Ohio Providers! I Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will caution you that the zoo is becoming more strict on this policy. I'm guessing they were seeing a lot of abuse. If you read the fine print on the flyer they mail you with your membership card, it does state that they have the power to revoke your membership without a refund if you abuse your pass. If you need to bring additional children I would recommend getting the family plus membership. That allows you to bring up to two additional guests on each visit. You can also ask the parents of the children you watch if they have a membership. If they do, their children are already covered and you can check the children in under their parent's pass.
    With the PLUS you have to name the extra people on your pass - I don't think it can be used for just anyone unless they have recently changed their policy.

Comment

Originally posted by momofboys View Post
      With the PLUS you have to name the extra people on your pass - I don't think it can be used for just anyone unless they have recently changed their policy.
      It says they can be named or unnamed. But when I was clicking through membership it didn't ask names of children. If they ones on plus are unnamed you just get a generic pass and they have to come with someone named. If you get them named, they can go by themselves or take others on your membership or someone with a generic pass and get the free parking.

Comment

Hi I work in the Zoo’s membership office and this conversation was brought to our attention through our social media monitoring site. The membership ONLY covers the children of the 2 primary adults in the household that are listed on the membership cards. Abuse of this policy can result in your membership being revoked without refund. I would recommend the Family Plus membership and leave your guests unnamed so you can bring 2 additional people with you every time you come. Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Hi I work in the Zoo’s membership office and this conversation was brought to our attention through our social media monitoring site. The membership ONLY covers the children of the 2 primary adults in the household that are listed on the membership cards. Abuse of this policy can result in your membership being revoked without refund. I would recommend the Family Plus membership and leave your guests unnamed so you can bring 2 additional people with you every time you come. Thank you !
          Well crud looks like there is no way we are going to be able to afford the Zoo. It would cost us $100 to go just once. Parents are not going to be willing to pay that.

Comment

I dont think im brave enough to take 4 extras to the zoo (in addition to my own), so this would still work for me. Perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa's Little Lambs View Post
              I dont think im brave enough to take 4 extras to the zoo (in addition to my own), so this would still work for me. Perhaps...
              Yeah my youngest is 17, so I have four DCKS right now and DD would be going with me to help. But it doesn't look like I can make this affordable. The two unnamed passes wouldn't be enough for all my daycare kiddos. I think they should do some kind of daycare or business passes! You know maybe it costs a little more, but the rules would be different.

Comment

You could call the zoo and tell them your situation. They may have a deal for a home daycare or would create one. Big daycares bring busloads of kids to places in our area so they must be getting some kind of deal. I lived in Cincinnati when my kids were small and we bought a family pass to that zoo (LOVE that zoo). You could check both zoos.

I'm not sure how old your dc kids are but there is a nationwide thing called kidsbowlfree.com I have used it the last two years for me and my grandkids. They get two free games a day all summer and into October I think. I think you have to pay for shoes but you could charge the parent per visit. My grandson even 'bowled' when he was as young as 3 because they give you a ramp, upon request, that they just roll the ball down the alley with. You do have to put the kid's names down though but if it is just for the summer hopefully you won't have a big turnover. If the kids are around the same age as those names on the passes they probably won't even notice but it does list a name and age on each daily pass (which you get through your email weekly for the upcoming week). Come to think of it the parents could sign their own kids up and give you the week's worth of passes to use as needed. I know it sounds confusing so check out the website and see if it would work and if your bowling alley participates.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
                  You could call the zoo and tell them your situation. They may have a deal for a home daycare or would create one. Big daycares bring busloads of kids to places in our area so they must be getting some kind of deal. I lived in Cincinnati when my kids were small and we bought a family pass to that zoo (LOVE that zoo). You could check both zoos.

I'm not sure how old your dc kids are but there is a nationwide thing called kidsbowlfree.com I have used it the last two years for me and my grandkids. They get two free games a day all summer and into October I think. I think you have to pay for shoes but you could charge the parent per visit. My grandson even 'bowled' when he was as young as 3 because they give you a ramp, upon request, that they just roll the ball down the alley with. You do have to put the kid's names down though but if it is just for the summer hopefully you won't have a big turnover. If the kids are around the same age as those names on the passes they probably won't even notice but it does list a name and age on each daily pass (which you get through your email weekly for the upcoming week). Come to think of it the parents could sign their own kids up and give you the week's worth of passes to use as needed. I know it sounds confusing so check out the website and see if it would work and if your bowling alley participates.
                  I had forgotten about the bowling. We used to have that here, I will have to check into it. When DD used to go, I bought her a pair of cheap bowling shoes so it was totally free.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
                    I had forgotten about the bowling. We used to have that here, I will have to check into it. When DD used to go, I bought her a pair of cheap bowling shoes so it was totally free.
                    Oh cheap bowling shoes is a good idea. Where did you find them for kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
                      Oh cheap bowling shoes is a good idea. Where did you find them for kids?
                      When it was just DD, I ordered a cheap pair online. I may start looking at the thrift store for the DCK's though. I guess I need to check shoe sizes tomorrow!

Comment

There is also a program called kids skate free. Boonshoft Museum is fantastic, and last time I checked they offered a group rate that was only around $5/person. Take a second pair of eyes though if you have really little ones or wanderers. They have an indoor playground that spans both levels of the museum. It is not closed off. So if you're upstairs you can go down the slide and be free to roam the lower part of the museum. Scary! There is also the Vandalia indoor waterpark. Small, usually uncrowded and about $7 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Growing like weeds View Post
                          There is also a program called kids skate free. Boonshoft Museum is fantastic, and last time I checked they offered a group rate that was only around $5/person. Take a second pair of eyes though if you have really little ones or wanderers. They have an indoor playground that spans both levels of the museum. It is not closed off. So if you're upstairs you can go down the slide and be free to roam the lower part of the museum. Scary! There is also the Vandalia indoor waterpark. Small, usually uncrowded and about $7 I think.
                          THANK YOU! I just called Boonshoft museum. I had not heard of it. They are happy to give me a membership and allow me to bring the DCK's on it!!!!

Comment

Awesome!happyface

Comment

Oh My Gosh. We went to Boonshoft Museum in Dayton today. What an amazing place! The kids had a blast and I had so much fun just watching them. They have a mini indoor zoo, different "buildings" inside from a courtroom, to a vet office where the kids can dress up and play the parts! The water table(s) are amazing! I could go on and on about this. It is all hands on type stuff. Science, and space, role playing, etc they have it all. If you are ever in the area and have a day to blow (we will be going back there was so much part of it felt rushed to me for time), you gotta go here!

I was just checking out the one in Springfield Ohio and they are closing it. They may reopen it, it is a location issue right now. I am hoping to cram in a trip there before they close it.

Comment

So glad you enjoyed Boonshoft. My boys LOVED it when they were younger. We checked out that Vandalia Rec Center with my kids yesterday & I was wrong about the # of slides BUT it was an awesome indoor pool with splash area/buckets & lots of area that is just 1 foot of water. There is a big twisty slide for older kids. My boys had a blast - plus there are gyms that can be played in for basketball, etc. Lots of fun for my boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X