Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When A Potential Family Puts It Aaalllll Out in The Open Before Interview...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveArmour View Post
    I blame you for the child I just woke up with "head on desk" laughter. ::
    blame accepted

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
      ::::

Run. Now. Do not look back. If you look back you may trip and she will catch you and shove you back up in her womb...
      ::

Sorry...that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard...can't get past it
      Old school here. I was thinking of the episode of Inliving Color when Jimmy Carrey (when he used to be known as the "white guy" LOL) is the son of a lady. He's like 21 and she refused to cut the cord. As punishment, she put him back inside of her. My husband used to laugh at it, but I thought it was so disturbing.

Comment

Ditto! LOL :: Haven't had a good laugh today!

I had a family who was like this but even worse they hid it well until DCB started. Mom did everything in her power to limit his time here, he was 10 months, so he never adapted to care. She wanted to 'socialize' him. I even opened for them early, worst mistake ever, my days were miserable with the few hours he was here with the screaming and scaring all the other kids. Every week they would find a way to shorten his days here. Finally, after 2 months they termed, Gramma was moving in to take care of DCB. I was honest and let them know it didn't really seem like they wanted him here and I don't know why they chose me to provide care, since they never really truly seemed to trust me. It was a blessing in disguise, every little bump and bruise was questioned and I was always asked if he had a concussion, broken something, on and on and on.
        This family sounds like them, especially since grandparents already are in the picture.
        Like everyone said RUN and DON'T look back!

Comment

Mom has got to change her intro.....
          Providers will be lacing up their Nikes everywhere.

Comment

Oh my lordy you all had me cracking up!! I was pretty set on saying no waaaaay after the first couple comments. Now I'm feeling so silly for even considering it. You're all right -- the womb comment IS really weird. My son is 2 and I love his independence he is gaining more and more of everyday. I think she would be nothing but problems. TY lovethis

Comment

Nope. NO!

I would be honest with her though "I do not think he is ready for group care. He would be one of # children here, the state ratio is 1 to #. Realistically no licensed provider with other children in care will be able to hold him for the duration of naps. I recommend a nanny."

I had this mom. I was crying daily by the time the kid was 4 months old. I stuck it out. I termed at 9m. The more the child grew, the less I could meet his CONSTANT demands for attention. Let alone deal with Moms craziness. I answered her 3rd phone call of the day and the baby was crying in my arms. She started freaking out! "OH MY GOD WHY IS HE CRYING?!" and I had to say "BECAUSE YOUR PHONE CALL WOKE HIM UP, SINCE HE WON'T SLEEP ANYWHERE OUTSIDE MY ARMS!"

Comment

I had a family with nearly this exact situation! And I would say NOOOOOO.....the experience with them was awful DCB would NOT nap unless I carried him, would NOT eat unless I spoon fed him every bite (he was 15m), would not play with toys unless I was sitting with him in my lap. If I didn't do these things he shrieked persistently...one time it was for the entire hour my Food Program lady was in, she was amazed at his lung capacity. Mommy was a total nut-case, she wanted me to text/send photos of everything he was doing every hour...she would actually text me asking if everything was OK if I went for too long without sending something, I have the same app you describe and she STILL wasn't satisfied! Needless to say....after only 3 months I gave up, couldn't take it anymore.

Comment

Maybe I just like a challenge, maybe I just look at the positive side in everything ... maybe I just like self-torture ... in any case I'm open to give almost any situation a chance (hence my 2-week trial).

With that being said however, I would address and openly talk about every concern with the DCM. And I mean everything ... naps, holding him, separation anxiety, falls and bruises, uncontrollable crying etc.

"DCM, Snowflake is held every nap for the entire nap. You do realize that I can't do that right? And you realize that he's going to have a REALLY hard time with that the first couple of weeks right? He's going to cry. Especially the first few days, he'll probably cry the whole nap time until he gets used to the new routine. And you do realize that if he continues to be held during nap when he's not here that it'll make his transition here even harder on him right? How do you feel about that?"

Just like she did with you, you need to address all of your concerns with her if you're thinking about saying yes to her. Hit her with the reality of what her son's experience at a daycare is going to be like ... maybe she'll make the decision for you and decide to get a nanny instead ::

Comment

I wanted to add that I've had two really bad "helicopter" moms that were a lot like how you describe your potential DCM and in both cases it ended up being ok. One DCM was terrible in particular but she's the mom that I grew a backbone with (and the reason why I went from a 2 page contract and no handbook to a 5 page contract and a 25 page handbook front and back) but once I gave them the reality talk of how things were going to be things did work out. Maybe because I had the mentality that if things didn't work out and were too stressful I always had an out (because of my awesome provider no-notice termination policy) and because I was ok with the idea that DCM's could potentially decide to change their minds and keep their kiddo's home. I really didn't care either way. If things worked out GREAT! If they didn't that was ok too.

If you do decide to give them a try talk about every concern you have and don't be afraid to give them a conditional 2-week trial that when the end is reached you can revisit and decide whether to extend another 2 weeks or not etc. and put it in their contract along with every concern you and mom brought up and what you both agreed to ... like how long was ok for her son to cry for before calling her to pick up etc.

Comment

Run fast and run far. Don't look back. Don't pass Go. Don't collect $200.

Comment

Honestly I would probably start by trying to sort out the difference in opinion between your DH and your fiancee. You said what your fiancee thinks but not your husband. (everyone is different I don't judge your lifestyle, just seems like a legit conflict to sort out)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Honestly I would probably start by trying to sort out the difference in opinion between your DH and your fiancee. You said what your fiancee thinks but not your husband. (everyone is different I don't judge your lifestyle, just seems like a legit conflict to sort out)
                          Left field.....

Comment

Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                            Left field.....
                            :: ...right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              Probably just an attempt to be funny

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                                Probably just an attempt to be funny
                                Didn't work out so well :dislike:

Comment

Working...
                                X