Just Don't Belong, Feeling Down And Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Don't Belong, Feeling Down And Out

I was really hoping that 2017 was going to be a better year for me. Well for everyone. I have been going through some really rough times and I really feel I don't have anyone to turn to.

Most of my issues are not so much really directly related to my childcare children or families, but to the stress of QRIS and it's demands.

I live about 45 minutes PLUS from the training center, ( I say plus, because the traffic here is NUTS)which I am expected to be at several times a month. On average about once a week, plus two weekends a month. I have given up so much of my personal time, family time and have spent a lot of money getting myself to these trainings.

The expectations of our QRIS are very overwhelming. From the demands of having to arrange an annual health exam for each of my children that is conducted here to making certain that I also train my staff, I just can't find the time. We have to conduct 21 professional development hours each year, take daily observation reports with evidence, manage immunizations, ASQ and ASQSE, CESFEL and so on. I have the motivation, but no time for myself or my family. I had surgery back in november to have my thyroid removed. Had to go back to work the next day because one of my employees called in sick. I have not really fully recovered, but am chugging along each day.

My county admits to rolling out QRIS incorrectly and scored everyone prior to even getting to take classes of any kind. Super unfair, but it is what it is.

I just had an employee quit, but on a positive side, I feel it was for the best. The employee seemed to have a lot going on in their personal life that was affecting their ability to be here, so it all worked out in the end. BUT that is putting me under stress as now I can't attend my classes.

I have to move again, tax season is here, my best friend is fighting breast cancer and I just feel like I am sinking.

Worst of it all. One of my past employees stole my credit information, identity and hacked my ALL of my email accounts. They been stealing from me for years right under my nose. OMG I can't believe that I didn't even know for all of this time. That employee has not worked here for about a year, but I am just heart broken because I put all of my faith in trust in them, I even conducted their wedding ceremony as an officiate. I can't believe that someone could do this. I am ill with anger regarding it.

sorry for the long vent. I need to know I can make it through this QRIS. Please tell me that I am not the only one who has had to go through all of this crazy trainings and stress and that it can be done.
    Last edited by daycare; 03-14-2017, 02:29 PM.

Oh My I sincerely wish I could do something IRL to help you. Dealing with just QRIS is enough to bring anxiety levels up but wow, you've taken a world on your shoulders. One day at a time, just one day. I'd be super mad at your former employee too but you can't control what others do(and there are some might nasty people out there, evidently one worked for you). You can only control how you feel about the whole situation....somehow you need to let it go. Maybe talk to a therapist about it?
    Have you ever thought of switching careers? It sounds like stress abounds everywhere, if you have to move, dealing with a ridiculous amount of trainings and meetings....
    Maybe you should sit down and discuss it all with your family and come up with solutions. You need to start putting yourself first in this equation. And it sounds like you're way down the totem pole.

Comment

:hug: :hug:

You know you can PM me ANY time!

Comment

Thanks ladies. I am not a crier, but I feel like maybe a good cry would help me feel better.

I do love what I do for a living. WELL until those 4 letters made way into my life. QRIS.....it should be called HELL.

BC...you are too sweet and have been a huge part of my success over the years. Thank you for always being here. I really appreciate it.:hug:

Comment

Sounds to me like you need to give yourself at least a couple days vacation time to unwind, relax, and then think.
          Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
          They are also our future.

Comment

Daycare, feel free to message me too. I am not actively running a business but, I was QRIS tier 5 in CA and I am pretty familiar with the process.

I also have a lot of resources I am happy to share if you need anything.

Just a tip from my experience, if the QRIS people can connect you with other providers in your area who are also going through QRIS certification, it's really helpful. I went through with a cohort and we supported each other through the process. It was so helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by spedmommy4 View Post
              Daycare, feel free to message me too. I am not actively running a business but, I was QRIS tier 5 in CA and I am pretty familiar with the process.

I also have a lot of resources I am happy to share if you need anything.

Just a tip from my experience, if the QRIS people can connect you with other providers in your area who are also going through QRIS certification, it's really helpful. I went through with a cohort and we supported each other through the process. It was so helpful!
              OMG you are a saint....I will PM you...I do know that all 8 counties in CA are not conducting QRIS the same, hopefully some what similar. OR hoping you are in my county....

Comment

:hug::hug::hug:

Sounds like more than anything you just need some time for you.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                  I was really hoping that 2017 was going to be a better year for me. Well for everyone. I have been going through some really rough times and I really feel I don't have anyone to turn to.

Most of my issues are not so much really directly related to my childcare children or families, but to the stress of QRIS and it's demands.

I live about 45 minutes PLUS from the training center, ( I say plus, because the traffic here is NUTS)which I am expected to be at several times a month. On average about once a week, plus two weekends a month. I have given up so much of my personal time, family time and have spent a lot of money getting myself to these trainings.

The expectations of our QRIS are very overwhelming. From the demands of having to arrange an annual health exam for each of my children that is conducted here to making certain that I also train my staff, I just can't find the time. We have to conduct 21 professional development hours each year, take daily observation reports with evidence, manage immunizations, ASQ and ASQSE, CESFEL and so on. I have the motivation, but no time for myself or my family. I had surgery back in november to have my thyroid removed. Had to go back to work the next day because one of my employees called in sick. I have not really fully recovered, but am chugging along each day.

My county admits to rolling out QRIS incorrectly and scored everyone prior to even getting to take classes of any kind. Super unfair, but it is what it is.

I just had an employee quit, but on a positive side, I feel it was for the best. The employee seemed to have a lot going on in their personal life that was affecting their ability to be here, so it all worked out in the end. BUT that is putting me under stress as now I can't attend my classes.

I have to move again, tax season is here, my best friend is fighting breast cancer and I just feel like I am sinking.

Worst of it all. One of my past employees stole my credit information, identity and hacked my ALL of my email accounts. They been stealing from me for years right under my nose. OMG I can't believe that I didn't even know for all of this time. That employee has not worked here for about a year, but I am just heart broken because I put all of my faith in trust in them, I even conducted their wedding ceremony as an officiate. I can't believe that someone could do this. I am ill with anger regarding it.

sorry for the long vent. I need to know I can make it through this QRIS. Please tell me that I am not the only one who has had to go through all of this crazy trainings and stress and that it can be done.
                  QRIS in my state is over-the-top stressful as well. For what it is worth, I struggle now because on the 15th year, I and many other providers have completed every program offered.....infant/toddler credentials, strengthening family credentials, received Associates Degrees, CDA's, Bachelor's Degrees, even Master Degrees, on & on & on.....like I have stated before we are down to 642 FCC providers and we started 15 years ago with over 3000. I had to learn to say "NO, I will just take a HIT in that area, I CANNOT, nor will I do that". QRIS, in my opinion, is set up for providers to fail because they keep adding on. My family, friends and church have been left behind while I climbed the ladder. Now that I am at the top of the ladder, there is no where to go and QRIS keeps getting more unrealistic for providers. There were and are programs that said they would help providers here and they did as long as it helped them keep their job. Make sense? Let it go as much as you can!

Then, put yourself, your family, your friend, and those you love first.....do not let QRIS dictate/define you. I made that mistake and it causes me to become angry when I think about it.....I could cry writing this post because I know EXACTY how you feel. Best wishes to you! :hug:

Comment

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                      QRIS in my state is over-the-top stressful as well. For what it is worth, I struggle now because on the 15th year, I and many other providers have completed every program offered.....infant/toddler credentials, strengthening family credentials, received Associates Degrees, CDA's, Bachelor's Degrees, even Master Degrees, on & on & on.....like I have stated before we are down to 642 FCC providers and we started 15 years ago with over 3000. I had to learn to say "NO, I will just take a HIT in that area, I CANNOT, nor will I do that". QRIS, in my opinion, is set up for providers to fail because they keep adding on. My family, friends and church have been left behind while I climbed the ladder. Now that I am at the top of the ladder, there is no where to go and QRIS keeps getting more unrealistic for providers. There were and are programs that said they would help providers here and they did as long as it helped them keep their job. Make sense? Let it go as much as you can!

Then, put yourself, your family, your friend, and those you love first.....do not let QRIS dictate/define you. I made that mistake and it causes me to become angry when I think about it.....I could cry writing this post because I know EXACTY how you feel. Best wishes to you! :hug:
                      Wow wee 15 years. Good lord. Bless your forever aching soul.
                      Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone in this. I am so far from all of the other participants that I don't have any support. So it's a real struggle to do this. I always feel left out, unsupported and just always trying to figure Hingis out on my own, never knowing if I'm doing the right thing.
                      All of you are right. I need to hop the next plane out. Lol. Wish I could.
                      I was supposed to go to Japan this year but do to me moving that just got cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                        Wow wee 15 years. Good lord. Bless your forever aching soul.
                        Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone in this. I am so far from all of the other participants that I don't have any support. So it's a real struggle to do this. I always feel left out, unsupported and just always trying to figure Hingis out on my own, never knowing if I'm doing the right thing.
                        All of you are right. I need to hop the next plane out. Lol. Wish I could.
                        I was supposed to go to Japan this year but do to me moving that just got cancelled.
                        Hang in there! Just remember it is OK to not be at the top of the ladder.....around here NO clients even know what QRIS is.....they know about licensing but not QRIS. It is separate entities here and, to be honest, neither side cares for the other Hope things look up for you:hug:

Comment

No advice, just hugs. :hug:

Comment

Thank you. Just threw some weights around at the gym to let some stress out. Feels a little better, really had some alone time to think for two hours.

I'm thinking a little more positive, also helps I'm not feeling alone in all of this. Thank you everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                              to be honest, neither side cares for the other
                              You said a mouthful, there.

QRIS takes the joy out of childcare. I hope things look up for you, soon :hug:
                              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X