Grr...Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post

I know I can forget to inform parents that their kid needs more diapers. Because of that, I send "an SMS" on the last diaper a kid has on. I just write on it by a permanent marker: "Mom, I need more diapers." It works pretty well and parents always smile and say to me: OK, we got your SMS.
    :: I do that too. A big bold "Last Diaper" on the front.

Comment

@Josiegirl: I watch the children while the lead takes the children 2 at a time to the potty. We have a house that's been converted into a daycare and a gym and both of the buildings have bathrooms and the bathroom in the house is in the classroom

Comment

Had a dropoff today with "They haven't had an accident in two days, so they're in underpants." The parent was horrified when I said, "Sure, we can try that, but if they have an accident here they'll need to wear pull-ups again until they've been accident-free here for a week." The parent feels that will set them back. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but if they have an accident here, they aren't potty trained!

And the kid soiled themselves 15 minutes after dropoff. Undies are in a plastic bag and I'm hoping all adults involved can stay classy about this.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
          In my home daycare, That would mean being in the bathroom ALL day. Figure 10 kids x 3 minutes to get them in the bathroom, wash their hands, etc. -it would mean by the time I got to the last one, I’d be starting over.
          Plus wouldn’t it be really NOT potty training since they wouldn’t even get the feeling of having to go pee since they go so much?
          it will happen only if all of them are in the process of potty training. Usually, it is one-two-three of them at a time.
          Right now I have four kids in the process of PT. Each of them has own potty and they use it in front of my bathroom. So, I can send them to the potties at the same time. Those kids are under 2yo.
          the other eight are potty-trained and don't need any of my help. Two youngest of them are 2.10

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
            Had a dropoff today with "They haven't had an accident in two days, so they're in underpants." The parent was horrified when I said, "Sure, we can try that, but if they have an accident here they'll need to wear pull-ups again until they've been accident-free here for a week." The parent feels that will set them back. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but if they have an accident here, they aren't potty trained!

And the kid soiled themselves 15 minutes after dropoff. Undies are in a plastic bag and I'm hoping all adults involved can stay classy about this.
            Ugh tell the parent they can come clean up the mess and pay for your carpet cleaning an or rug.

Comment

I would state your potty training policy and that they need to follow it. Call for pickup after the diapers run out and let them know that you are calling emergency contacts if they don't arrive within 1 hour.

Comment

OP, how do you not have a record of what you texted?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Call for pick up when a third is needed.
                  I have a "disposable supply fee" in my policies. If a parent doesn't bring diapers or wipes I'll use some from my stash and charge per item. I don't recall the amount off the top of my head but it's big enough to be a deterrent.

Comment

Working...
                  X