X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    Is that a regulation where you are?

That would get me a violation citation.
    Same here.... it's considered "forcing" and we are not allowed to force a child to do anything.

We can encourage but not force.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      Is that a regulation where you are?

That would get me a violation citation.
      take a taste as in put it on their plate and in their cup, not their mouths

Comment

I always put milk in their cup at each meal/snack, and it's always the same thing, I don't want milk I want water, I leave it in there for a bit but most will start complaining they want water so I dump the milk and give them water, is that ok or do I have to give them another cup with milk?

Comment

Thus, if they are required to pour a little bit of milk in their cup anyway, and either method will result in exactly the same amount of milk being dumped down the sink, why bother dirtying another dish?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            Same here.... it's considered "forcing" and we are not allowed to force a child to do anything.

We can encourage but not force.
            It is one of those things that get newer providers in trouble around here. Most are not told it is no longer allowed until they get cited for it, it is assumed they already know (most learned it from their own childcare providers). Once upon a time it was considered "good parenting" but now is recognized to have been at the root of many long term food issues.

Many providers think they are doing good by the child by having them try new things. It has caused a lot of issues with QRIS, here. Die hard "no thank you helping" fans can be fired without notice because it is easier to replace than retrain , "at will" state.

I do new food tasting during circle times. I approach it as for fun only. I go first and leave one sample per child for them to poke, sniff, squish and taste. Some only like what I like, some only like what I don't, I play to the crowd. I think it has become one of my favorite parts of the week. I am doing Rambutan again this week. I did it 6 months ago and it was hysterical. :::: A couple were named and released back into the wild. It was awesome.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
              take a taste as in put it on their plate and in their cup, not their mouths
              Got it. I never thought you'd force it. It would go against what I have read of your philosophy. I was genuinely curious if that reg still existed anywhere. It really did used to be a thing. :hug:
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
                I always put milk in their cup at each meal/snack, and it's always the same thing, I don't want milk I want water, I leave it in there for a bit but most will start complaining they want water so I dump the milk and give them water, is that ok or do I have to give them another cup with milk?
                I do that, unless the food police are actually here. I'm not sure if it's okay or not...but I feel like I'm following the spirit of the rule.

Comment

Working...
                X