Blackcat... sprinkler thread!
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
      Blackcat... sprinkler thread!
      ::::

Another forum "classic"!

Comment

Water tables. And this year... Puddles! The rain here in the Midwest has been crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          ::::

Another forum "classic"!
          Links! Links!::::::

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
            Links! Links!::::::
            ...ok, if you insist.

Comment

I have all young ones too (oldest now is 4 but its rare I even have a 4 year old!). I set one day a week for water/sprinkler play and children are to come in wearing bathing suit and sunscreen. We do our water play by 10-10:30am anyway because it starts to get so hot later. I just bring them all in wrapped in their towels and strip them down one at a time and change them, etc. It is a pain in the butt but at least its only once a week!

Comment

Who would think the subject of running through a sprinkler could be so controversial? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
                  Who would think the subject of running through a sprinkler could be so controversial? Lol
                  Right?!? ::

Most the dramatic threads that have morphed into craziness started out very calmly and innocently. ::

Comment

Ahh yes, I love this thread too.

Especially Nan's "I don't want to" post.

Comment

That escalated quickly!::::

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
                        On one hand, I love water play. However, for many years now, I only watch children ages 6 weeks - 4 years old. All of them need help undressing and getting their bathing suits on and then taking their bathing suits off, drying off, and getting dressed again. Every time we start playing with water, someone has to go to the bathroom - even though everyone went potty while getting their bathing suits on. And if a child is inside, I'm required to be inside with them (meaning I can't stay outside with the others playing in the water and just let the one child inside to go potty.) So, we all have to come inside because one child has to pee. And of course that one child is all wet, so I have to dry him/her off first, help them out of their bathing suit, and then put their bathing suit back on them!

It's A LOT of work to let the kids have water play time!

So, I was wondering if any one truly does not ever do water play and if your parents are okay with that.
                        I have never had a parent complain about my programming. Ever.

Having read the 'other' thread, I think that Nan's advice was pretty spot on (and I am paraphrasing) but I really liked where she said to look after yourself and run the program you want. (maybe it was someone else?)

If you think it's too much hassle, don't do it. If you enjoy it, why not?

I don't have a kiddie pool, sprinkler or anything like that. I do have a water table and buckets, containers, bowls that get filled up regularly in the summertime. (our summer is very short here so I might feel differently if we had 4-5 months of warm weather) My group is btwn 1 and 5 year olds. We just wear our shorts and shirts and change when we come in. If someone needs to come in to use the potty, we come in, and yes it gets wet. I clean up when we are all finished outside. I feel like I should mention that I am not a neat freak so this does not bother me in the least. As long as I get it all cleaned up before my hubby gets home, it's all good

Comment

I'm expecting that other thread to be bumped soon.

Comment

No wading pool or sprinkler here. I have a water table (Step 2 I think) and a rain gutter that open on one end into it, with a water wheel at the top. I have lots of small scoops and measuring cups.

I get ONE bucket of water out each day, and fill the table. They sometimes take cups to the sandbox, they sometimes use the water wheel, they sometimes just wash babies (I put bubbles in about once a week).

I do not refill the table, so if they dump it, it's gone. I also don't change out of play clothes before hand, so if they get wet, they "run around and get dry".

If they are really wet, I strip them outside the door, and they get fresh clothes inside.

Mine are 12 months, 23 months, and 2 2 1/2 year olds.

I do want to add some more things to the "water wall" part of it, but we only moved here 2 months ago, and there's so much to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
                              I'm expecting that other thread to be bumped soon.
                              yep...almost always happens.

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post

One of my all time favorite forum quotes to date ::

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post

That's from hanging around kids for too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X