I Guess I Really Have To Spell It Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwahahahaha! Oh my goodness, y'all gave me a good laugh!!! ::::

I actually have a dcb that comes here wearing crocs every single day. They are SO ugly!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
      It may sound silly but when my son started walking, the home daycare I sent him to required all parents to bring crocs that stayed at daycare for outdoor play. No shoes were allowed indoors at her house.

I would send him in regular shoes, which he removed at the door, and when it came time to play outside, the crocs went on. It helped keep his regular shoes nice longer, too

I feel like crocs are the ugliest shoes ever and would never have dreamed I would buy them for my kid (sorry if that offends anyone), but I feel differently now. It made things so easy and the shoes were durable and kept feet protected.
      Hmm... now I wonder if you were a client of mine. ::

I require them if they want a certain color. I provide them if they simply want them to fit. Love them. lovethis For daycare.

We have a large tract of land with natural springs and little puddle stomping creeks everywhere. Dry feet rarely happen, here. Crocs get washed daily, along with play clothes. Super easy decon. Kids then get bathed and dressed in street clothes for going home.

It is what I do.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

The memes... ::::::

I will HAVE to share those in my parent newsletters. ::::

I have a couple moms who won't share the daycare pics if you can see the crocs. Others apply a disclaimer "Mrs. Cat Herder picked those shoes. I am innocent."
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          The memes... ::::::

I will HAVE to share those in my parent newsletters. ::::

I have a couple moms who won't share the daycare pics if you can see the crocs. Others apply a disclaimer "Mrs. Cat Herder picked those shoes. I am innocent."
          :: :: that's awesome! :: ::

Comment

HAHAHAA, those memes had me dying.

I never ever would have bought a pair of crocs for my kid if daycare didn't ask me to. They turned out to be his favorite shoes.

I would dress him so cute in little gray skinny jeans and a hip t-shirt and then he would cry because he wanted his blue crocs instead of the cute sperrys I picked. :dislike:

To this day he plays ABC mouse and collects virtual pairs of crocs in every color. Gross, but better than him wearing them in real life. I will say they helped him independently learn to put on his shoes at a very young age, but they are hideous.

Comment

I thought crocs were the ugliest things ever and swore I would never get any.Then i needed slippers and could not find any ones I likes .So I bought a cheap pair of the furry lined crocs and love them as slippers . I never wear them if I go out but always have a pair of slipper crocs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                sorry, I couldn't resist.
                OMG LOL If people weren't offended before.....too funny!

I've never worn them but thought they looked comfortable. Don't millions of nurses and dental office workers everywhere wear them? Maybe that's why I associate them with comfort.

Comment

I only wear crocs during outside daycare play. And gardening. But never in public. Lol. I have furry ones for winter.
                  Now, just don't go picking on my five fingers or Keens. Lol

Comment

I never thought of having Crocs for the kids.

I had a pair that I wore for so long the sole was smooth. I think I had them for 5 or 6 years. I loved them but never bought another pair after I wore them out

Comment

Originally posted by Second Home View Post
                      I thought crocs were the ugliest things ever and swore I would never get any.Then i needed slippers and could not find any ones I likes .So I bought a cheap pair of the furry lined crocs and love them as slippers . I never wear them if I go out but always have a pair of slipper crocs.
                      Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                      I only wear crocs during outside daycare play. And gardening. But never in public. Lol. I have furry ones for winter.
                      Now, just don't go picking on my five fingers or Keens. Lol

Hey NOTHING wrong with wearing them outside of "public".... It's IN public that people should re-think tneir choices

Comment

Hey NOTHING wrong with wearing them outside of "public".... It's IN public that people should re-think tneir choices
                        Hey, I wore mine in public every day. They were the comfiest shoes I ever had. I've moved on to Sketchers slip on.

Comment

As ugly as they are, I wear crocs all the time. Even out in public. I had painful feet for years, tried lots of things before someone suggested crocs. They solved my foot pain immediately and have ever since. I had to choose between ugly shoes or $800 orthotics. It's a good thing I'm low maintenance because I chose money over vanity,
                          Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                            Hey, I wore mine in public every day. They were the comfiest shoes I ever had. I've moved on to Sketchers slip on.
                            My mom loves the sketchers slip-on....she is not a shopper but has many pairs of sketchers.::

Comment

Originally posted by Lianne View Post
                              As ugly as they are, I wear crocs all the time. Even out in public. I had painful feet for years, tried lots of things before someone suggested crocs. They solved my foot pain immediately and have ever since. I had to choose between ugly shoes or $800 orthotics. It's a good thing I'm low maintenance because I chose money over vanity,

My mom swears by them too! She has plantar fasciitis and hated the orthopedics they suggested so she lovethis's Crocs!

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                              My mom loves the sketchers slip-on....she is not a shopper but has many pairs of sketchers.::
                              I love Sketchers Go-Walk slip ons. I have several different colors as they are great for traveling and for packing in your bag for whenever.

Comment

This is so funny!!! I too loathe crocs but I do like the concept of shoes just for outside at daycare.

To the OP when my dd started preschool at 2 years / 10 months she needed to have clothes including shoes she could get on and off herself. If the child is 2 or older I would aim to have a similar policy if not I would still ask mom for shoes that are easy on and off. I would not mine children arriving without shoes as I don't love shoes in the house but I would never like even helping a child put on shoes that were difficult to get on and off.

Comment

Working...
                                X