X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample plans start on page 61

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
      Not a composting toilet. A chemical toilet. Or....a bucket lined with trash bags with a seat. Composting toilets need a lot of care.

Sheet plastic
      Duct tape
      Scissors

Under bed storage containers are great for food and water. Get a case of self heating MREs. Each MRE is 2000 calories and will feed several kids. I’d have one per day per child since each one would easily feed 4 kids a meal. Ready to feed infant formula or the individual tubes of powder. Make sure first aid kit is well stocked. A pack of diapers in each of 3 sizes....3,5, 7 or 2,4, 6Kids can wear larger but not smaller.
      Along with tubes of formula powder, I have 18 self heating MRE's in my stock along with many small pouches of freeze dried fruit & veg. I can make soups/sides with the veg & use the fruit as they are for snacks without rehydrating.

Comment

I found that the best tasting brand of easy prepared/stored emergency food is Mountain House, so far. The kids will actually eat it.

Hands down kid favorite for ice storm power outages (over two weeks last year, here): https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mh-bre...lp_product_1_2
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          https://oregonearlylearning.com/wp-c...ant-Manual.pdf

It says Child Care Providers....reading through it, they address both family child cares and centers.

I am assuming your regulations are just being updated (from 2012) but this book was the first thing that popped up when I searched for your state and emergency preparedness plans for FCC...
          Yes, it is just now becoming mandatory for us to have these plans. They probably had it on there for who knows what as it's actually documents for Louisiana childcares and centers.

I will look it over though and see what I can find till ours becomes official.

Thank you!!!
          Each day is a fresh start
          Never look back on regrets
          Live life to the fullest
          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
            I found that the best tasting brand of easy prepared/stored emergency food is Mountain House, so far. The kids will actually eat it.

Hands down kid favorite for ice storm power outages (over two weeks last year, here): https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mh-bre...lp_product_1_2
            Oh, I have a few MT House too ... I found a set on Amazon as a trial when I was checking out freeze dried camp food... it's how I came across this sampler. Tastes good when rehydrated as I tried a few of the pouches and I have a set of fruit & veg from another supplier. The fact it came in an easy open bucket didn't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
              Yes, it is just now becoming mandatory for us to have these plans. They probably had it on there for who knows what as it's actually documents for Louisiana childcares and centers.

I will look it over though and see what I can find till ours becomes official.

Thank you!!!
              Hmm, wonder if it differs by county? I asked a provider friend (Multnomah county) hoping to get some resources for you and she said she's been required to do this since 2010.

She sent me these links and said as of 2017, these are current.

If you scroll down to DOWNLOADS (under RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES & CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS) you can find the workbook and participant manual.
              She said there are also alot of sample forms and step by step instructions that literally spell out what to have included in your plan.

Hopefully that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Hmm, wonder if it differs by county? I asked a provider friend (Multnomah county) hoping to get some resources for you and she said she's been required to do this since 2010.

She sent me these links and said as of 2017, these are current.

If you scroll down to DOWNLOADS (under RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES & CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS) you can find the workbook and participant manual.
                She said there are also alot of sample forms and step by step instructions that literally spell out what to have included in your plan.

Hopefully that helps!
                No wouldn't be by county so not sure why she has had to do it since 2010?

They are rolling it out Sept. 31, 2018 according to everything I have read in emails, classes and then the training I just took this last weekend.

It could be to what she works in-head start, or a state funded childcare.

All the providers that I have seen post on fb from around the state are gearing up for this coming into effect in Sept.

Thank you though for all the downloads and that! Will have lots and lots of reading to do
                Each day is a fresh start
                Never look back on regrets
                Live life to the fullest
                We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

I have prepared what the state requires but in the event I have an emergency, I doubt I pick up that form and actually see what step 1, 2 or 3 are. I tell my parents when they sign the emergency preparedness form emergency management approved to put in their file that my primary goal is to keep the children safe! If it's a tornado, earthquake (yes I had to make plans for an earthquack), intruder or whatever, I tell them I will act in the best interest of the children. We do practice drills but I really don't know how I will react if some of these things really happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                    I have prepared what the state requires but in the event I have an emergency, I doubt I pick up that form and actually see what step 1, 2 or 3 are. I tell my parents when they sign the emergency preparedness form emergency management approved to put in their file that my primary goal is to keep the children safe! If it's a tornado, earthquake (yes I had to make plans for an earthquack), intruder or whatever, I tell them I will act in the best interest of the children. We do practice drills but I really don't know how I will react if some of these things really happen.
                    Exactly; I had no clue I would literally have less than 30 minutes to get babes out of my home due to extreme flooding in 2011 (AR)... the water was nothing one minute & coming in the front door 20 minutes after (my house stood 2.5 ft off ground due to crawl space) & thankfully the back went uphill which saved us; not to mention immediate evacuation 48 hrs later due to a gas leak when they turned pipes back on.

Comment

Working...
                    X