Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I took the whole week off, told my director see you Monday!!! I deserve it
    Although some might think I have spent the entire 4 days sleeping , I have done NOTHING but daycare work the entire weekend, aside from taking my kid to a parade and fireworks. I'm so very happy to be getting caught up on stuff, but I'm still not going to have time to work on tax stuff or redoing my enrollment binders (that my inspector walked off with at my last inspection). Now, I'm wishing I'd just closed the entire week, so that I could have gotten completely caught up and had a weekend to relax coming up!

Comment

I had one little one today. She's awesome though! Happy as can be to play and then will take a 3-3.5hr nap and can sleep through all the noise my own kids make.

Comment

We actually had a good day yesterday, the 2 SA dcks and me. We made homemade mac n cheese for lunch together. We baked banana bread muffins for snack(omg soooo good!!). Took a walk, played outside in the water, lots of card games. The kiddos(sibs) got along great, good day all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
          We actually had a good day yesterday, the 2 SA dcks and me. We made homemade mac n cheese for lunch together. We baked banana bread muffins for snack(omg soooo good!!). Took a walk, played outside in the water, lots of card games. The kiddos(sibs) got along great, good day all around.
          That does sound like a fun day!

Ours was good, too. We played in the water--they always love that. It was dcg5's last day (she's been with me since she was 14 mo), plus dcb's 4th birthday, so lots of favorites and special treats allowed!

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
            Although some might think I have spent the entire 4 days sleeping , I have done NOTHING but daycare work the entire weekend, aside from taking my kid to a parade and fireworks. I'm so very happy to be getting caught up on stuff, but I'm still not going to have time to work on tax stuff or redoing my enrollment binders (that my inspector walked off with at my last inspection). Now, I'm wishing I'd just closed the entire week, so that I could have gotten completely caught up and had a weekend to relax coming up!
            See, that was how I spent Memorial Day weekend doing stuff on the house & childcare ... this time vacation is MINE & I have been on the beach in FL since Sunday . I don't re-open until next Monday

Comment

Was this the recipe I posted in the menu section a while back? If so, try adding pecans to the batter. Makes them even yummier

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                Although some might think I have spent the entire 4 days sleeping , I have done NOTHING but daycare work the entire weekend, I'm so very happy to be getting caught up on stuff, but I'm still not going to have time to work on tax stuff
                I hear you. I have spent the time writing lesson plans for the fall and working on next years taxes, in advance, because I have a huge fear that the MMK merge to Kidkare in October is going to ruin all the previous hours of book keeping work I have already put in and, by extension, my upcoming holiday season. I print it all on January 1st every year, it gives me a sense of accomplishment to push into the next year and frees me up to assist my husband with his books (two sets of eyes and all that jazz). happyface My spending, ratios and rates vary little year to year, now, so I hope this saves me some hassle later. I dread the unknown.... :::: ... well with my money and family time, anyway. Hopefully, I will not have simply blown an extra holiday weekend... :confused:
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

@Leigh, how do u do enrollment binders? We have the kids files in a big 4 drawer file cabinet and all of the enrollment sheets copied in a black binder that we use for our pick up lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
                    Was this the recipe I posted in the menu section a while back? If so, try adding pecans to the batter. Makes them even yummier
                    No, but I made those before too and those were good also!
                    These were from a cookbook written by Jack Witherspoon called Twist It Up. He's from Ca., is a 3 time leukemia survivor and raises money for cancer through the sales of his cookbooks, fundraisers and such. I believe he's now 17. His story and inspiration is pretty incredible. And his recipes sound really good. But his banana muffins are delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      @Leigh, how do u do enrollment binders? We have the kids files in a big 4 drawer file cabinet and all of the enrollment sheets copied in a black binder that we use for our pick up lists.
                      I over-organize. All current contracts in a binder, former clients' contracts in another binder. All food program enrollments in another binder. All trainings completed in another binder. Vaccination records in their own binder. Sign in/sign out sheets in their own binders (a new binder every year). I try to keep everything as organized as possible to make my inspections go as quickly as possible. Rather than digging through each child's records searching for a vaccination form, they can just go through my current kids' in the front of the vaccination binder and check off each child. After watching an inspector digging through records for what felt like DAYS, I separated everything into it's own category, and then bought a cabinet for my kitchen to put them in (an appliance garage, which I learned is not that corner cabinet. The corner cabinet is a Tambour, the long, straight one is an appliance garage-the man at the hardware store that I ordered it from made SURE that I knew that! LOL). Same thing, though-it's the one that sits on top of the counter and goes up to the bottom of my upper cabinets-makes them very easy to access and still hidden!

Comment

No, but I made those before too and those were good also!
                        These were from a cookbook written by Jack Witherspoon called Twist It Up. He's from Ca., is a 3 time leukemia survivor and raises money for cancer through the sales of his cookbooks, fundraisers and such. I believe he's now 17. His story and inspiration is pretty incredible. And his recipes sound really good. But his banana muffins are delicious.
                        That's awesome! lovethis
                        I will have to look into his books

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
                          That's awesome! lovethis
                          I will have to look into his books
                          We made another one today called Rustic Hash. I thought it was really good as did a couple of my nonpicky eaters. Course all the other dcks didn't like 1 thing or another(potatoes or sausage or tomatoes). We're having his Strawberry Shortcake recipe for snack today. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                          X