No announcement yet.

My Outdoor Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so question ... Living in New Hampshire I would assume your winters are icky like mine in Michigan. What do you do outdoors in the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
      Okay so question ... Living in New Hampshire I would assume your winters are icky like mine in Michigan. What do you do outdoors in the winter?
      This will actually be my first winter in this house so I am not sure. My old place I had a huge covered porch so we just used that but here I don't so...My tentative plan is to keep a nice sized area cleared of snow and keep a few things in that area to use and put everything else away for the winter. Another option is to keep some stuff in the garage and pull it out to the driveway when we go out to play and then put it back after. The driveway will always be clear so we can play there or I could arrange the garage so the front half is clear and we can play in there with the door open. I have a ton of the outside gates that hook together so I can block off any danger zones and/or the street. I think it will really depend on how much snow we get.

Comment

I love this! What a wonderful place for children to explore their imaginations! I was just wondering how do you handle it with children 3 and under with the small items used in your sensory areas (stones, aquarium rocks, matchbox vehicles, etc.) My regulations would not allow me to have them available to that age group.

Comment

Originally posted by country345 View Post
          I love this! What a wonderful place for children to explore their imaginations! I was just wondering how do you handle it with children 3 and under with the small items used in your sensory areas (stones, aquarium rocks, matchbox vehicles, etc.) My regulations would not allow me to have them available to that age group.
          I have 3 under 3 right now but two are infants so they are in the infant area or the excersaucers and my other under 3 is 22 months and he doesn't put things in his mouth. He has been here since he was 8 weeks old and knows the rules.

Comment

I've started building a fairy scape. I'm so excited. Lol I went to yard sales this a.m. and had it in my mind to see what I could find to enhance an area into a magical little fairy kingdom. I even found a baggie of fairies(not enough for the whole group so I will have to hit Walmart or order from Amazon). But I picked up some cool unique little houses you'd find in fish aquariums, and similar things, that'll work really nicely.

I'm hoping to get a dinosaur corner going too(have lots of dinosaurs). Need to think on a habitat set-up for them. Maybe I'll take out my construction area that they have no interest in. Add rocks, dinosaurs...hmmm wheels are spinning.

Thanks for sharing all your spaces and ideas! It's been inspiring!

Comment

I absolutely love it!! Jeez....Even I wanna play there! You've done a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                I've started building a fairy scape. I'm so excited. Lol I went to yard sales this a.m. and had it in my mind to see what I could find to enhance an area into a magical little fairy kingdom. I even found a baggie of fairies(not enough for the whole group so I will have to hit Walmart or order from Amazon). But I picked up some cool unique little houses you'd find in fish aquariums, and similar things, that'll work really nicely.

I'm hoping to get a dinosaur corner going too(have lots of dinosaurs). Need to think on a habitat set-up for them. Maybe I'll take out my construction area that they have no interest in. Add rocks, dinosaurs...hmmm wheels are spinning.

Thanks for sharing all your spaces and ideas! It's been inspiring!
                These are my next projects, too

Comment

Working...
                X