Help With Twins Sleep Chaos!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosieteddy View Post
    Why not try their own room at night? I myself have started to wake up because of my husband and the two dogs making noises(5 yrs ago I never heard them) Maybe the kids are in a sleep pattern that those sounds wake them?I never used sound or music for my own children.I worked in a daycare room for a year and they used music at nap.I was shocked how well it worked.When I reopened my daycare and everyone was in hearing distance music worked awesome.The phone could ring someone could cry out but the music kept everyone else asleep.I had the same station in every room from 1-3;30 kids woke when it was shut off.They learned that they could not talk or sit up until music was off.They learned this quite young to.I WOULD TRY FOR A WEEK TO GET THEM INTO THEIR OWN ROOM.oN A SIDE NOTE MY CHILDREN SHARED A ROOM AND i THINK IT MADE THEM CLOSER AS ADULTS(THOSE NIGHTLY WHISPERS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS DIDN'T LOOK UP.

If being in separate rooms during the day isn't making a difference (and actually seems to make things worse!) I guess that's why I hesitate to try it at night.

As mentioned above I did try white noise (music was an option) and it also didn't make a difference.

They will definitely be sharing a room when they move out of ours, but not the same crib, which is where that concern lies....being able to sleep independently

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      I am sorry I have no advice... (babies/sleep is not my best area ) but SUPER nice to see you back! lovethis
      You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say it's not your forte either

Not sure if snooping through the board is convincing me to come back, or stay away! Holy buckets reading through some of the struggles, what a jolt to the memory...... either way it's good to reminisce

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
        You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say it's not your forte either

Not sure if snooping through the board is convincing me to come back, or stay away! Holy buckets reading through some of the struggles, what a jolt to the memory...... either way it's good to reminisce
        .....pretty sure it's screaming "come back!" while whispering "it's been a little lonely here without you... "

Babies are Nan's area.... She is really the one you need to touch base with... she should be called the 'baby whisperer' verses 'daycare whisperer'....she just has that magic touch I guess...

Comment

Hopefully she swings by! Either that or I may have to track her down

The need in my area is tremendous. Everyone is asking when I'm coming back, not if.......until I get a grip on this sleep thing though there's just no way that's happening or I'm liable to crack in a "make the evening news" sort of way

Comment

If being in separate rooms during the day isn't making a difference (and actually seems to make things worse!) I guess that's why I hesitate to try it at night.

As mentioned above I did try white noise (music was an option) and it also didn't make a difference.

They will definitely be sharing a room when they move out of ours, but not the same crib, which is where that concern lies....being able to sleep independently
            If they seem to sleep better at night sharing the crib, then maybe try the same thing at nap? I may be missing something, but maybe they need that closeness to fall asleep, so if they get to sleeping better at naps, they will be less over tired and that will help they stay asleep longer at both naps and at night. A lot of twins sleep best with their sibling. They learn to sleep despite the other making noises or movement. They are use to it, because they lived much closer than that for 9 months. Sometimes getting the best sleep during the day means they will get better sleep at night. Many people think if they sleep too much during the day, they won't sleep at night, but in my experience, it was the opposite. I know with Nan's advice (which I read and love), she starts with young babies and the routine and consistency are very key. I would be curious to hear how she handles multiples, though, and if she would let them sleep together or apart. I hope she weighs in too!

Comment

The need in my area is tremendous. Everyone is asking when I'm coming back, not if.......until I get a grip on this sleep thing though there's just no way that's happening or I'm liable to crack in a "make the evening news" sort of way
              Willow I can call you. Pm me your number and we will figure a time out.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I went looking for her for you... ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  I went looking for her for you... ::
                  God bless ya for that! happyface

Comment

She called!!!!

And totally gave me the boot I needed

I think I have a good plan in place and am getting started as I type.

Thanks everyone for all your help! Fingers crossed we're all getting better sleep soon!!!

Comment

She called!!!!

And totally gave me the boot I needed

I think I have a good plan in place and am getting started as I type.

Thanks everyone for all your help! Fingers crossed we're all getting better sleep soon!!!
                      happyfacehappyface

Hoping you have many hours of blissful happy sleeping babies!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X