Monthly Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Newsletter

Does anyone do a monthly newsletter they would be willing to share with me? I would like to start doing one...mostly as a passive aggressive way to bring up rules that keep getting taken advantage of I would also like to share a bit of what were doing and any special things coming up soon. Any help would be appreciated!

If you PM me your email address I can send you mine.,

Comment

I quit doing them. I don't think they ever got read. I got tired of putting so much time and effort into something nobody reads. Hopefully it will work out better for you. However, if I had policy issues I would address them directly. I have found when I did it as a group, the problem parent always seems to think "oh but that isn't about me, it is okay when I do that".

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareDays126 View Post
        Does anyone do a monthly newsletter they would be willing to share with me? I would like to start doing one...mostly as a passive aggressive way to bring up rules that keep getting taken advantage of I would also like to share a bit of what were doing and any special things coming up soon. Any help would be appreciated!
        I PM'ed you several examples of my newsletters.

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareDays126 View Post
          I really don't think my newsletters are anything special, but in case this is helpful I do a weekly newsletter using mailchimp. I like it because it saves my basic template and I just fill it out each Thursday (to go out Friday). I give myself 15 minutes or so to write a quick memo during free play in the morning. I have the following sections: looking back (highlights of the week), looking forward (fun things coming up next week/month, things we will be working on, goals for the group), updates (I'll add in policy reminders or adjustments here), calendar, menu (I just change the lunches each week and I add a note it is subject to change).

I can see who is reading it, so I think that is motivating to parents. So far, at least one parent from each family is reading it each week. As a new provider, I'm always realizing there is something I want to address (e.g., proper footwear, reminder to bring swim suits for water play, review of potty training guidelines).

Comment

Hey there check this out: What should go into the newsletter?
            How about a reminder about upcoming events, holidays, supply donation requests, existing (that are being overlooked) or new policies, birthdays, pictures of the kids, deadlines, etc. The options are endless! Once again, the newsletter is another way to keep parents in-the-know and connect them to your child care business. Check out the whole article here.

Comment

I like to list headings for birthdays, holidays, child care reminders, themes for the month and a kids corner. In my kids corner I put a quote/saying pertaining to the month..i.e. how important fathers are on fathers day or on odd months I will put a quote about play or something else i feel is informative. There are thousands of ways to do a newsletter....just pick what is best for you!

Comment

I've done this before and I think I'll start it up again. I do interviews of the kids. I do one a month. I will ask questions about themselves....like, what are you really good at? Or, what makes you laugh?

Comment

Mine is simple. I start off by saying what's going on with daycare, saying what we're doing during the day. The I post upcoming days off. Then I post any issues/plans coming up. Then I conclude. I always end with saying that any comments, questions or concerns can be directed to my email or by a phone call.

Comment

More threads on newsletters

Comment

I started out with an email newsletter but then switched to a "classroom site" when it became clear that the parents weren't reading the newsletters.

If you only update it monthly, it only emails your parents monthly. It can also email your parents important event dates like closures and field trips automatically.

I liked that it can be set it to private (invite only) and I could check which of my parents was logging in to read it. I attached photos of the kids to my updates to encourage parents to log in more frequently. After I made the switch, an average of 75% of my parents started reading what I sent out.

Just an idea . . .

Comment

Originally posted by spedmommy4 View Post
                        I started out with an email newsletter but then switched to a "classroom site" when it became clear that the parents weren't reading the newsletters.

If you only update it monthly, it only emails your parents monthly. It can also email your parents important event dates like closures and field trips automatically.

I liked that it can be set it to private (invite only) and I could check which of my parents was logging in to read it. I attached photos of the kids to my updates to encourage parents to log in more frequently. After I made the switch, an average of 75% of my parents started reading what I sent out.

Just an idea . . .
                        I love the classroom site. You can also see the last time a parent logged in, which is GREAT.

I always forget to update it though. I try to put the pictures I take up there but I'm not the best at remembering I do have all my closed dates in there, and it automatically emails the parents a reminder 1 week before. Which is great but they still forget (I have taken to putting a sign over the sign in sheet they MUST flip up to sign in and out a week before).

Comment

I have categories that I make into a list. I do one a month. A sentence or two at the top also (might include an announcement or reminder). This is September's Example:

Themes
                          All About Me
                          School
                          Friendship
                          Apples

Some Of Our Stories
                          Annie Bannanie
                          Who Said Red?
                          School Bus
                          The Kissing Hand
                          Who Will Be My Friend?

Science Spot
                          Magnets

Color & Shape
                          Red. Circles

Cooking Fun
                          Friendship Fruit Salad

Some of our Art
                          School Bus
                          Me Puppet
                          Dot Art
                          Apples
                          Sticker art on T-shirt cut-out

Nursery Rhyme. Fairy Tale. Field Trip
                          Mary Had A a Little Lamb. Little Red Hen. Apple Orchard

I don't do a straight list down the side of the page. These are placed all over the page. Sort of like the nursery rhyme, field trip, and fairy tale example.

I may have a sentence at the bottom too.

Comment

Ooooops this shifted after I posted so the fairy tale, field trip example didn't work out!

Comment

That is a great idea!
                              Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-21-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X