No announcement yet.

Parent Brought Toddler in Underwear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went through two terrible ordeals with parents who told me their child was "not allowed to wear diapers or pullups at daycare" because they wanted them PT'd. But parents regularly brought them in diapers and insisted they be put in diapers before going home. Made no effort at home.

Nope.

Now my contract says parents must potty train. Children may only wear underwear at daycare if they have gone 1 week at home without accidents. Child goes back into diapers at daycare if there are accidents. I encourage parents to take a week off or a long weekend to potty-train. And if it does't happen, then child isn't ready.

Comment

I had a parent do this to me last year. Boy came Monday morning dad informed me they started potty training and he was doing "well" in him underwear. I reminded him of my policies and said that until he was staying dry for at least a couple of weeks for sanitary reasons he needed to be in pull ups. He said ok but I think he didn't like it, I asked if he had pooped in the potty yet and he said no we haven't got that far, I said that's another issue, changing poopy underwear is a mess.I think they were hoping but we did pullups and what do you know, he wasn't ready at all, and mom actually said he was having accidents at home, I think they realized that he wasn't ready, about 6 months later, it clicked and he potty trained piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
      X