New Paragraph For My Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paragraph For My Handbook

For parents restocking their supply of diapers and wipes here at daycare. Please refrain from ordering 8 (yes 8!) cases of diapers and FOUR cases of wipes and then proceed to have them shipped HERE for me to STORE! I do not have the room, nor desire, to keep them in my home

Providers complain the parents don't bring enough diapers and providers complain the parents bring too many diapers. Guess there is no pleasing some providers. I would just tell the parent face to face instead of writing an entire paragraph for your handbook. The parent might have thought they were doing a good thing by being so prepared.

Comment

LOL!!!

I do not tell parents what they are not allowed to do rather I tell them what is wanted. I say something along the lines of: If your child is not yet toilet trained please stock a weekly supply of pull up and wipes in your child's cubby and check it daily.

I am also starting to become quite detailed in my supply list.... I ask for exactly what I want them to bring.

Comment

Originally posted by CityGarden View Post
        LOL!!!

I do not tell parents what they are not allowed to do rather I tell them what is wanted. I say something along the lines of: If your child is not yet toilet trained please stock a weekly supply of pull up and wipes in your child's cubby and check it daily.

I am also starting to become quite detailed in my supply list.... I ask for exactly what I want them to bring.
        That is what I do as well. I do have storage available but not for a pallet of diapers...just a month's worth and its dependent on how many other kids I have in diapers.

Right now I have 3 out of 12 in diapers. Each of those three families brings me a box of diapers (about a months supply) but ALL families bring one refill package of wet wipes for each child (in diapers or underwear) every month.

I can store that.
        Anything else and I'd be nuts trying to manage it all.

Comment

This is why I just supply everything! Much easier on all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Providers complain the parents don't bring enough diapers and providers complain the parents bring too many diapers. Guess there is no pleasing some providers. I would just tell the parent face to face instead of writing an entire paragraph for your handbook. The parent might have thought they were doing a good thing by being so prepared.
            Seriously? I think mainly providers expect common sense.

Comment

I wish all my parents did this! I have the means to store them though. I actually suggest it to new families or they can bring me a box/pack at a time. I really don’t care either way but I’m bothering them a lot less if they can financially afford to stock me up real good.

Comment

Originally posted by Poptarts22 View Post
                For parents restocking their supply of diapers and wipes here at daycare. Please refrain from ordering 8 (yes 8!) cases of diapers and FOUR cases of wipes and then proceed to have them shipped HERE for me to STORE! I do not have the room, nor desire, to keep them in my home
                Sorry, but that really did make me::::::

Comment

Originally posted by bklsmum View Post
                  This is why I just supply everything! Much easier on all IMO.
                  Yep.

They need clothes when they start, I'll even wash those. Easier and sanity saving.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                    I don't see lack of common sense here from either side.

I see a parent that thought she was being prepared.

If there had been previous discussions about diapers, storage and available space I would understand better but just from what the OP posted... I guess I don't see anything but the humor in it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Common sense would be asking the provider if she had room for 8 cases of diapers and 4 cases of wipes before sending them. It sounds like the OP did not want them to be sent!

Comment

I wouldn't have room to store all of those, except in the attic. Then I'd probably forget they were up there and have the parent bring more a month later. ::

Comment

I find the challenge with that many (in addition to storing them) is how quickly the children grow out of one size.....

Comment

I wish I had that problem, . I have one parent who is tight with diapers for some reason and so I’m constantly asking her to send some in. An example, I told her on Friday that dck would need diapers on Monday and that I only had 3 left on hand. She came in Monday morning with 8 diapers and said here are those diapers you needed for this week. What the heck am I supposed to do with just 8 diapers? Her kid is here 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week. So of course on Tuesday I had to request more diapers. Then again on Friday. I do understand storage could be a problem but I’d figure it out some way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                              Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

If there had been previous discussions about diapers, storage and available space I would understand better but just from what the OP posted... I guess I don't see anything but the humor in it all.
                              How much is 8 cases? Does that mean 8 boxes, because that is like a 1000 diapers and I just can't imagine even a new parent supplying that much! I mean, kudos to them for being proactive, but diaper deliveries should be made to the home and then bring box every two weeks or whatever. I agree with Ariana...common sense should prevail. For the unregistered, I thought your comment was kind of disrespectful. Sometimes we get too few diapers, which we complain about, so getting hundreds at one time is also grounds for a moment! ::

Comment

Working...
                              X