Sickness Drama...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
    First, drop the pay by day. You're not a teenaged babysitter-I wouldn't let them just drop in and out as they feel you deserve. Give them a new contract with a stronger illness policy, and tell them that they're now paying 52 weeks/year.

Second, HOW KIND of them to go spread the illness around to ANOTHER childcare! That REALLY gets me!

I'd start advertising for a replacement and replace them as soon as I could.
    All of this! They shouldn't be "using" you!

Comment

Yeah, they're not happy about rules being enforced. I may very well loose them over this but I refuse to be disrespected. They said they because I am legally unliscesned (I follow all the rules ratios wise, pay taxes etc but remain unliscesned because my space isn't big enough to make liscensing worth it) they shouldn't have to abide by rules.
      I actually used the line "I am not a teenaged baby sitter" so thanks Leigh for that! *sigh* from people who have been here for 3 years, I can't believe how disrepcetful and degrading their last message was

Comment

Originally posted by finsup View Post
        Yeah, they're not happy about rules being enforced. I may very well loose them over this but I refuse to be disrespected. They said they because I am legally unliscesned (I follow all the rules ratios wise, pay taxes etc but remain unliscesned because my space isn't big enough to make liscensing worth it) they shouldn't have to abide by rules.
        I actually used the line "I am not a teenaged baby sitter" so thanks Leigh for that! *sigh* from people who have been here for 3 years, I can't believe how disrepcetful and degrading their last message was
        Oh my goodness. I would not keep a client who said that to me. I would not want them back in my house and would be terming with no refund. Sorry that you are dealing with that.

Comment

They don't have to abide by the rules, they are free to go. They only have to follow the rules of your business if they wish to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by childcaremom View Post
            Oh my goodness. I would not keep a client who said that to me. I would not want them back in my house and would be terming with no refund. Sorry that you are dealing with that.
            So much this! What does licensing have to do with it? A lot of us are legaly unlicensed but still run a perfectly legal business with rules. Also licensing rules are very different from business rules so even licensed home daycares make their own set of rules.

Some people are just so rude and entitled!

Comment

Originally posted by finsup View Post
              Because of that statement alone, I would terminate services effective immediately.
              Rules are in place to protect you, your clients and the children you care for.
              I don't care if a parent doesn't understand WHY they are in place, but if you walk through my front door, you better believe you will abide by them or you can walk your tukus right back out.

Comment

Working...
              X