New Reg: Let's Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reg: Let's Discuss

At least one Staff person with a satisfactory Comprehensive Records Check Determination shall supervise Children at all times appropriate to the individual age, needs and capabilities of each child.

Such supervision must include, but not be limited to, indoor and outdoor activities, mealtimes, naptime, transportation, field trips, and transitions between activities.

"Supervision" means Staff members are providing watchful oversight to the children, volunteers and Students-in-Training.

The person(s) supervising in the child care area must be alert, positioned to maximize their ability to hear and see the children at all times, and able to respond promptly to the needs and actions of the children being supervised, as well as the actions of the volunteers and Students-in-Training, and provide timely attention to the children's actions and needs.

Staff shall be attentive and participating with all children during mealtimes and shall be seated within an arm’s length away from children thirty-six (36) months of age and younger.

Plans shall be made to obtain additional Staff help in cases of emergencies.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    At least one Staff person with a satisfactory Comprehensive Records Check Determination shall supervise Children at all times appropriate to the individual age, needs and capabilities of each child.

Such supervision must include, but not be limited to, indoor and outdoor activities, mealtimes, naptime, transportation, field trips, and transitions between activities.

"Supervision" means Staff members are providing watchful oversight to the children, volunteers and Students-in-Training.

The person(s) supervising in the child care area must be alert, positioned to maximize their ability to hear and see the children at all times, and able to respond promptly to the needs and actions of the children being supervised, as well as the actions of the volunteers and Students-in-Training, and provide timely attention to the children's actions and needs.

Staff shall be attentive and participating with all children during mealtimes and shall be seated within an arm’s length away from children thirty-six (36) months of age and younger.

Plans shall be made to obtain additional Staff help in cases of emergencies.
    We had something similar a few years back; but it ended up being re-written/modified as everyone was getting "wrote up". ::

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

This gem is going to be a hit. " If formula must be provided by the Home, only commercially prepared, ready-to-feed
      formula shall be used."

So it is too expensive for us to expect the parents to buy it but we are expected to pay over double for liquid ready to feed? The reimbursement does not even cover the powder.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

"Menus. The Home shall provide a menu listing all meals and snacks to be served during the current week. Substitutions shall be recorded on the posted menu. Menus shall be retained at the Home for six (6) months."

Comment

This gem is going to be a hit. " If formula must be provided by the Home, only commercially prepared, ready-to-feed
          formula shall be used."

So it is too expensive for us to expect the parents to buy it but we are expected to pay over double for liquid ready to feed? The reimbursement does not even cover the powder.
          We only have to "offer" formula but the key is to 'offer' something no one will use.:: So far I've been good on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
            We only have to "offer" formula but the key is to 'offer' something no one will use.:: So far I've been good on that.
            I've been offering the Parent's Choice Non-GMO Premium Infant Formula with Iron. Everyone takes me up on it after they finish breast feeding. Parents Choice does not even make a ready to feed liquid.

They also are mandating the breastfeeding area. Just like we expected: All of the QRIS stuff is becoming the minimum standard. This is easy for me as an empty nester, but will be a deal breaker for many others. There will be so many more illegal daycares this year.

"The Home shall encourage and support breastfeeding. The Home shall have a designated area set aside for breastfeeding mothers to breastfeed."

"Food for infants or children less than one (1) year of age shall be cut into pieces one-quarter inch or smaller and food for toddlers shall be cut into pieces one-half inch or smaller to prevent choking." - I do have one who will go ballistic if I cut his apples, pears or bananas.

Comment

I've been offering the Parent's Choice Non-GMO Premium Infant Formula with Iron. Everyone takes me up on it after they finish breast feeding. Parents Choice does not even make a ready to feed liquid.

They also are mandating the breastfeeding area. Just like we expected: All of the QRIS stuff is becoming the minimum standard. This is easy for me as an empty nester, but will be a deal breaker for many others. There will be so many more illegal daycares this year.

"The Home shall encourage and support breastfeeding. The Home shall have a designated area set aside for breastfeeding mothers to breastfeed."

"Food for infants or children less than one (1) year of age shall be cut into pieces one-quarter inch or smaller and food for toddlers shall be cut into pieces one-half inch or smaller to prevent choking." - I do have one who will go ballistic if I cut his apples, pears or bananas.
              we have the "cut the food thing"...started as an QRIS assessment rule but ended up in licensing....but since assessment is different we are told there will be a new layout with licensing as well. But a little too late; FCC is near dead here! Only those my age and that have been in it for several years are all that's left. Maybe it will pick back up but who knows?

FYI...there is such a thing as goat-made baby formula....just saying...it was shown to me from another provider (oops, educator).::::::::::

Comment

we have the "cut the food thing"...started as an QRIS assessment rule but ended up in licensing....but since assessment is different we are told there will be a new layout with licensing as well. But a little too late; FCC is near dead here! Only those my age and that have been in it for several years are all that's left. Maybe it will pick back up but who knows?

FYI...there is such a thing as goat-made baby formula....just saying...it was shown to me from another provider (oops, educator).::::::::::
                ::::::

This kid is a big 3, bigger than my neighbors 5 year old. Farm kid. Independent. Now, I am supposed to baby him. His mom is going to love it... not. :::: Toddler = under 4. This kid climbs trees and picks his own dang apples....

Comment

This kid is a big 3, bigger than my neighbors 5 year old. Farm kid. Independent. Now, I am supposed to baby him. His mom is going to love it... not. :::: Toddler = under 4. This kid climbs trees and picks his own dang apples....

Comment

I also don't think I should have to sit during meals.

How can I be serving seconds, cleaning droppings, picking up lost silverware, spoon feeding infants and sitting on my backside? Wheelchair? Staggered mealtimes?

I don't even have an extra chair in my dining room. Arms length? Easy. On my derrière at the busiest time in my work day? :confused::confused::confused:

How?? How do you manage that?

Also, the lack of participation is something I will remember when others need help.

Comment

I also don't think I should have to sit during meals.

How can I be serving seconds, cleaning droppings, picking up lost silverware, spoon feeding infants and sitting on my backside? Wheelchair? Staggered mealtimes?

I don't even have an extra chair in my dining room. Arms length? Easy. On my derrière at the busiest time in my work day? :confused::confused::confused:

How?? How do you manage that?

Also, the lack of participation is something I will remember when others need help.
                      We argued that we could stand/sit/move and still be alert enough to "act" if something like choking was taking place. I mean we are in a confined kitchen type space whether a room or small area of the daycare room like myself? It's really a judgment call now for licensing to decide if we are keeping our eyes on the kids.??

Comment

I've been doing daycare so long, I told my licensor I knew by the smell which kid had pooped. Being a provider-educator is a talent!!!

Comment

I've been doing daycare so long, I told my licensor I knew by the smell which kid had pooped. Being a provider-educator is a talent!!!
                          And know what they ate for dinner or on the ride over... Yep!! ::::::

Comment

And know what they ate for dinner or on the ride over... Yep!! ::::::
                            I've enjoyed this conversation lots today but I need to empty my bladder before entering such things that bring so much laughter in the future::::::::

Comment

I've enjoyed this conversation lots today but I need to empty my bladder before entering such things that bring so much laughter in the future::::::::
                              :::::: Reg change season is always super fun.

I am curious how other states compare and contrast, though. How other people are making some of this this work.

I put so much time, money and effort into making the playroom into a self contained, childproofed, classroom like they wanted and now they seem to be trying to force me back out of it and into the kitchen/bathroom with kids in tow. A complete 180.

Comment

Working...
                              X