What Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Reading?

According to researchers at the Mindlab International at the University of Sussex, reading for just six minutes can help reduce stress levels by up to 68 percent.

The study found that participants who read after having their stress elevated became more relaxed than participants who tried other stress relievers, like walking or listening to music.

So, to that end, what are you reading? :hug:
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

It's a pretty odd mix. Fiction tends to be Louis L'amour westerns or historical fiction. I like simple escapist quick reads. Otherwise it tends to be how to. Last couple have been Jet Tila's cookbooks and a book detailing Bob Loveless's (knifemaking legend) methods and techniques.

Comment

I read every night.
      I'm going through my Stephen King collection again. Currently reading The Dome.

Comment

I just started “The Boy From the Woods” by Harlan Coben. I’ve been listening to my books on Audible, so I can knit at the same time.

Comment

I read on here!

Comment

Outlander, book 6.

I'm going to grab Stephen King's early release, too.

Reading is my stress reliever for sure!

Comment

The Killer Across The Table - John Douglas
              The Billionaire Murders - Kevin Donovan

I frequently read several books simultaneously!

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                Outlander, book 6.

I'm going to grab Stephen King's early release, too.

Reading is my stress reliever for sure!
                I loved the Outlander series, but can't stand Stephen King. ::

I started re-reading the J.D. Robb "In Death" series in November. I've read them all already, but don't remember all of the details - including who the murderer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post
                  I read every night.
                  I'm going through my Stephen King collection again. Currently reading The Dome.
                  I read all the time and until the local library closed, I was there every week getting my armful for the week. Now I'm a little lost rereading many of my books on the shelf. Good thing I have quite a collection.
                  I loved The Dome!

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
                  I just started “The Boy From the Woods” by Harlan Coben. I’ve been listening to my books on Audible, so I can knit at the same time.
                  Is that a good book? He's one of my favorite authors and I haven't read that one yet.

ATM I'm reading Courting Trouble by Lisa Scottoline. Like her a lot too.

I was going through the library's collection of James Patterson; seems I'd never read any of his before. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                    I read all the time and until the local library closed, I was there every week getting my armful for the week. Now I'm a little lost rereading many of my books on the shelf. Good thing I have quite a collection. I loved The Dome!
                    Did you ever get your new cell phone? If so, you might be able to borrow books from your library using the OverDrive app. You could also get the Kindle app for your phone and download free books from Amazon. I joined BookBub and they send me a list of low cost and free books every day that I can download.

I haven't used the OverDrive app yet so I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to use but the Kindle app is very easy. I would imagine OverDrive is probably similar. I'm tech-challenged, too, but was able to figure it out so I bet you could, too!

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
                      Did you ever get your new cell phone? If so, you might be able to borrow books from your library using the OverDrive app. You could also get the Kindle app for your phone and download free books from Amazon. I joined BookBub and they send me a list of low cost and free books every day that I can download.

I haven't used the OverDrive app yet so I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to use but the Kindle app is very easy. I would imagine OverDrive is probably similar. I'm tech-challenged, too, but was able to figure it out so I bet you could, too!
                      Not yet. Mine is still hanging in there which I can't believe. Procrastination is my middle name. But thank you for that info; I might need it sooner than later.

Comment

I am reading "Silent Warfare" by Abram Shulsky and Gary Schmitt. l needed a change of topic. Badly. :::: I am really enjoying it, interesting.
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post

Is that a good book? He's one of my favorite authors and I haven't read that one yet.
                          So far it’s good! I really liked ‘Run Away’ by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                            I am reading "Silent Warfare" by Abram Shulsky and Gary Schmitt. l needed a change of topic. Badly. :::: I am really enjoying it, interesting.
                            Ah this is my kind of book! I am going to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                              Ah this is my kind of book! I am going to look into it.
                              I also got the book amazon suggested based on my interest in it. That is the one I will probably be able to start by Friday night. - "Fair Play" by James Olson.

Comment

Working...
                              X