Time Off This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Off This Summer

I've handed out a list of early closures and days off for the summer, just Memorial Day and 4th of July. But it looks like there is a week in July where I'll only have 1-2 dcks, at least as it stands now. Is it terrible to change my plans to include a 4 day weekend? Say something to take away the guilt.

That's 3 months notice. You can definitely change plans without feeling bad at all. You know they wouldn't think twice about changing on you

Comment

Do it! It's only a long weekend and they still have plenty of notice! And only two days off during the summer?! Yeah, don't even think twice about it I'm taking two WEEKS in May, 1 week in July, 1week in August plus holidays. I don't even feel guilty anymore, we only get so much nice weather .

Comment

Do it girl! Did you decide on if you were going to take the SA kiddos or not?

Comment

Originally posted by storybookending View Post
          Do it girl! Did you decide on if you were going to take the SA kiddos or not?
          Good memory I offered summer spots to the easier set of sibs and dcm said both grandmas retired so they don't need me anymore. And I told the very challenging set of sibs' mom I didn't have the spots due to insurance limits(can only have 6 at any given time). I kind of fibbed. I'm only going to have 4 this summer which will be a much needed break but $$$ will be skimpy. Those 2 were such a bad fit, especially without the other 2 SA dcks.

Thanks everybody. I know I shouldn't feel guilty; it must be a carry-over feeling from a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
            dcm said both grandmas retired so they don't need me anymore.
            Poor Gma's. Hope they were consulted first before they were pressured or guilted into this. :dislike:

Definitely take some time off where you can. Enjoy it.

I'm regretting not closing for spring break this year with the schools. All DCK's off schedule, 1 have only seen GParents for six days with no parent communication, most last minute drops, all last second pick-ups, all whining, over tired, clingy hot messes. Yay.

No guilt. :hug:
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Take the time off.You deserve a break ,and parents would not think twice about taking time when they want.I aam a believer of vacation for providers.Sometimes it felt like my taking two weeks (paid)vacation forced parents to plan time with their children.I took 1 week in July and 1 week August every parent figured out a plan.I never lost a family because I took paid time off.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                Good memory I offered summer spots to the easier set of sibs and dcm said both grandmas retired so they don't need me anymore. And I told the very challenging set of sibs' mom I didn't have the spots due to insurance limits(can only have 6 at any given time). I kind of fibbed. I'm only going to have 4 this summer which will be a much needed break but $$$ will be skimpy. Those 2 were such a bad fit, especially without the other 2 SA dcks.

Thanks everybody. I know I shouldn't feel guilty; it must be a carry-over feeling from a long time ago.
                SA age are the worst. I told a mom of a current dcg that I could not take her older child and having him 3 days of spring break and also today because of a snow day I do not regret this decision. I do feel a little bad because saying no to him also meant saying no to an older sister of a current dcb that really really wants to come here. I couldn’t say yes to one and not the other. I held a space or two, depending on ages, open since January waiting for for the right family. It was a pay cut for awhile but I’ve filled one of the spaces as of yesterday with a family that I think is going to be great and hopefully keep me in business for awhile without having to take on new clients as they plan to have more kids.

Comment

I would! That's plenty of notice!

Comment

Always. YES!!!

Comment

Take the time off. You will never regret closing but may regret staying open.

Comment

I’m taking the entire summer off.... some things are worth the inconvenience to others.

Comment

Josie posted this last April so summer has come and gone

But curious... did you end up taking the extra time off?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            Josie posted this last April so summer has come and gone

But curious... did you end up taking the extra time off?
                            Haha! I did.

Comment

I know that I need some time off--I wouldn't be able to do this job without some rest breaks.

I try to give 30 days notice, but sometimes I've had to only give two weeks notice for a hard-to-get doctor appointment.

But I take all fed holidays off and three other weeks a year. I don't charge for those though. (I know most people do charge for days off though).

Comment

Working...
                              X