Big Toy Drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    By “does not get to play”, do you just mean to relocate to a different area of play? Or do you mean an area where she can’t play at all, like a time out in a pack n play?
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For clarification, where would you remove her to? Just another area of play?
    Yes, I wouldn't remove toys from her, I would just remove her from the object or area of focus. She is being territorial which is normal for her age but I wouldn't allow her to be territorial over a toy or area that isn't hers.

Any time two or more kiddos are arguing or squabbling over something I remove that particular item but since this is a larger toy/area, I would just remove her from it and redirect her to something else.

Leave her be for a while and if she migrates back to the area that caused her to be so territorial, let her. But the second she starts to "claim it" or deny others use of the item, remove her again.

She gets it, she just can't help it.
    She's a toddler. Everything is theirs. ::

But she will figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      I would remove her. Shrieking = removal. I don't tolerante screaming or shrieking.
      Same here. I would redirect her to another area and encourage her to play with other toys.

I also do not tolerate fighting over toys. Just the other day two kids ( both 4 year olds) were fighting over a toy fire truck. The only way to stop the screaming and grabbing was to take away the toy and put it on an out of reach shelf.

Comment

I have very few large toys for this reason. There's most likely only one or maybe two, and for that reason alone its going to be the most coveted. Big trucks, play sets, doll strollers or beds, battery powered anything - nope. Everything I have is numerous enough for everyone to get as many as they want.

But I do have 4 years olds. That would be a little more tough with toddlers.

Comment

Working...
        X