No announcement yet.

Found Out I'm Unexpectedly Pregnant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started my first in-home program when I was pregnant with our 3rd child, and had 3 more while I did in-home childcare. I was upfront with the parents about my plans for labor/time off. Generally I close for a week (paid vacation) then I've had helpers for the next few weeks. Once it was a really good friend, the other times it was my mom and/or mother-in-law. I think as long as you're upfront with the parents and have a plan in case you need to leave during the day, they'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
      Having babies while doing daycare can work really well, but your plans have to be realistic with your market area. I took two weeks off after birth and it was just enough time for me. Taking 3 months would not have worked, so if i needed that long, i would probably have closed and then reopened with new families when i was ready.
      If you have families that really love the care they are receiving and appreciate you it can be done. I planned for 6 weeks off and then with an unplanned C-section it was actually my daycare families that suggested I add another two weeks.

I have them plenty of notice when I found out and helped them find alternate care while I was home with my baby. I put me and my family first and wanted that time to bond with my new baby. Will never regret it.

Comment

Working...
      X