No announcement yet.

3 Yr Old Refuses to Clean Up For Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah free preschool claims another child. At least in this case it’s not one you’re sad to see go.

As for the different states having different rules thing it completely baffles me. I am pretty sure I would be okay with what I advised here. I don’t have the entire manual memorized but food cannot be withheld so long as it’s offered I believe you are good. The wording here is withholding food can’t be used as punishment but (to my knowledge.. it’s late and I’m not looking it up) doesn’t say anything about rewards. It doesn’t go into specifics on when a child is considered old enough to be able to make choices. Of course two different licensors can read the same rule and both have their own interpretation of it. You gotta “know your audience” if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by storybookending View Post
      Ah free preschool claims another child. At least in this case it’s not one you’re sad to see go.
      I am sad to see him go in a way, but It absolutely needs to happen.

Mom messaged and said he will be starting preschool on the 27th of this month,and will be attending there M-Th (Remember he was only here two days a week...)
      She asked if we could still take him on Friday's, even though I have already told her we do not do one day a week.
      Our contract states that any change in days needs to be given a two weeks notice, so she would be required to pay the two days a week for the next two weeks anyway.

I gave her two options.
      1) Attend two days a week for the next two weeks, then do two weeks notice for terminating the contract. (so 6 more days total)
      2)Give two weeks notice for terminating contract now (4 more days total)
      She told me she didn't understand and asked why I wouldn't let her come one day because she "has no other option" (No other option for Friday apparently... since she obviously has another option for the other 4 days of the week :P)
      I just said "I'm sorry, we don't offer one day a week." and let her know I could give her some other numbers if she's just looking for daycare on Friday's.

She hasn't responded since mid Friday. Payment was due Friday evening. Nothing. Guess they're not coming back :P

Comment

Could the option of attending only one day but paying for 2 be given?

I don't know that it would help or hurt the issue you are having with the child but since he'd be attending preschool the other 4 days a week, he'll more than likely learn to clean up within a group.

But either way, just curious if you've heard back from parent at all yet or if paying 2 days but attending only 1 wouldn't be an option to consider.

I have one family who's child snags one day a week here when someone else is off (different day each week) but I have a 3 day min so the parent pays the 3 days just to get the one day but it was their choice. I only offered to seem nice/flexible thinking easy money but they wont take it. Imagine my surprise when they did. So win win for me I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          Could the option of attending only one day but paying for 2 be given?

I don't know that it would help or hurt the issue you are having with the child but since he'd be attending preschool the other 4 days a week, he'll more than likely learn to clean up within a group.

But either way, just curious if you've heard back from parent at all yet or if paying 2 days but attending only 1 wouldn't be an option to consider.

I have one family who's child snags one day a week here when someone else is off (different day each week) but I have a 3 day min so the parent pays the 3 days just to get the one day but it was their choice. I only offered to seem nice/flexible thinking easy money but they wont take it. Imagine my surprise when they did. So win win for me I guess.
          We have a 3 day minimum as well, with VERY rare 2 day openings. Not about the money, but more about the routine. She was on a two day per week contract under the impression that it was going to be temporary until school started again (next week)

We are a preschool, he knows how to clean up. He did perfectly fine from the day he started. Cleans up everything else except RIGHT before lunch.

No payment or communication from mom. And THIS is why I require a 2 week deposit now :P

Comment

Originally posted by Pandaluver21 View Post
            We have a 3 day minimum as well, with VERY rare 2 day openings. Not about the money, but more about the routine. She was on a two day per week contract under the impression that it was going to be temporary until school started again (next week)

We are a preschool, he knows how to clean up. He did perfectly fine from the day he started. Cleans up everything else except RIGHT before lunch.

No payment or communication from mom. And THIS is why I require a 2 week deposit now :P
            That sucks sorry that happened. :hug:

Comment

So guess who came for drop-off today

Comment

So guess who came for drop-off today
                Did she pay?
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                  Did she pay?
                  Nope, which is why assumed she wasn't coming, that and that she never told me what she was planning on doing.

She messaged on brightwheel about 10 minutes before drop off that she was on her way.

When she showed up I told her I wasn't expecting her and she said "well I have two weeks still don't I?!"

Comment

Nope, which is why assumed she wasn't coming, that and that she never told me what she was planning on doing.

She messaged on brightwheel about 10 minutes before drop off that she was on her way.

When she showed up I told her I wasn't expecting her and she said "well I have two weeks still don't I?!"
                    Not two free weeks though. Parents

Comment

Due to lack of payment alone, in my contract it's an automatic term. The fact of no contact is 2nd reason, automatic term

Comment

How did she take being turned away at the door?

It is good for her to get a dose of no before she gets to public school.
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post
                          Not two free weeks though. Parents
                          Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
                          Due to lack of payment alone, in my contract it's an automatic term. The fact of no contact is 2nd reason, automatic term
                          Technically she already paid for her "last two weeks" since we require a 2 week deposit at enrollment.

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                          How did she take being turned away at the door?

It is good for her to get a dose of no before she gets to public school.
                          She almost cried, asked if he could come Friday, and said "But I did let you know!" (she was referring to the message 10 minutes before dropping off)

I believe what happened is she planned on not bring him back, then when she couldn't find anything else decided to just stop in. She said "well I still have to work today!" (she doesn't work on Tuesdays) and said she could pick him up after lunch...

Comment

Administrator

Agreed

Comment

His last day was Friday. No call, no show.
                              A little sad I didn't get to say goodbye (to the kid) and sad that it ended this way... but no more drama! happyface

Comment

Working...
                              X