Emergency Supply List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Supply List

Took the emergency procedure class and now starting to put together the supply lists, procedures, etc. By the end of this they said our binders will likely be 5 inches big so buy a huge binder.

We need a supplies incase of having to in place shelter for 3 days, leave immediately, be able to in place for 3 days with windows, doors, air vents, etc covered, lock down/lock in, you name it we need supplies for it.

I do know I will need to find a place to store 30 gallans of water somewhere in my house (not the garage), find an area to store food, a tub for supplies to cover windows, doors, vents and a tub for in place shelter.

Also going to figure out a composting toilet in case we are unable to use the toilets.

So what supplies do you have, where do you store it and how do you store certain supplies in your daycare area? Looking for ideas in case I miss something
    Each day is a fresh start
    Never look back on regrets
    Live life to the fullest
    We only get one shot at this!!

Not a composting toilet. A chemical toilet. Or....a bucket lined with trash bags with a seat. Composting toilets need a lot of care.

Sheet plastic
    Duct tape
    Scissors

Under bed storage containers are great for food and water. Get a case of self heating MREs. Each MRE is 2000 calories and will feed several kids. I’d have one per day per child since each one would easily feed 4 kids a meal. Ready to feed infant formula or the individual tubes of powder. Make sure first aid kit is well stocked. A pack of diapers in each of 3 sizes....3,5, 7 or 2,4, 6Kids can wear larger but not smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
      Took the emergency procedure class and now starting to put together the supply lists, procedures, etc. By the end of this they said our binders will likely be 5 inches big so buy a huge binder.

We need a supplies incase of having to in place shelter for 3 days, leave immediately, be able to in place for 3 days with windows, doors, air vents, etc covered, lock down/lock in, you name it we need supplies for it.

I do know I will need to find a place to store 30 gallans of water somewhere in my house (not the garage), find an area to store food, a tub for supplies to cover windows, doors, vents and a tub for in place shelter.

Also going to figure out a composting toilet in case we are unable to use the toilets.

So what supplies do you have, where do you store it and how do you store certain supplies in your daycare area? Looking for ideas in case I miss something
      I have a tote with blankets, bottled water, canned food, small first aid kit, flashlight, etc. There are totes with wheels I wish I had gotten but haven't yet!

Comment

We are required to have an Emergency Preparedness Plan in place as well but we aren't required to have such an extensive one. Just reading through the manual for EP for your state was exhausting.... ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          We are required to have an Emergency Preparedness Plan in place as well but we aren't required to have such an extensive one. Just reading through the manual for EP for your state was exhausting.... ::
          Same here, and we have to have the local emergency management director come out and sign off on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
            Same here, and we have to have the local emergency management director come out and sign off on it!
            I'd check their website. My bet is they have sample templates available already.

I keep empty 5 gallon buckets to fill from the river in my yard for flushing. Don't need power to flush, just water. Any water will work. I generally fill bathtubs for that when I think there may be a short term power outage.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
              I'd check their website. My bet is they have sample templates available already.

I keep empty 5 gallon buckets to fill from the river in my yard for flushing. Don't need power to flush, just water. Any water will work. I generally fill bathtubs for that when I think there may be a short term power outage.
              This tote with supplies is for when we are forced to leave the premises (chemical spill, flooding, etc.) We have to provide an address at least 3 miles away and give the info to parents so they know where to find the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                This tote with supplies is for when we are forced to leave the premises (chemical spill, flooding, etc.) We have to provide an address at least 3 miles away and give the info to parents so they know where to find the kids.
                I use the local fire dept and keep my supplies in my truck.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                  I use the local fire dept and keep my supplies in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    That isn't even for childcare as it hasn't been released yet so imagine what our lusts will look like-Sept is when we have to have everything ready to go. We are just now putting together the lists for childcare.

Sadly with new state requirements and now this many providers are rethinking about staying in the field.

Parents even have to now be involved in our drills, along with neighbors and businesses.
                    Live life to the fullest

Comment

Our own county has no emergency preparedness plan that we can even pull from. We may have to have a committee of providers to work with them to help plan for emergencies.
                      Live life to the fullest

Comment

Our own county has no emergency preparedness plan that we can even pull from. We may have to have a committee of providers to work with them to help plan for emergencies.
                        These should help. :hug: https://emilms.fema.gov/is36/assets/EAP_Sample.pdf

And this course is awesome.

Comment

What state are you in?

Comment

Thank you!!!

I will check it out a bit more during rest time.

We have to have a plan for each type of emergency that has a med - high possibility in our area.

This weekend we worked on templates that will be downloaded and when the whole project is done we can go in, download and tweak for our childcare.

If something though is not on the list we have do come up with the plan ourselves. Now that i have helped to put one together at least I have an idea where the ones that weren't at the class won't have any idea of what to do.
                            Live life to the fullest

Comment

That isn't even for childcare as it hasn't been released yet so imagine what our lusts will look like-Sept is when we have to have everything ready to go. We are just now putting together the lists for childcare.

Sadly with new state requirements and now this many providers are rethinking about staying in the field.

Parents even have to now be involved in our drills, along with neighbors and businesses.

It says Child Care Providers....reading through it, they address both family child cares and centers.

I am assuming your regulations are just being updated (from 2012) but this book was the first thing that popped up when I searched for your state and emergency preparedness plans for FCC...

Comment

Working...
                              X