a higher voice "All the jingle bells". I think he's trying to sing "All the Single Ladies" ::

Comment

Working...
                                X