Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When A Potential Family Puts It Aaalllll Out in The Open Before Interview...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When A Potential Family Puts It Aaalllll Out in The Open Before Interview...

So if anyone remembers, just recently termed my original DCK, 2 year old for not getting along with my son. Did some soul searching and found my niche is with the babies. 6months-18 months is what I prefer, although I'm not going to advertise that.

So now I have an open spot to fill for full-time. This DCM contacted me when I first opened a year ago and said she was about to have a baby and she needed childcare. Didn't know what arrangements would be yet, would keep in touch. Now her baby is a year old and she is *really* wanting to put him in my home daycare. I guess grandmas have been watching him back and forth for the year and now mom wants consistency.

Perfect age, perfect hours.

Potential DCM? Oh good lord!!!

She is a nervous wreck and we haven't even met face to face yet. She says her baby is attached to her hip and would crawl back into the womb if he could. She's mentioning things like 'I have a pit in my stomach even thinking about it' and 'not that I'm nervous about your care, I'm nervous he's going to think I am abandoning him'. I have found a couple parents feel this way and once their child hits my floor with all those new toys, then its " mom who?! " She also wants her mom, dad and husbands mother to come to the interview. I can already feel my armpits sweating with how awkward that one would be!

At first I was reassuring her that I do have play cams that she could check in on her son any time of day, I use an app to log diaper changes, feeding etc..All that good stuff. I initially thought she was a crazy mom but then turned negative thoughts into positive and tried to see it as a challenge. My thoughts were, "See it as a challenge to give this mom peace of mind. After a few weeks of your care, she'll trust you and be an awesome DCP".

My DH calls me a little after this and I told him my thought process. Happy for myself I tried to see the positive in it, instead of immediately going, NOPE! Crazy mom! Don't want that nonsense in my daycare. Fiance says *absolutely* NOT! He thinks she would be the kind of person to go ape S*$@ the second her son got a bruise or a bump.

So I'm stewing on it. The kicker is, she just sent me another email explaining that the entire year he's been on earth, both g-ma's hold him his *entire* nap. :confused: :confused: :confused: I definitely would not do that in a million years.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with my fiance on this one!!

Thoughts?!

I would pass on this. I think when we have to go so far overboard just to get them to start, we are asking for trouble. In my experience, these people just don't seem to ever tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by KristinsHomeCC View Post
      So if anyone remembers, just recently termed my original DCK, 2 year old for not getting along with my son. Did some soul searching and found my niche is with the babies. 6months-18 months is what I prefer, although I'm not going to advertise that.

So now I have an open spot to fill for full-time. This DCM contacted me when I first opened a year ago and said she was about to have a baby and she needed childcare. Didn't know what arrangements would be yet, would keep in touch. Now her baby is a year old and she is *really* wanting to put him in my home daycare. I guess grandmas have been watching him back and forth for the year and now mom wants consistency.

Perfect age, perfect hours.

Potential DCM? Oh good lord!!!

She is a nervous wreck and we haven't even met face to face yet. She says her baby is attached to her hip and would crawl back into the womb if he could. She's mentioning things like 'I have a pit in my stomach even thinking about it' and 'not that I'm nervous about your care, I'm nervous he's going to think I am abandoning him'. I have found a couple parents feel this way and once their child hits my floor with all those new toys, then its " mom who?! " She also wants her mom, dad and husbands mother to come to the interview. I can already feel my armpits sweating with how awkward that one would be!

At first I was reassuring her that I do have play cams that she could check in on her son any time of day, I use an app to log diaper changes, feeding etc..All that good stuff. I initially thought she was a crazy mom but then turned negative thoughts into positive and tried to see it as a challenge. My thoughts were, "See it as a challenge to give this mom peace of mind. After a few weeks of your care, she'll trust you and be an awesome DCP".

My DH calls me a little after this and I told him my thought process. Happy for myself I tried to see the positive in it, instead of immediately going, NOPE! Crazy mom! Don't want that nonsense in my daycare. Fiance says *absolutely* NOT! He thinks she would be the kind of person to go ape S*$@ the second her son got a bruise or a bump.

So I'm stewing on it. The kicker is, she just sent me another email explaining that the entire year he's been on earth, both g-ma's hold him his *entire* nap. :confused: :confused: :confused: I definitely would not do that in a million years.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with my fiance on this one!!

Thoughts?!
      I got as far a the part about crawling back into the womb....

Step outside for a minute and listen.

You should be able to hear me screaming NOOOOOOOOOO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!" from there.

Comment

I would meet with them if it were me. I would get a feel for how they interact with me and their kid. I can' t tell a whole lot by how they "act" over emails etc. Some parents put up a good front and then two weeks later they barely care what the kid is doing with you! My current mom was just like this....pretended to be super stressed and worried but then tried to skip transition because she didn't want to pay for it, she also dismisses any concerns I have...essentially is super fake Look for attachement issues with this child. It sounds like he may already have some. Those can be difficult to deal with. Most neurotic moms are not able to provide emotionally for their children so the child gets erratic care from them.

Comment

I think I'd have to pass. I'm so done with drama llamas. I don't need another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Step outside for a minute and listen.

You should be able to hear me screaming NOOOOOOOOOO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!" from there.
            Was that you?! ::::::

Comment

Originally posted by KristinsHomeCC View Post
              The kicker is, she just sent me another email explaining that the entire year he's been on earth, both g-ma's hold him his *entire* nap.
              I can deal with nervous moms. I look at it the same way you were trying to look at it -- a challenge to be overcome; she'll get to know and trust me with time.

The nap thing would be the deal breaker for me, though. I can't and won't hold a child for an entire nap time. As much as I love cuddling with "my" babies and could use an excuse to just sit, rock and relax for 2 hours, it's not healthy for the baby and it's unrealistic to expect me to be able to do that every afternoon when I have other kids in my care.

Comment

I may be the most easygoing provider on the planet, and even I think you should pass on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                  ::::

Run. Now. Do not look back. If you look back you may trip and she will catch you and shove you back up in her womb...
                  ::

Sorry...that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard...can't get past it

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                    Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
                    ::::

Run. Now. Do not look back. If you look back you may trip and she will catch you and shove you back up in her womb...
                    ::

Sorry...that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard...can't get past it
                    Yep! :: That was me...

When a parent is trying to downplay their behaviors or is mentioning this type of thing BEFORE hand....its almost always a sign for 10000000000% high maintenance and in a way I believe these types of mom's really dont want to work and be away from their babies (can't blame them) so they kind of do things to self-sabotage things...kwim?

It's the self-admitting that I can't get past.
                    That is MORE than a red flag...

Comment

Darn, I just filled the slot! But thank you for your interest in my childcare. All the best........

Next!

Comment

Ok, I almost cried I laughed so hard about all the shoving-into-womb stuff. But seriously, here's some wisdom:

“When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.”

― Maya Angelou

Comment

I also got you these...

because I'm worried about you and because finding them was more fun than entering my food program stuff
                          Attached Files

Comment

I got cross-eyed reading that. I wouldn't enroll them. I don't do high maintenance well.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
                              I also got you these...

because I'm worried about you and because finding them was more fun than entering my food program stuff
                              I blame you for the child I just woke up with "head on desk" laughter. ::

Comment

Working...
                              X