I'm Mean ....HAHAHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
    I'm an odd Mom out: I've done that once. we just started the daycare (2-3 weeks into), and normally, she'd wake up by 7-7.30, but she kept sleeping. when she wasn't up by 8, I sent my husband to work. she woke up at 9.30 (I was one lucky mama that day, I guess), and I was just like, screw that... texted the director that we'll be back tomorrow cause she overslept. I could not bring myself to wake her up.
    and once I kept her home because her nose was runny. I mean, like, sneeze-snot-5-yards-down runny, all night. no one slept that night, she kept sneezing and waking up... same thing, ah, screw that, stay home. no fever, no cough, nothing, just A LOT of snot.

watch my song change when I have more than just one easy child
    I would need that in writing and notarized by your center before I could consider it

Lightning... it's real and it does strike
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
      I'm just shocked that she took the other child back home! I bet he was acting off in the car and when you said that she probably though better to just bring them back home then risk leaving child there and having to come back out in a couple of hours to get them
      I thought she only brought one kid?

Wasnt the other already staying home?

Maybe I read OP wrong? Its been one of those days...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I thought she only brought one kid?

Wasnt the other already staying home?

Maybe I read OP wrong? Its been one of those days...
        No, I meant that I was surprised she took the child she brought back home, but didn't write it out the right way ::

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
          I would need that in writing and notarized by your center before I could consider it

Lightning... it's real and it does strike
          I'd ask the director, but she probably doesn't remember. I remember she didn't sound all too surprised, so maybe she has more of those "50 grams and no school" type parents although, the client I canceled because of a snotty night may, I'm not sure... cause I called and in a panicky voice said, "I can't come, [name] is sick, no one slept last night, she's staying home!" (and God knows, I wanted to sleep, too, and not scrub someone's toilets for 3-4 hours.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
            I'm an odd Mom out: I've done that once. we just started the daycare (2-3 weeks into), and normally, she'd wake up by 7-7.30, but she kept sleeping. when she wasn't up by 8, I sent my husband to work. she woke up at 9.30 (I was one lucky mama that day, I guess), and I was just like, screw that... texted the director that we'll be back tomorrow cause she overslept. I could not bring myself to wake her up.
            and once I kept her home because her nose was runny. I mean, like, sneeze-snot-5-yards-down runny, all night. no one slept that night, she kept sneezing and waking up... same thing, ah, screw that, stay home. no fever, no cough, nothing, just A LOT of snot.

watch my song change when I have more than just one easy child
            I could have seen me doing that when mine were little if I could have afforded the time off work. But you can bet my backside I would have been back in bed until little one woke up also!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
              No, I meant that I was surprised she took the child she brought back home, but didn't write it out the right way ::
              So the "tired" kid was up and in the car and she just brought in the school ager in her jammies? Hmmmm methinks she was up all night cleaning puke.

I'd be grilling the six year old like a cheese sammich first thing in the morning. After years of binge watching Forensic Files, I'm a near expert in interrogation technique.

Comment

So the "tired" kid was up and in the car and she just brought in the school ager in her jammies? Hmmmm methinks she was up all night cleaning puke.

I'd be grilling the six year old like a cheese sammich first thing in the morning. After years of binge watching Forensic Files, I'm a near expert in interrogation technique.
                :: I think I just spit water on my screen.

Comment

Oh I agree the child that was staying home initially was most likely sick. Probably mom thought she'd drop the healthy child off and maybe get back to bed. When the OP called her out, she prolly thought "S*%!T !!!! I can't change my story now!" :: Because really, if the other child was truly just tired, why not every one sleep in and bring them in later (if allowed by DCP)

Comment

You ladies totally called it!!

I texted her how dcb was and she said he was up all night coughing. He's getting a cold.

I would of loved to grill the older sibling but she's only 2 so she probably would of given random answers!

The siblings are 8 months and 2.5 ..... she was doing what was easiest for herself!

I was honestly waiting for her to say he was teething ::
                    Oh wait that will be next week!!

Comment

Originally posted by KBCsMommy View Post

I texted her how dcb was and she said he was up all night coughing. He's getting a cold.

I would of loved to grill the older sibling but she's only 2 so she probably would of given random answers!

The siblings are 8 months and 2.5 ..... she was doing what was easiest for herself!

I have a grumpy infant here and he is always "teething"... he didn't get a tooth until 1 year! I just stopped telling dcm. So sick of excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by KBCsMommy View Post

I don't know where I got the older one was six?

Yeah 2.5 is a little young to get info.

I'm still going with puke as in "he's coughing so hard he's puking" puke. She laid down the foundation for that one.

I would be on red alert for both of them tomorrow being sick. Ask her point blank if either of them have had meds within the last 24 hours. There's no over the counter cough syrup so any cough medicine is either tylenol meds, advil, or benadryl meds.

If they have had any meds refuse them at the door.

It's a rare parent who will keep a kid home for a cough even if it's bad.... unless there are other unhideable symptoms like fever and vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
                          I could have seen me doing that when mine were little if I could have afforded the time off work. But you can bet my backside I would have been back in bed until little one woke up also!
                          I had a "job" but this was not a part of it, it was more like "can you come clean?" (no, I can't).
                          I ended up giving her a half-dose of Benadryl, and off to the Morpheus' kingdom we both went...

Comment

Is it normal to have a policy in place to refuse all siblings if one is sick?

Comment

Please don't flame me, but I honestly don't see what the problem is. Trust me, I totally get it's your worst family and it would be nice to have both kids stay home and give ya a break, I really get that, but if one child was up alot during the night for whatever reason and the mom is beat and the other child is healthy, why not bring him/her? Maybe the mom needs to rest because she was up all night? Or did I not read it right? Again, I don't mean to be snarky, but just trying to understand the situation. If it's because you think the one child is sick and the other one may come down with it too, I mean all of the kids could come down with something from anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
                                Please don't flame me, but I honestly don't see what the problem is. Trust me, I totally get it's your worst family and it would be nice to have both kids stay home and give ya a break, I really get that, but if one child was up alot during the night for whatever reason and the mom is beat and the other child is healthy, why not bring him/her? Maybe the mom needs to rest because she was up all night? Or did I not read it right? Again, I don't mean to be snarky, but just trying to understand the situation. If it's because you think the one child is sick and the other one may come down with it too, I mean all of the kids could come down with something from anywhere.
                                I agree. I can't imagine much quality time was going on if mom's original story was true (i.e. Child was just up late and she and child were staying home and chilling) or even in the more likely case that the other child was sick and mom had been up all night with them.

But even with as great as clients I have they do tend to "fib" about illness and the severity so that was the part that made me ::

Comment

Working...
                                X