Following Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following Rules

If someone isn't abiding by one of the rules of your contract (parking), would you verbally tell them or would you put it in a letter kind of as a warning?

I would just tell them, if it was one person. If it was 2 or more, a letter home with a few policy reminders helps.

Comment

I'd start out by sticking a reminder on the front door.

Comment

I'd send a reminder email or post on the door. If it continued, I'd just tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
          I'd start out by sticking a reminder on the front door.
          Yep... I stick mine right on the storm door. No way they can miss it then. I also explain why the policy is in place too.

I finally banned everyone from parking in my driveway when I found out they were running over newly planted grass because they could not make the turn into a normal width driveway (makes me wonder how they park in a parking lot). Heck one mom was not making turns @ the corner of the cross street properly & she ran over my new roses ( and almost hit the street sign)... needless to say I put a boulder on the cover of my property... guess who hit it not once but 4 times in a month

Comment

I am not one to engage in passive aggressive behavior and prefer to use my words.

I think the message is understood better when spoken directly to someone.

Comment

you think a letter sent home is passive-aggressive?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                It can be, ...even unintentionally, if you write it while upset. I did this just the other day! ::

Personally, I writhe at the thought of even the slightest bit of confrontation, sooo I resort to letter writing.

And YES 100% I am pretty sure they all "take it personally" or see it as a witchy thing to do even though that is never my intention and I am just trying to enforce my policies.

I have to work on my backbone, and the letter writing only perpetuates my problem. If I just spoke to them directly, they would probably respect me more and in turn, follow my rules to begin with!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  In some cases/situations, I certainly do.

But I also think having multiple user names, fake accounts, feigning ignorance, profiting from someone else's work and lying is passive aggressive too but what do I know?

Comment

Is this related to your driveway blocking dad? If so I'd just have a face to face conversation with him and ask him directly to park correctly.

If a bunch of people are doing the same thing I'd probably do up a letter, but also speak to the individuals directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                      In some cases/situations, I certainly do.

But I also think having multiple user names, fake accounts, feigning ignorance, profiting from someone else's work and lying is passive aggressive too but what do I know?
                      BC, someone has surely ticked you off!! I don't see anything in this thread prompting it though and am confused, do you know something we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Mummy101 View Post
                        BC, someone has surely ticked you off!! I don't see anything in this thread prompting it though and am confused, do you know something we don't?
                        Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                          Yep.
                          OK Fine, don't tell me
                          I didn't realize you guys knew each other on here, much less had ongoing rivalries. Woah...

Comment

OK Fine, don't tell me
                            I didn't realize you guys knew each other on here, much less had ongoing rivalries. Woah...
                            :: you haven't been around long enough....

There have been times when there has been lots of drama here (on the forum) and a lot of posters that don't get along well. There have been times where there has been zero drama too.... it's no different than any other work place.

I don't normally take my frustrations out openly but the poster can't receive PM's as unregistered so...

Comment

I'm so happy to be out of the loop! Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X