No announcement yet.

I Guess I Really Have To Spell It Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Guess I Really Have To Spell It Out!

I updated just a few things in my contract the other day; things that were driving me bonkers!! One dcm kept bringing dcb in pajamas. I put in my new contract that all children need to be dressed for the day. Well, he comes dressed, but without socks and shoes on. His shoes are so hard to get on his feet so it is a big deal to me. Plus I don't feel like I should be the one dressing him.

I don't get it.

Why doesn't she put shoes on him? I already have my kids to get ready. I don't need to get her kid ready too!

Apparently I should have put specifics in my contract.

Would this bother y'all? Or am I just being picky because I'm SO ready for my vacation? When my son went to a home daycare, I fully dressed him. Doesn't fully dressed include shoes? ::

Originally posted by Boymom View Post
    I updated just a few things in my contract the other day; things that were driving me bonkers!! One dcm kept bringing dcb in pajamas. I put in my new contract that all children need to be dressed for the day. Well, he comes dressed, but without socks and shoes on. His shoes are so hard to get on his feet so it is a big deal to me. Plus I don't feel like I should be the one dressing him.

I don't get it.

Why doesn't she put shoes on him? I already have my kids to get ready. I don't need to get her kid ready too!

Apparently I should have put specifics in my contract.

Would this bother y'all? Or am I just being picky because I'm SO ready for my vacation? When my son went to a home daycare, I fully dressed him. Doesn't fully dressed include shoes? ::
    I don't know...depends on whether you wear shoes in your house or not. I dont allow shoes in the house so if a parent carried their child in without shoes, that would work for me so long as they have shoes for when we go outside.

If the shoes are troublesome, I'd straight up tell the mom you need different shoes.

Oh and as far as spelling everything out....get used to it. You will always have to explain everything it seems and as soon as one group of clients "gets it" you have another new enrollment that messes it up.... ::

Comment

Hand her the shoes and tell her to please put them on.Then mention he needs to arrive fully dressed ready for the day.Everytime she comes in tell her to put the shoes on.

Comment

How old is he? Can he put his own shoes on?

I have two kids and send one to daycare with shoes but hardly ever put shoes on my 9 month old when sending him. Usually he is barefoot. I keep a pair of soft soled sandals in his cubby if he's going to be on the ground outside.

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
          How old is he? Can he put his own shoes on?

I have two kids and send one to daycare with shoes but hardly ever put shoes on my 9 month old when sending him. Usually he is barefoot. I keep a pair of soft soled sandals in his cubby if he's going to be on the ground outside.
          He is almost 3, but his shoes are so hard to get on that I can barely do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Boymom View Post
            He is almost 3, but his shoes are so hard to get on that I can barely do it!
            Send home a note. "Please bring easy off/on closed toe shoes. We are working on independent dressing and he is struggling greatly to get his current pair of shoes on."

They can buy $10 shoes at Walmart, $5 shoes at a resale shop, etc.

Comment

Believe me, I know! One of my current clients had the habit of bringing her little girl without even changing the overnight pull-up let alone getting her dress. I MEAN, REALLY!!! Anyway, she got the message after I told her she was welcome to use my bathroom to tend to her child. Even if it didn't bother me, I am way too busy taking care of other children or duties at the child care to now assume ALL of the parents responsibilities too.

As far as your contract, YES! You do have to spell everything out. It might look and seem like an obvious thing, but parents seem to get our role confused with that of a nanny or even with their own parental duties.

Comment

It may sound silly but when my son started walking, the home daycare I sent him to required all parents to bring crocs that stayed at daycare for outdoor play. No shoes were allowed indoors at her house.

I would send him in regular shoes, which he removed at the door, and when it came time to play outside, the crocs went on. It helped keep his regular shoes nice longer, too

I feel like crocs are the ugliest shoes ever and would never have dreamed I would buy them for my kid (sorry if that offends anyone), but I feel differently now. It made things so easy and the shoes were durable and kept feet protected.

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
                  It may sound silly but when my son started walking, the home daycare I sent him to required all parents to bring crocs that stayed at daycare for outdoor play. No shoes were allowed indoors at her house.

I would send him in regular shoes, which he removed at the door, and when it came time to play outside, the crocs went on. It helped keep his regular shoes nice longer, too

I feel like crocs are the ugliest shoes ever and would never have dreamed I would buy them for my kid (sorry if that offends anyone), but I feel differently now. It made things so easy and the shoes were durable and kept feet protected.
                  :: The only real shoe rule I have is "No Crocs"

I despise Crocs.

Comment

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Awesome!::

Comment

Oh my gosh "that's where your dignity leaked out" ::::::::

Comment

I swear to goodness that crocs gave me planter fasciitis. I generally hate shoes and would throw on crocs to go anywhere. My feet were killing me for months and months. So I started wearing real shoes and haven't had an issue since it cleared up. Now I wear real shoes every day to help my feet and back pain. Hubby loves his crocs though. But being a truck driver he isn't on his feet as much.

Comment

You forgot the best one!

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
                              You forgot the best one!

::::

Comment

Working...
                              X