Advice on Cloth Diapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Cloth Diapers

I know there are other threads and I've read them. My issue is the particular brand...I'm not sure what it is....the wet bag is wet on the outside?!? I discovered this today and am not happy after I explained that the wet bag needs to contain all waste otherwise it's not sanitary blah, blah, blah. To say the least I am not pleased.

Also, this is my first time dealing with cloth and I'm finding it difficult to manage. I can change a poopy disposable in record time. Not so with these. They are not pre folds and to be honest barely fit the baby. I know I need to have a talk. I'm so much better at email but this is bothering me today. He is the easiest baby also but this is a huge negative IMO. He's already had 2 changes of clothes, which is difficult to manage as well and he's now in a disposable. Mom has said she doesn't want to use disposables. I guess this is kind of a vent but how do I word it so it does seem like I cant handle my job?

I would tell her:
    1- You need different wet bags tomorrow.
    2- if the diaper is not containing the wet/mess, then they are not suitable for daycare.

I used cloth on my own and daycare kids. Whenever I had an issue, I just told them what you stated. It is not sanitary for a wet bag to be leaking. It is not sanitary for a diaper to continuously be leaking in a daycare environment. For the diaper issue, they either need to strip the diapers or add absorbency. Or switch brands.

Or it is disposables.

Let dcm decide what works for her.

Comment

Also just wanted to add:

You are doing your job and are capable.

The equipment dcm has provided you is not doing it's job. Wet bags need to contain the mess. Diapers need to contain the mess. It's no biggie. Just explain to dcm what you need in order to continue to use the cloth. If she doesn't want to use disposables, she'll make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MunchkinWrangler View Post
        I know there are other threads and I've read them. My issue is the particular brand...I'm not sure what it is....the wet bag is wet on the outside?!? I discovered this today and am not happy after I explained that the wet bag needs to contain all waste otherwise it's not sanitary blah, blah, blah. To say the least I am not pleased.

Also, this is my first time dealing with cloth and I'm finding it difficult to manage. I can change a poopy disposable in record time. Not so with these. They are not pre folds and to be honest barely fit the baby. I know I need to have a talk. I'm so much better at email but this is bothering me today. He is the easiest baby also but this is a huge negative IMO. He's already had 2 changes of clothes, which is difficult to manage as well and he's now in a disposable. Mom has said she doesn't want to use disposables. I guess this is kind of a vent but how do I word it so it does seem like I cant handle my job?
        What type of wet bag is this? Can you post pictures of the wet bag? What brand are the pre-fold diapers? I have CD families and they all use pocket type diapers but I've never had issue with any of them.

My one mom actually makes her own diapers and wet bags but she uses a special material for the wet bag so that it is waterproof.

I wish ALL my families used cloth diapers.

Comment

My current cloth family brings an empty wet bag, in the daily bag w clean dipes. I just zip up the wet bag then zip up the bag bag. No smell. But they are quality diapers and wet bags. Just a cheap diaper bag to tote it all in. I also require it not to be their "diaper bag" it only has diapers and an extra change of clothes in it. Nothing else.

I would tell mom calmly
          "Hey Sally, his wet bag is wicking so he will need it replaced. Also, the diapers you sent today leaked again. You'll need to either send different ones or figure out why these are leaking. I want to support your cloth diapering but I can't unless urine and feces can be contained in them.
          You can send disposable until you get it all figured out. "

Comment

Cloth diapers are not difficult. What you've been given makes it extra yucky and challenging.

A wet bag shouldn't leak. Sounds like the PUL, or other waterproof backing, has worn out or just isn't there. Ask for a different wet bag.

If the diapers are too small then say they need to be bigger and they must contain urine and bowel movements without leaks.
            Are you making sure you pull out the thighs completely? I squish the crotch part of the diaper so it's less wide and had to always ensure my daughter's thighs were FULLY out and the elastic was in the crease of her leg or else they would leak.

Comment

They are called Planet Wise. I've never heard of it. The outside of the bag is cloth but I assumed there was some sort of lining in it.

BC the diapers are not pre folds. I wish they were as I've heard good things about them and how easy to use they are.

CM: thanks I need that extra encouragement, I'm learning but still have a hard time with face to face stuff and I need to address this today, so of course I'll have this nervous feeling all day. And I don't know what the issue could be or if I'm just not doing it right. I also feel like they cloths are too small. I wish they were pre folds!!

LM: I like that wording because I do want to support the use of cloth diapers and don't want to come off sounding like I'm annoyed by it. I am but I want to just take the emotions out. She doesn't need to know nor will she understand or care that the extra time managing the cloth diapers causes a supervision issue for me.
              Attached Files

Comment

They are called Planet Wise. I've never heard of it. The outside of the bag is cloth but I assumed there was some sort of lining in it.

BC the diapers are not pre folds. I wish they were as I've heard good things about them and how easy to use they are.

CM: thanks I need that extra encouragement, I'm learning but still have a hard time with face to face stuff and I need to address this today, so of course I'll have this nervous feeling all day. And I don't know what the issue could be or if I'm just not doing it right. I also feel like they cloths are too small. I wish they were pre folds!!

LM: I like that wording because I do want to support the use of cloth diapers and don't want to come off sounding like I'm annoyed by it. I am but I want to just take the emotions out. She doesn't need to know nor will she understand or care that the extra time managing the cloth diapers causes a supervision issue for me.
                Her PUL is probably bad in the bag. What brand are the diapers? I had a planet wise PUL go bad and it leaked. Had to buy a new one.

Comment

Also cloth diapers should not fit like disposables. The elastic should be on the inner thigh. Waist elastic below belly button.

Comment

🎥 How to Put on a Cloth Diaper Properly- Pocket Style! - YouTube

Comment

And I guess I'm really annoyed because, like normal, I stressed and made it so crystal clear that the wet bag needed to contain everything or I couldn't use it. I did make the supply disposables , licensing will not have it any other way, and that if it wasn't sanitary i.e. leaky, smelly, and something that won't cause controversy that would be the end of it or not at all.

Ugh!:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by NillaWafers View Post
                        Also cloth diapers should not fit like disposables. The elastic should be on the inner thigh. Waist elastic below belly button.
                        I'm doing the newspaper fold, that's the version they taught me. The diaper cover fits and I make sure to tuck in the cloth and it velcros at the waist. The other bags seemed to be fine this one was different and obviously half wet on the outside. I have it in a plastic bag at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by NillaWafers View Post
                          🎥 How to Put on a Cloth Diaper Properly- Pocket Style! - YouTube
                          http://youtu.be/MzEL3ESZ21c
                          I wish it was this style! I have a 3 pronged clasp thingy to hold the cloth together and the diaper cover has to be put on separately.

Comment

Oh no. You need all in one.
                            No way would I do a two step method on dc.
                            Noe. Aio only.

Comment

I wish it was this style! I have a 3 pronged clasp thingy to hold the cloth together and the diaper cover has to be put on separately.
                              See I have one of my daycare babies in pocket diapers... never had issues the whole year I've had her. The only thing is because dad put ointment on her for a slight rash last week, I now have to have them strip the inserts because now they aren't absorbing correctly. (Dad didn't know not to put greasy creams on or it changes the way the cloth works)

Comment

Working...
                              X