STINK of Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tigerlilly View Post
    It's legal here so I wouldn't make a stink about it. Chances are the parent is probably a grower and that is why the smell is so strong. I know too many people that use it and have normal productive lives so unless you see some indication or abuse or neglect there isn't anything to report. You can terminate them for stinking if it is a major issue.
    I would have to. I hate the smell and get headaches from it. Legal or not, marijuana will never be around me. A friend even recommended it because I live on pain pills. I said no thanks, the pills work just fine.
    Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
    They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      In my state medical marijuana is legal but smoking it is not.
      Those that use it medicinally use it in alternative methods that do not include smoking it.

If I smelled marijuana on a DCK and suspected the parent was smoking, as a mandated reporter I would HAVE to report.

My personal feelings about it one way or another play no role in state licensing requirements for mandated reporter.

Smoking cigarettes in a vehicle WITH a child is also illegal in my state.

Nope, it's not illegal in Minnesota to smoke in a car with a child. They tried to pass it but they can't control what your doing in your personal property. You can't smoke with your daycare kids in the car, but that's a whole other situation.

I am not a smoker, I used to be. I hate when people spread around misinformation.

https://smoking.uslegal.com/smoking-...-in-minnesota/

Comment

Originally posted by WBee View Post
        When Dad drops off and picks up Dad reeks of it as well. I can't stand the smell of it.
        "DCD, Thanks for meeting with me. I need to make you aware that the smell of pot on your kids clothes, hair and belongings is really becoming a problem for me. I need you to handle it as soon as possible. It cannot continue."

Fyi: I had to do the same for rose scented essential oils recently too. A person can only take so much. The local middle school has an Axe body spray ban, too. ::::
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaP View Post
          Nope, it's not illegal in Minnesota to smoke in a car with a child. They tried to pass it but they can't control what your doing in your personal property. You can't smoke with your daycare kids in the car, but that's a whole other situation.

I am not a smoker, I used to be. I hate when people spread around misinformation.

https://smoking.uslegal.com/smoking-...-in-minnesota/
          I don't have minor children and don't transport DCK's and I don't smoke at all so am definitely not up to date on which laws passed and then got rescinded in those departments.... so definitely not spreading misinformation purposely.

Law or not, it's still not a very healthy or appropriate thing to do in my honest opinion.

Comment

Law or not, it's still not a very healthy or appropriate thing to do in my honest opinion.
            It makes me so mad seeing people smoke in the car, windows up even, with their kids! How selfish!
            I saw a very pregnant woman smoking a cigerette and wanted to slap it out of her hand. I just cant believe people.

Comment

Originally posted by MomBoss View Post
              It makes me so mad seeing people smoke in the car, windows up even, with their kids! How selfish!
              I saw a very pregnant woman smoking a cigerette and wanted to slap it out of her hand. I just cant believe people.
              It's almost as bad to smoke in your car or house without your kids. You shouldn't smoke anywhere that it's going to build up if you're kids are going to be using that space. Nicotine on the carseat is not safe or healthy for children.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                "DCD, Thanks for meeting with me. I need to make you aware that the smell of pot on your kids clothes, hair and belongings is really becoming a problem for me. I need you to handle it as soon as possible. It cannot continue."

Fyi: I had to do the same for rose scented essential oils recently too. A person can only take so much. The local middle school has an Axe body spray ban, too. ::::
                This is what I would do, too.

LMAO at the Axe ban. Our schools have an essential oil ban. Teachers sending kids home due to odor. I have the same ban. Eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass, tea tree, lavendar,etc ALL on the same day (different kids) OH MY. Everyone's clothes got bagged, everyone had a 'ho bath' and parents were told NO MORE that day.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                  This is what I would do, too.

LMAO at the Axe ban. Our schools have an essential oil ban. Teachers sending kids home due to odor. I have the same ban. Eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass, tea tree, lavendar,etc ALL on the same day (different kids) OH MY. Everyone's clothes got bagged, everyone had a 'ho bath' and parents were told NO MORE that day.
                  I have a big sign on my front door and it's in my handbook - "No Essential Oils!" Just the scent of it on someone while grocery shopping will set off a migraine. I will absolutely not tolerate it in my home. Ironically I have no problem with MJ. We are hoping that eventually MN will allow migraine sufferers to use it medicinally. The few times I had access to cbd oil or edibles, it kicked my migraine to the curb within 20 minutes. Obviously never done during daycare hours.

Comment

I don't have minor children and don't transport DCK's and I don't smoke at all so am definitely not up to date on which laws passed and then got rescinded in those departments.... so definitely not spreading misinformation purposely.

Absolutely! Nasty habit and makes everyone sick and smell like @ss. (p.s. I used to smoke, but not around my kids, in my house or my car).

Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by Claraskids View Post
                      I have a big sign on my front door and it's in my handbook - "No Essential Oils!" Just the scent of it on someone while grocery shopping will set off a migraine. I will absolutely not tolerate it in my home. Ironically I have no problem with MJ. We are hoping that eventually MN will allow migraine sufferers to use it medicinally. The few times I had access to cbd oil or edibles, it kicked my migraine to the curb within 20 minutes. Obviously never done during daycare hours.
                      YES! I haven't smoked since my I had kiddo #1, but it is literally the ONLY thing that stopped a migraine dead in it's tracks, and I was able to be fully functional. When it's legalized for medical use, I'm on board.

I loathe pharmaceuticals, and have tried everything. The only close second was maxalt, not covered by insurance, combined with oxycodone. NOT a pretty combination for regular use.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                        YES! I haven't smoked since my I had kiddo #1, but it is literally the ONLY thing that stopped a migraine dead in it's tracks, and I was able to be fully functional. When it's legalized for medical use, I'm on board.

I loathe pharmaceuticals, and have tried everything. The only close second was maxalt, not covered by insurance, combined with oxycodone. NOT a pretty combination for regular use.
                        Have you tried straight CBD Hemp oil (No THC)? I've been using it for about six weeks now and my daily migraines are gone! I also had a long-standing prescription for Maxalt and oxy, but the side effects made it impossible to function.

Comment

Working...
                        X