Can I Ask Parents This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Ask Parents This?

During the initial shut down of things in March I cut my availability. My one family, my neighbors a couple homes down said they were looking into Daycare, a center. I told them in person that I will not take their child here any days at all if she goes to a daycare center some days and here the others. I just don't want her coming with all her "allergies" and "teething" kids get from large centers. As things stabilized here I offered more days back to them and they declined. I know they both work 5 days a week. Soooo, where is dcg going the days she's not here? I think it's a daycare. I can't be 100% sure but my gut tells me she's in a center. How do I ask the parents if she goes to daycare? Can I ask? She came here with "allergies" yesterday 😔

I forgot to add that dcg has been talking about her teachers. Her "teachers" would be from her maybe daycare? I know I sound crazy but I did specifically say that dcg could not come here if she attended a daycare center.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
      During the initial shut down of things in March I cut my availability. My one family, my neighbors a couple homes down said they were looking into Daycare, a center. I told them in person that I will not take their child here any days at all if she goes to a daycare center some days and here the others. I just don't want her coming with all her "allergies" and "teething" kids get from large centers. As things stabilized here I offered more days back to them and they declined. I know they both work 5 days a week. Soooo, where is dcg going the days she's not here? I think it's a daycare. I can't be 100% sure but my gut tells me she's in a center. How do I ask the parents if she goes to daycare? Can I ask? She came here with "allergies" yesterday 😔
      I would ask! It's your business and if you told them that their child cannot attend if they went somewhere else, then you have a right to know.

I would just be blunt and ask them where dcg goes when she's not with you. In todays world, it's not an unreasonable thing to ask at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryRoads View Post
        I would ask! It's your business and if you told them that their child cannot attend if they went somewhere else, then you have a right to know.

I would just be blunt and ask them where dcg goes when she's not with you. In todays world, it's not an unreasonable thing to ask at all.
        I was thinking something like this......" Just checking in again as fall approaches to see if you want to add Suzy on a day? Also, Suzy keeps talking about her teachers? Is Suzy in daycare?
        Or, should I just be blunt and ask?

Comment

I was thinking something like this......" Just checking in again as fall approaches to see if you want to add Suzy on a day? Also, Suzy keeps talking about her teachers? Is Suzy in daycare?
          Or, should I just be blunt and ask?
          I like that way of bringing it up - asking if they want to add a day. It doesn't sound accusatory and you should get the answer you need! I would just be prepared with a response if they say that she is in a center.

Comment

I like that way of bringing it up - asking if they want to add a day. It doesn't sound accusatory and you should get the answer you need! I would just be prepared with a response if they say that she is in a center.
            I actually just texted and asked bluntly if she goes to daycare the days she's not

Comment

I actually just texted and asked bluntly if she goes to daycare the days she's not
              Oh, good! I'm glad you got the answer you need! Do you believe her, though? Lol I've got some parents that would definitely lie about that if they knew they were in the wrong.

Comment

Oh, good! I'm glad you got the answer you need! Do you believe her, though? Lol I've got some parents that would definitely lie about that if they knew they were in the wrong.
                I said that wrong in my last post. What I meant to say was that I texted mom and bluntly asked if daycare girl is going to daycare the days she's not coming here.

Mom hasn't responded yet.

Comment

I would aquire the teacher's name from kid and ask parent "she keeps talking about X, sounds like she has fun" and see how the convo goes or her face.

Or
                  "I noticed you work 5 days a week but she isn't here
                  Who is watching her?"

As a home provider you can tell them-make sure you can reference in your handbook, if not revise it and get a signature- if you feel they are exposing themselves (that sounds wrong) you cannot have it in your home and it is grounds for termination.

I have neighbors in front of me with a little and I introduced myself and they are interested in my 2 hour program...but I have seen people coming to their house a couple of times all unmasked. I will be addressing that when|if they contact for care.

Comment

I like bringing this stuff up face to face as it gives them less time to think of a response!

I would have said “sally keeps talking about her teachers at daycare, is she in daycare?” and see what mom says. Then term on the spot!

I actually found out that a family was leaving because the kid told me they went to a new school and she was going to be starting a new school soon. It is hilarious that parents think kids won’t tell us

Comment

I also like to gauge reactions in person vs text. You can lie through text so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                        I like bringing this stuff up face to face as it gives them less time to think of a response!

I would have said “sally keeps talking about her teachers at daycare, is she in daycare?” and see what mom says. Then term on the spot!

I actually found out that a family was leaving because the kid told me they went to a new school and she was going to be starting a new school soon. It is hilarious that parents think kids won’t tell us
                        I didn't think of actually seeing their response in person if asked. I texted both parents and have yet to hear a response.

Comment

Update, I got the word. She goes to a daycare center.

Comment

In light of COVID I would trust my instincts and logic and simplY require 5 days a week attendance or bail and let them go.

They sound like a selfish and risky family.

This pandemic is stressful enough as it.
                            If your instincts are talking I’d listen

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              In light of COVID I would trust my instincts and logic and simplY require 5 days a week attendance or bail and let them go.

They sound like a selfish and risky family.

This pandemic is stressful enough as it.
                              If your instincts are talking I’d listen
                              I termed them.

Comment

Working...
                              X