Nannyde?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's Iowa's center one:

Mattresses should fit snugly in the crib and allow for no more than two fingers to fit between the mattress and the crib side. The top of the mattress to the top of the crib rail should be at least 36 inches. Cribs should have no corner post that exceeds 1/16 of an inch, and the headboard should have no cutouts.

As if they ever made them that deep.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
      Here's Iowa's center one:

Mattresses should fit snugly in the crib and allow for no more than two fingers to fit between the mattress and the crib side. The top of the mattress to the top of the crib rail should be at least 36 inches. Cribs should have no corner post that exceeds 1/16 of an inch, and the headboard should have no cutouts.

36 Inches Deep? Seriously how are you suppose to get an infant in and out safely with it being so deep??

Comment

Here in Mi we received notice that the drop sides are no longer being made and that we have till 12/2112 to go to stationary sides.
        The top of the mattress to the top of the crib rail should be at least 36 inches.

Ok, if I read all this right, no more drop sides and the sides need to be 36 inches deep. Some peoples arms aren't 36 inches long. Get a ladder and climb on in with a baby in your arms?! How you going to pick up the baby?

Cribs should have no corner post that exceeds 1/16 of an inch, and the headboard should have no cutouts.
        My cribs are the small wood ones but have spindles on all four sides. Does this mean they aren't to be used? Are they considered cutouts?
        I see little people.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
          Here in Mi we received notice that the drop sides are no longer being made and that we have till 12/2112 to go to stationary sides.
          (bolding mine)

...assuming you typed that date right, you have NOTHING to worry about! :::: Talk about planning ahead, huh?
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            Yes, MN can still use PNP's but I did get a hold of someone in licensing department from the State and the woman said infants (under 12 months) may NOT sleep in mesh sided PNP's. They must be in a basinet/crib/cradle. I asked about the inserts for PNP's that are for infants and she said it hasn't been addressed yet so she says there is no rule saying no to that and no rule saying yes either. :confused: But she was very clear about the fact that they cannot sleep in a mesh sided PNP (without that infant insert thing.) Do they even make PNP's with out mesh on atleast two sides?
            When did this change? My last home visit I had two infants and one toddler all sleeping in PNP's and I was told that I didn't need the variance anymore to use mesh sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Autismworld View Post
              36 Inches Deep? Seriously how are you suppose to get an infant in and out safely with it being so deep??
              I've never seen that in my 31 years. I don't think they have been made even with drop sides.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Yes, MN can still use PNP's but I did get a hold of someone in licensing department from the State and the woman said infants (under 12 months) may NOT sleep in mesh sided PNP's. They must be in a basinet/crib/cradle. I asked about the inserts for PNP's that are for infants and she said it hasn't been addressed yet so she says there is no rule saying no to that and no rule saying yes either. :confused: But she was very clear about the fact that they cannot sleep in a mesh sided PNP (without that infant insert thing.) Do they even make PNP's with out mesh on atleast two sides?
                See?? :: I guess I will just continue to use my pnp's until they tell me I can't...

Comment

Good thing I'm not being graded on this! 2012
                  I see little people.

Comment

When did this change? My last home visit I had two infants and one toddler all sleeping in PNP's and I was told that I didn't need the variance anymore to use mesh sided.
                    I don't think it changed I think it is all in the individual interpretation by each county. I copied and pasted below the words from the MN state licensing rules. Also, toddlers (12 months and up) can sleep in mesh sided PNP's just not infants according to the regs.

Subp. 9 Infant and newborn sleeping space.There must be a safe, comfortable sleeping space for each infant and newborn. A crib, portable crib, or playpen with waterproof mattress or pad must be provided for each infant or newborn in care. The equipment must be of safe and sturdy construction that conforms to volume 16, parts 1508 to 1508.7 and parts 1509 to 1509.9 of the Code of Federal Regulations, its successor, or have a bar or rail pattern such that a 2-3/8 inch diameter sphere cannot pass through. Playpens with mesh sidings must not be used for the care or sleeping of infants or newborns.

Comment

I talked to my licensor, I am in MN. Although the statute has not said they are banned yet, my licensor said that it is to come and they are telling everyone to get the drop side cribs replaced with standard ones.

Today I ordered a crib http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-On-M...resso/13278319
                      It is smaller than standard and folds up. It was $100 and will be here in 1 week.

I would rather be safe and prepared than hang on to a crib that could be dangerous.
                      I have lots of pnps but infants cannot go in them I am not sure what the rules are for those that only use pnps.

Plus the new crib is a tax write off!!

Comment

Originally posted by MommyMuffin View Post
                        I talked to my licensor, I am in MN. Although the statute has not said they are banned yet, my licensor said that it is to come and they are telling everyone to get the drop side cribs replaced with standard ones.

Today I ordered a crib http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-On-M...resso/13278319
                        It is smaller than standard and folds up. It was $100 and will be here in 1 week.

I would rather be safe and prepared than hang on to a crib that could be dangerous.
                        I have lots of pnps but infants cannot go in them I am not sure what the rules are for those that only use pnps.

Plus the new crib is a tax write off!!
                        Is this crib pad/mattress the same size as a PNP... meaning, will it use the same sized sheets??

Comment

here is a link to Title 16 of the Code of Federal Regulations as referenced in the MN code.

Comment

Not sure about the size of the mattress, but I bought the mattress made for them for $25, because it only comes with a 1" matress and that is not enough according to regs.
                            I havent been open a year yet and wanted to purchase dc items anyways and this being small is really nice and if I have to buy special sheets I sure will beacuse I will use it for a long time.

When it comes next week I will let you know about the sheets.
                            I love buying DC items!!! yipee.

Comment

Originally posted by MommyMuffin View Post
                              Not sure about the size of the mattress, but I bought the mattress made for them for $25, because it only comes with a 1" matress and that is not enough according to regs.
                              I havent been open a year yet and wanted to purchase dc items anyways and this being small is really nice and if I have to buy special sheets I sure will beacuse I will use it for a long time.

When it comes next week I will let you know about the sheets.
                              I love buying DC items!!! yipee.
                              I'm not seeing anything in the regs that state that the mattress needs to be more than 1". I seen something that stated the mattress pad can be no more than 1" thick? Also seen measurement guidelines for measuring from top of mattress to top rails etc... but can't find where it says anything about the mattress being more than an inch thick... can you copy and paste or something for me??

Comment

I'm not seeing anything in the regs that state that the mattress needs to be more than 1". I seen something that stated the mattress pad can be no more than 1" thick? Also seen measurement guidelines for measuring from top of mattress to top rails etc... but can't find where it says anything about the mattress being more than an inch thick... can you copy and paste or something for me??
                                You are right, I just checked and it is not a rule. I never actually looked it up until now, it is something I heard from another provider and just thought it was true. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X