What's For Dinner????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
    I told my family long ago that there would be NO complaining about whatever I choose to make for dinner each night, that they are fortunate to have someone who is actually willing to cook for them. If they don't care for my choices then I will gladly turn over this responsibility to them permanently (and I'd never complain about what they made, either ). They chose to eat without complaint.
    IM with you sister. I sometimes give a few choices but its usually what I feel like cooking and if you dont like it dont eat it, but guess what, if theres alot leftover, its whats for dinner tomorrow.

Comment

First thing I taught hubs "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" I make a meal in one or a main dish with a couple of sides. Everyone chooses what they want out of that or eats a big brekkie the next morning! It works really well! Our school system has "pick a better snack" day once a month and the teachers always say that only one or two kids can identify the food, have actually eaten it before, and will try anything new. Our kids are always in that group. Hubbs isn't a veggie dude but he will eat the main dish and the starch side well. As long as no one complains I don't care.

Comment

Oh, and we are having tacos and black beans tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jessrlee View Post
          First thing I taught hubs "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" I make a meal in one or a main dish with a couple of sides. Everyone chooses what they want out of that or eats a big brekkie the next morning! It works really well! Our school system has "pick a better snack" day once a month and the teachers always say that only one or two kids can identify the food, have actually eaten it before, and will try anything new. Our kids are always in that group. Hubbs isn't a veggie dude but he will eat the main dish and the starch side well. As long as no one complains I don't care.
          i have a sign that hangs by my stove. it says....

"open the oven and take a look. the first to complain is tomorrow night's cook!"

::::::

Comment

Originally posted by melskids View Post
            i have a sign that hangs by my stove. it says....

"open the oven and take a look. the first to complain is tomorrow night's cook!"

::::::
            I want this!!!!!!!

Comment

Our family dinner menu's for the last 2 weeks;
              Steak Salad, Peasant Bread
              Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans
              Breakfast Scramble, Mini Pancakes with Cherries
              Chicken Quesidilla, Corn
              Home Made Personal Pizza's
              Ribs, Mashed Potato, Bkd Beans

Potato-white bean-ham chowder, bagel halves with cheese
              Chicken Parmesean
              Taco's
              Chicken and Roasted Potato
              Mexi-Meatball Subs
              Spinach Mushroom Beef Stew, Sourdough Bread

Comment

I cook a lot of chicken and fish at my house. My hubby and I both like to cook, thank goodness. He told me when we married that he wanted to make sure we had 'plate food' regularly (instead of fast food, restaurants, or frozen dinners) so the kids will grow up to know there's always something hearty at home. He said, when he was a teenager with his first car, he'd be gone all day wasting gas, but he would always come home for dinner. It probably helped that his dad was Italian and made a mean sauce...

Comment

WOW anythingspossible I need to come to your house for dinner!

So do you plan everything on the weekends or how do you do it. I don't mind cooking I just can't seem to come up with the different ideas.

Comment

On Monday night I made a sausage/pepper/carrot/potato bake thing with a salad. Last night was home made pizza with left over salad. Tonight is pulled pork bbq sandwiches with a ton of steamed vegetables. Tomorrow night will be baked chicken marinaded in a bunch of spices, a baked potato and steamed vegetables. Every Friday is dinner out.

Keep in mind, I'm cooking dinner just for myself. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
                    Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
                      I told my family long ago that there would be NO complaining about whatever I choose to make for dinner each night, that they are fortunate to have someone who is actually willing to cook for them. If they don't care for my choices then I will gladly turn over this responsibility to them permanently (and I'd never complain about what they made, either ). They chose to eat without complaint.
                      I said the same thing....except in my situation, my DH took me up on it! But that is okay because he really likes to cook and I don't so I do not care what he cooks as long as I am not having to do it. I clean up every night after dinner so it is a win-win situation.

Last night though we had Kielbasa and sourkraut with steamed green beans and sweet rolls. Not my DS's fav but he doesn't dare complain because all he knows how to cook is Ramen noodles....

Comment

Tonight is Church, so I have 45 min, from the time the last kiddo leaves, until I leave....so easy dinner....HOT DOG!!!! ::

Comment

Originally posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
                          Our family dinner menu's for the last 2 weeks;
                          Steak Salad, Peasant Bread
                          Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans
                          Breakfast Scramble, Mini Pancakes with Cherries
                          Chicken Quesidilla, Corn
                          Home Made Personal Pizza's
                          Ribs, Mashed Potato, Bkd Beans

Potato-white bean-ham chowder, bagel halves with cheese
                          Chicken Parmesean
                          Taco's
                          Chicken and Roasted Potato
                          Mexi-Meatball Subs
                          Spinach Mushroom Beef Stew, Sourdough Bread
                          Thanks! This sounds great.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blackcat31;88241]I said the same thing....except in my situation, my DH took me up on it! But that is okay because he really likes to cook and I don't so I do not care what he cooks as long as I am not having to do it. I clean up every night after dinner so it is a win-win situation.
                            [QUOTE]

Oh sure, just go ahead and make me jealous ::.

Comment

Tacos

Hamburger Pie
                              Green beans
                              Roll

Caribbean pork stir fry
                              Rice

Beef stew
                              Artisan French bread

Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
                              Broccoli
                              Garlic Toast