Sent Home For Crying. Was I Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AuntTami View Post
    He was. He was also put in our cry spot, but neither was working. He was just standing in the middle of the living room screaming his head off. I ignored as long as I could but he wasnt calming down at all
    I completely understand everyone's reasons. And if I had a different group I might have sent home but my current group are huge manipulators. Lol. Sneaky little boogers.

Comment

You did the right thing.

He probably still doesn't feel well. We had the stomach bug go through here recently. It was 3-4 days before the kids felt like themselves again.

Sure he didn't throw up or have diarrhea or fever yesterday, that doesn't mean he feels better

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyMom View Post
        You did the right thing.

He probably still doesn't feel well. We had the stomach bug go through here recently. It was 3-4 days before the kids felt like themselves again.

Sure he didn't throw up or have diarrhea or fever yesterday, that doesn't mean he feels better
        I agree. We just had the stomach bug go through here and the vomiting/diarhea lasted about two days, but they were not back to normal for a good 4-5 days. He may just not feel good yet and daycare may be too overwhelming for him right now. I am sure it is best for him to be at home until he is 100%.

Comment

More than just doing the right thing for yourself and your DC, you did the right thing for the kiddo. You can't argue with a sick baby (and he could have still been feeling cruddy) needing their mommy. It just happens.

Comment

I had to term an infant yesterday for the same problem, Poor little guy was only here 5-6 times but screamed and screamed the whole time he was here. Yesterday he wouldn't take a bottle at all,he's BF at home and the parents said he would take a bottle but they were lying. My other 4 kids were crying because their ears hurt,and when mom picked up she said that he did better when i had less kids???? NOT! ::

Comment

I've sent home an older child for this. Fit turned into screaming mad. Dcg just can't deal with punishments for bad behavior... anyways I felt bad at first but it's not fair to me or the kids. What else can you possibly do?? Nothing! The parents need to figure it out. I know how I would react if my kid got sent home for that!

Comment

considering that the child was just sick, I would have just said to the parents sorry it seems like dck still is not feeling well and needs to be able to participate as normal to be here.

You child can return after a full 24 hours of rest and recovery. we will see you on Wednesday.

Parents are sending their children back to care too soon after being sick and then we are left to deal the the aftermath as well as get exposed. Not only is it not safe for us, but the child too. Their immune system has not fully recoverd and so they are coming back with a weaken/ compromised immune system and possibly getting something else.

These parents are lucky this was not at my house, I would have not only sent home for that day, but the day after too....

Make them think twice about sending their still mildy ill child to care .

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                  considering that the child was just sick, I would have just said to the parents sorry it seems like dck still is not feeling well and needs to be able to participate as normal to be here.

You child can return after a full 24 hours of rest and recovery. we will see you on Wednesday.

Parents are sending their children back to care too soon after being sick and then we are left to deal the the aftermath as well as get exposed. Not only is it not safe for us, but the child too. Their immune system has not fully recoverd and so they are coming back with a weaken/ compromised immune system and possibly getting something else.

These parents are lucky this was not at my house, I would have not only sent home for that day, but the day after too....

Make them think twice about sending their still mildy ill child to care .
                  We had a some what better day but still not back to normal. He cried for the first hour or so he was here and has been randomly bursting into tears all day. But at least it isn't constant.

They took him to urgent care yesterday when they picked up and the dr said there wasn't anything wrong with him, so he came back today. I do wish I had told them 24 hours of rest, so he could have been home today too, but I think the longer he stays home, the worse it's going to be when he comes back because he'll get held constantly.

Comment

Working...
                  X