• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!!! God bless your new journey :hug:lovethishappyface

Comment

Wishing you the best.

Comment

Good luck with your new job and with finding good care for your son.
        Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
        They are also our future.

Comment

Thank you all!

Update: Because I wouldn't fill out the 1099 Dcd said he'd fill it out for me

They pulled today and won't be returning for their last week? I honestly don't understand why they reacted like this. I gave them a professional notice letter and stated how sad and upset I was to part ways but that given the current situation I had to do what was best for my family.

I mentioned that I couldn't fill out the form and that it could cause me to get audited as it would raise questions with the IRS. He said he would put in the form and make sure I was audited because I wasn't filing my taxes correctly!!! I said to him awestruck that I am a responsible person and he had no clue as to what the proper way to file my own business taxes were. I was actually so heated that I said to him that if any problem came of this he would be talking to an attorney come tax time.

I don't need this! I have worked my butt of to keep my business and sadly it didn't work out. I don't know what their motivation is to do this and I am in financial dire straits until my first paycheck 3 weeks from now. I will get over it but I can't get over how nasty the altercation was. I guess karma will have to figure this one out.

Comment

score one for the team! You go!!! Congrats and may the force and good fortune be with you:hug:

Comment

Congratulations on your new venture! I hope it's everything that you hope it will be

As far as the 1099 threat - it won't matter what they do as long as you file your taxes correctly and have all your documentation. Even if you were to get audited you'd win and if anything it would trigger an audit for them because they improperly filed a 1099.

I wouldn't give any of it another thought.

Comment

Originally posted by catinthebox View Post
                score one for the team! You go!!! Congrats and may the force and good fortune be with you:hug:
                Thanks! The force is all I need!::

Comment

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
                  Congratulations on your new venture! I hope it's everything that you hope it will be

As far as the 1099 threat - it won't matter what they do as long as you file your taxes correctly and have all your documentation. Even if you were to get audited you'd win and if anything it would trigger an audit for them because they improperly filed a 1099.

I wouldn't give any of it another thought.
                  Thank you for that! I am a responsible person and for someone to judge my character this badly rattles me to the core. I guess I should have gave this an immediate closure notice next Friday but I'm not that type of person. That couldn't even respect that?!?

Comment

Originally posted by MunchkinWrangler View Post
                    Thank you for that! I am a responsible person and for someone to judge my character this badly rattles me to the core. I guess I should have gave this an immediate closure notice next Friday but I'm not that type of person. That couldn't even respect that?!?
                    Try not to let it bother you. When people don't get their way, we see a whole different side of them. Some become like vengeful spoiled brats, which sounds like what is happening.

I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming chapter in your life!! And good luck with finding great care for your son!!

Comment

I would send them a W-10 via registered mail so they have to sign for it.

Comment

He should seek tax help because he has no idea what he is talking about. Really, even a simple Google search to see how the childcare credit works, which is probably what he did after he left the situation. I would ignore him and just go about life and enjoy your new job! He will figure it out later and you can move on to greener pastures

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                          Try not to let it bother you. When people don't get their way, we see a whole different side of them. Some become like vengeful spoiled brats, which sounds like what is happening.

I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming chapter in your life!! And good luck with finding great care for your son!!
                          Thank you Josie, I did not see any of this coming!

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                            I would send them a W-10 via registered mail so they have to sign for it.
                            Good idea, I think I might do that. They want to play hardball then that's what I'll do. I told them that that was the only form that was needed and I wasn't even required to do provide that for them. Needless to say I got a little mad.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
                              He should seek tax help because he has no idea what he is talking about. Really, even a simple Google search to see how the childcare credit works, which is probably what he did after he left the situation. I would ignore him and just go about life and enjoy your new job! He will figure it out later and you can move on to greener pastures
                              Right?!? He's self employed also but I made sure to let him know that my tax forms are way different then his and that he doesn't know what is required of me, but I do.

I just got so mad because it was a stab at my character and for no reason. I felt I was being respectful by giving them proper notice. I write in my contracts that my childcare services are at will and I can terminate immediately without reason. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X