Throwing in the Towel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
    Ok, I know I'm not a sociopath, but when 90% of daycare children leave for good- I don't even miss them.

I'm awesome at my job. Warm, loving, affectionate, I get to know their personalities, likes and dislikes and all of their little quirks. I LIKE all of them.

I only can say I have loved a few. Those children I still think of, mention or my own family mention and one I have kept in touch with. (Same age as my 16 yo dd/they are friends).
    How do you sleep at night?! :::: I am kidding!

I am right there with you! Some kids leave and I am sorry to see them go but only a few really upset me. When I Shut my daycare down for a year though I thought I'd never do this again and I really grieved the memories that were made in my home. It's like the end of a chapter.

Comment

Ok, I know I'm not a sociopath, but when 90% of daycare children leave for good- I don't even miss them.

I'm awesome at my job. Warm, loving, affectionate, I get to know their personalities, likes and dislikes and all of their little quirks. I LIKE all of them.

I only can say I have loved a few. Those children I still think of, mention or my own family mention and one I have kept in touch with. (Same age as my 16 yo dd/they are friends).
      guilty here too....

Comment

Yep, me too.

Comment

This is me as well. They are not my children. I care for them, love them, but when it's time to go, it's time to go. I've only had a few age out in the 2 years I've been open, but I don't see my outlook changing.

Comment

Same here

Comment

Working...
            X