No announcement yet.

2020 Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning is pretty low key. DS & DIL come over for gifts. Traditional breakfast of cinnamon rolls & biscuits and venison sausage gravy.

Rest of the day is have more of a “have food out in case someone shows up” type thing. Usually it’s a good number of friends and family. Not sure what this year will be like. Meal wise I tend to do non traditional things because I’m not a huge turkey or ham fan (plus it a annoys MIL so that’s a plus). In the past I’ve done taco bars, horseshoe bars, smoked meat platters, etc. Thinking about doing a wing bar this year. Boneless & traditional wings cooked, 3-4 sauce options, chips & dip, & deserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      Yes. Fake is more convenient for us.

Here unless you live in an apartment building a majority of people have real trees. Being winter and most houses are closed up tight, the smell can get overwhelming sometimes so I was borderline thinking everyone was crazy wanting so much aroma in their houses. ! ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        Here unless you live in an apartment building a majority of people have real trees. Being winter and most houses are closed up tight, the smell can get overwhelming sometimes so I was borderline thinking everyone was crazy wanting so much aroma in their houses. ! ::
        Here, we have a tendency to have moldy, insect infested or rotting trees since it is still warm and rainy when they are cut and stacked. The smell of a real Christmas tree is not always what you bargain for down here... ::::

I do tend to put real ones outside on the porches, though. The migrating birds love them.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

We could definitely still try and fit it in...or even let it bleed over into the New Year if anyone is interested in participating.

I'll start a thread and see what people think.

Everyone needs a little pick me up during this pandemic!
          Waaaaait- like a daycare forum secret santa?! Let me know if it happens! That sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by CenterTeacher20 View Post
            Waaaaait- like a daycare forum secret santa?! Let me know if it happens! That sounds awesome!
            We did it for many years but had a few members who received and did not give the past several years. I think it got pretty difficult to manage. :confused: I am game to start one, but it is a little later than we usually did it, already.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I got mine at Lowes and noticed the same, 6. They also were much more loaded with oil, to the point of dripping. I laid them on paper towels to absorb some before hanging. Guess it was easier to lower count than raise prices in this economy?
              The dripping oil was probably meant for the 2 missing sticks::

Comment

I've seen those scented things but have never bought any.

My house always smells like a forest as it is from just the tree itself so do those of you that use them, use them because you have a fake Christmas tree?
                I do! I've never had a real tree

Comment

We did it for many years but had a few members who received and did not give the past several years. I think it got pretty difficult to manage. :confused: I am game to start one, but it is a little later than we usually did it, already.
                  I never participated so it wasn't me
                  I never entered but it was fun reading about the different gifts everyone got

I think it would be fun to do it again, even though it's late, If it's too late for Christmas, we could have a secret "end of the year surprise" thing
                  I'm open to anything

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
                    I never participated so it wasn't me
                    I never entered but it was fun reading about the different gifts everyone got

I think it would be fun to do it again, even though it's late, If it's too late for Christmas, we could have a secret "end of the year surprise" thing
                    I'm open to anything
                    I'd like a "start the new year off right" swap. Daycare related or personal?

Comment

You could start a thread to see what members response is

Comment

I think we should do that!
                        I'll start a thread and get the info needed!

Comment

Thanks!! My fingers are frozen....

Comment

Yay! New year swap sounds like so much fun!!

Comment

Maybe you could make it end around Valentine's Day? Secret Cupid
                              Just a thought.

Comment

Do you send out surveys or anything, to kind of figure out preferences? Is there a dollar limit?
                                I'm interested; I participated in them on CF(some of you are from that old site I believe?) but I've never done one here. Do you *have* to be a provider? I could use some fun to spice up my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X