No announcement yet.

Thank You Daycare.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no Michael I am scared too! Whenever they have done an overhaul on other forums it has always taken a lot of time to get used to but in the grand scheme of things it will be ok. I am sure it is something that needs to be done

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
      Wow! Now you have me scared!

Please save the archives. They are gold to this site.
      I'll have no problem reviving the forum and blogs. It's the software I had built for the database of facility listings that has me worried. There is a whole secure charging system and autopay that may give me issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
        I've been out there in some of the other places. There's no comparison. Actually, I was on Childfun for years....someone on there mentioned this place one day, and I checked it out. Childfun isn't even there anymore, which makes me sad, but seriously, this place is awesome!

I was briefly on a childcare board with just a few active members. One of the members went absolutely ballistic one day, because a few members said in a thread that they didn't charge for their own vacations. This lady used the largest font available, in all caps, to scream at everyone about it. Stuff like that.
        CF isn't available anymore?? Wow, what happened to Jenny? And everybody else? How long were you on CF and did you use Rockgirl on there too? Sorry, nosy me.

That's my biggest worry about this site...one morning I'll get my coffee, turn my computer on, and try to come on here and poof, it'll be gone. I'd have to quit daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
          CF isn't available anymore?? Wow, what happened to Jenny? And everybody else? How long were you on CF and did you use Rockgirl on there too? Sorry, nosy me.

That's my biggest worry about this site...one morning I'll get my coffee, turn my computer on, and try to come on here and poof, it'll be gone. I'd have to quit daycare.
          I was diaperqueen! What about you?

Comment

I think Jenny sold the site. I really loved it for years!

Comment

If I told you I'd have to kill ya. But I'm pretty sure I remember your name.

Comment

If I told you I'd have to kill ya. But I'm pretty sure I remember your name.
                I guess I'd rather live!

Comment

I remember that user name!

I spent a lot of time reading there...posting very little. It was an interesting site but too clique-y for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I spent a lot of time reading there...posting very little. It was an interesting site but too clique-y for me.

I'm happy I found this place!

Comment

We are a patient bunch so if things go south we can wait a little bit before withdrawals kick in. Is there a Daycare.com social media group that we can join temporarily if the site is down? I really do love reading everyones posts

And if you need help Michael my DH works in IT and I'm more than happy to voluntell his services

Comment

You guys literally just helped me get through a huge thing. This site helped me before I opened (I read it well before opening my daycare) and I think that's why I have had so little trouble, minus the last debacle.

I don't always agree with everyone, but I appreciate that we can all say what we think and be respectful about it.

I also go to FB just for the drama. Some days when I need a good laugh, I read the stuff there.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                          We are a patient bunch so if things go south we can wait a little bit before withdrawals kick in. Is there a Daycare.com social media group that we can join temporarily if the site is down? I really do love reading everyones posts

And if you need help Michael my DH works in IT and I'm more than happy to voluntell his services
                          This forum will be the first thing up and running. I've moved over several other forums for my city sites and they all worked from the get go. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

If my memory is right, I think I had read at some point that she posts on the Babycenter Home Daycare page frequently.
                            I could be totally wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

:: Good thing you never said as much when you were on that site! Years ago, when I was a member there, providers who mentioned the clique-y-ness mysteriously disappeared from that forum. I always assumed they got tired of the drama and went away on their own until I got "banned for life". (A thread got heated. A friend replied in a professional, reasonable manner but "the clique" didn't like her reply and drama ensued. In a private message, I said I always tried to be careful when I replied to any thread because of that very possibility. The next time I tried to log in, I got a message saying I was "banned for life". My husband and kids thought it was the funniest thing ever! I found Daycare.com and love the low-drama feel and support everyone offers. Best thing Jenny ever could have done for me! ::

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
                                :: Good thing you never said as much when you were on that site! Years ago, when I was a member there, providers who mentioned the clique-y-ness mysteriously disappeared from that forum. I always assumed they got tired of the drama and went away on their own until I got "banned for life". (A thread got heated. A friend replied in a professional, reasonable manner but "the clique" didn't like her reply and drama ensued. In a private message, I said I always tried to be careful when I replied to any thread because of that very possibility. The next time I tried to log in, I got a message saying I was "banned for life". My husband and kids thought it was the funniest thing ever! I found Daycare.com and love the low-drama feel and support everyone offers. Best thing Jenny ever could have done for me! ::
                                Banned for life!!

I never knew there were so many CFers on here. The funny thing is that over there, they talked about how mean some of the members were here at daycare.com. LOL!!! I actually came here just to see how 'bad' it was. I stayed!

Comment

Working...
                                X