Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Potty Style Is Best? What Do You Do To Support Potty Learning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your seat made of if not plastic?
    Originally posted by Laurie View Post
    I've never seen it in the Reg's. I was told this by my licensing manager many years ago. I also was told this through a workshop I took through "Childrens Home Society" a while back.

They both said potty seats and plastic seats were unsanitary and don't clean like a toilet seat. like I said before, they may not be saying this anymore. I've been doing this for 24yrs. stuff like this changes all the time. If you're concerned, check with your Rep and see what they're saying about it.

Comment

My seats are made of wood, painted white! It's just a standard toilet seat. I see your point about plastic, because many stores carry plastic toilet seats.

All I can say about the plastic seat, would be to ask your Rep on your next visit or give her a call. I'm only repeating what I was told many years ago.

Comment

Thanks so much ladies it is nice to see others don't do those little potty seats that require so much clean up. Also I am in California and I'm a new provider so this is helpful.

I think I will get a wooden seat with built in insert to be on the safe side and if for some reason I need something different then I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Comment

All our kids use the toilet. No extra seat, built in or not. There is a step stool in the bathroom that they can use to climb up on the toilet, but then they balance themselves.

Comment

Is there a toilet seat, with the smaller seat attached, that anyone could recommend? I was searching amazon and usually listen to the reviews when I get something. I'd rather go with your recommendations.
            These are my policies on PTing, short and sweet:

Potty Training
            To make potty training a more successful venture when your child moves through this stage, please send him/her in loose-fitting pants that s/he can maneuver easily; no snap-crotch shirts or overalls please. After several days of success at home, I am willing to try pull-ups for several days here, before we move on to regular underwear. Always send extra clothes during this learning time. IF your child is showing signs of readiness, this process shouldn't take too long. Signs of readiness include, but are not limited to, verbally making it known s/he needs to go, able to pull pants up and down, goes for periods of time without wet diapers, and cooperatively will try the training process. I have found cooperation being one of the trickiest parts to toilet-training. They're usually at that independent stage anyways; another one of those things you simply cannot force them to do on your terms. They'll do it when they are good and ready. It will work much better if you and I remain consistent with each other. We can make this a fun learning process and not a scary, discouraging time in your child's life.

Comment

Working...
            X