New Paragraph For My Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poptarts22 View Post
    For parents restocking their supply of diapers and wipes here at daycare. Please refrain from ordering 8 (yes 8!) cases of diapers and FOUR cases of wipes and then proceed to have them shipped HERE for me to STORE! I do not have the room, nor desire, to keep them in my home
    Did you say anything to the parents, did they really intend for you to store all those?
    I would be handing them back to them at pick up and say, oops you had your whole order shipped here. Please take them with you when you leave.

Comment

My guess is that they meant to order 1 box and accidentally clicked on 8?

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
        How much is 8 cases? Does that mean 8 boxes, because that is like a 1000 diapers and I just can't imagine even a new parent supplying that much! I mean, kudos to them for being proactive, but diaper deliveries should be made to the home and then bring box every two weeks or whatever. I agree with Ariana...common sense should prevail. For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment! ::
        I was wondering if it was a passive agressive way for the parent to get back at the provider for constantly asking for diapers ::

Comment

For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment! ::
          I was being light hearted. I even added a smilie face to show it. I am also an avid member of this board and see which posters complain more than others and which offer help and support more than others so my comment was my opinion. I didn't say anything personal. I said some providers. I didn't say anything about any one specific. I do agree though that sometimes we get too few diapers and sometimes we get too many but sometimes communication with the parent works a whole lot better than complaining or even writing up a whole paragraph in your handbook. Plus the provider gave no backstory or any details about whether this was a parent that didn't bring enough diapers normally or was an overly prepared parent that probably goes over board about allot of things so without any of that the intent comes across differently to every reader. Telling me my opinion is disrespectful is disrespectful as well and it just proves my point.

Comment

How much is 8 cases? Does that mean 8 boxes, because that is like a 1000 diapers and I just can't imagine even a new parent supplying that much! I mean, kudos to them for being proactive, but diaper deliveries should be made to the home and then bring box every two weeks or whatever. I agree with Ariana...common sense should prevail. For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment! ::
            I didn't think unregistered poster was being disrespectful I chuckled at the comment and wondered myself if it wasn't like Ariana said below... something deeper between the provider and parent going on.

I don't know... but I've seen some pretty disrespectful comments get posted on the forum now and then and I have to say Unregistered said a couple things I found myself nodding in agreement to but it's all in perspective I guess.

I don't have storage issues so Fed-Ex suddenly showed up here with 8 cases of diapers, I'd laugh out loud and find it highly amusing.

But I can also totally understand how the whole situation wouldn't be that funny if you struggle with storage space so I can see comments be taken in multiple ways. Some offensive and some not...kwim?

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
            I was wondering if it was a passive agressive way for the parent to get back at the provider for constantly asking for diapers ::
            That thought crossed my mind immediately as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              I didn't think unregistered poster was being disrespectful I chuckled at the comment and wondered myself if it wasn't like Ariana said below... something deeper between the provider and parent going on.

I don't know... but I've seen some pretty disrespectful comments get posted on the forum now and then and I have to say Unregistered said a couple things I found myself nodding in agreement to but it's all in perspective I guess.

I don't have storage issues so Fed-Ex suddenly showed up here with 8 cases of diapers, I'd laugh out loud and find it highly amusing.

But I can also totally understand how the whole situation wouldn't be that funny if you struggle with storage space so I can see comments be taken in multiple ways. Some offensive and some not...kwim?

That thought crossed my mind immediately as well...
              Very true! Tone is often hard to "hear"! :: If they have a great dc relationship, I am sure it was a funny moment, but if not, then maybe it was passive aggressive? The OP didn't "sound" happy to me if that makes sense. I found the "I guess there is no pleasing some providers" comment to be a bit disrespectful because we don't know the back story, so it wasn't a helpful comment, imo, but again, tone is so hard to dtermine and that may not have been their intention at all.

Honestly, all I could think of with the OP's comment is how many people I see selling cases of diapers on our local buy & sell page, because they buy way too many of one size and the kid outgrows them! :: Hopefully the OP has a good thing going with the parnt and they can laugh about it later!

Comment

Ok I clothed diapered my dd, so I have been wondering...... Would 8 cases of one size be to much, even if the child just started this size? Of course I know it depends on the age of the child plus other factors but 8 cases (unless they are really small cases) seems like alot just for one child for one size.

Comment

Working...
                X