Thoughts on Trampolines...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidcrazednluvingit View Post
    Thanks everyone! I talked to my licensor and she said there is a rule but she couldn't remember and she would get back to me. If it is allowed on the premise I may do what some of you recommended and just not open it up for dck use... I'm not sure it wouldn't be a huge headache though... I appreciate all the input!
    MN here too... there is no rule that I am aware of although I am not 100% positive but I know several providers in my area that have trampolines FOR daycare. It might be a county rule but IRC, there is nor licensing rule about it.

Personally, I would not get one. Too much liability for my comfort. If you read up childhood injuries via the American Pediatrics site you'll see how common injuries are and how easily they happen even with the best intentions and best safety rules.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
      Check with licensing first. We cannot have them on the premises in CA.
      I am in Ca. I asked my analyst and she said it was fine as long as daycare kiddos didn't use it (my own kids want one).

Comment

Originally posted by Lovisa View Post
        I am in Ca. I asked my analyst and she said it was fine as long as daycare kiddos didn't use it (my own kids want one).
        This is what I was told as well....

Comment

My dd loved when we had one but I will never have one that dck would be allowed to go on not even school age. We had one for years and it was a ton of fun however I find children can get hurt - bump each other, act wild, etc. There is just too large a margin for error on them for me to take on that liability personally.

Comment

I have always been terrified of trampolines! Any time I see a child on one I almost have a panic attack (same as on a jungle gym but I'm crazy )! After seeing the ones dug in the ground I have wondered, why haven't they always done that?! Such a smart idea! Maybe still not for any dcks but if it's for your own children, that's the way I would go!

Comment

I know I've posted before about my friends high school boyfriend. He was paralyzed from the neck down on a trampoline. Just jumping with his brother and he fell and the brother accidentally fell on him the wrong way.
              On one hand I hate to live in a bubble, but I just feel there are safer ways to get exercise. While nets prevent falls from the trampoline it doesn't prevent collisions or kids doing unsafe tricks, etc.

On a side note, it always cracks me up that people who rear face their kids in the car until they are 10 think nothing of putting a trampoline in their back yard.

Comment

Working...
              X