Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are You Giving Your DC Children This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSDC View Post
    [ATTACH]3138[/ATTACH]

I decorated little ceramic mugs this year. Planning on filling them with Hot Cocoa mix, Snowman shaped marshmallows, and a Candy Cane.
    Where did you get the ceramic pen? I assume a craft store, but what section of the craft store. What is it exactly called?

Comment

Gifts?

we always make a DVD of the daycare kids. I record things all year long and compile them into a long video of tidbit highlights set to great music. we have been told every year that parents love it because they can see things their kids do all day long. from craft time, napping, meals, playing with friends inside and outside, and much more. It is awesome to pull a video out from 5 years ago and seeing someone who was a baby then....they laugh. Parents say it is priceless. very time consuming but not expensive to make.

Comment

I always spend more on birthdays than Christmas, I give kids a coloring book and crayons every year and added an age appropriate puzzle for each kid this year. All my kids love to color and it's one of their favorite things to do every day.

Comment

I got a hard cover book and container of play dough for each child. Play dough is a huge favorite here but oddly none of my parents have any at home.

Comment

In each gift bag for my two-year-olds I'm giving a puppet, pack of stickers, and a book. The parents are getting a framed photo of the kids at play. The whole pack cost me $15 per family, nice frame included.

Comment

Originally posted by hope View Post
              Where did you get the ceramic pen? I assume a craft store, but what section of the craft store. What is it exactly called?
              I get mine through Amazon. They are easy to draw with, come in tons of colors, and you can fire them in your kitchen oven. Here is a link to the red marker:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
                I got a hard cover book and container of play dough for each child. Play dough is a huge favorite here but oddly none of my parents have any at home.
                Same here. The kids love play dough but none have it at home. 1- they don't have it at home because some parents don't want to deal with that mess, and 2 - not having at home is prob part of the reason they love it, nevermind the fact that it's fun to play with.
                lovethis daymommy to 7 kiddos - 5 girls and 2 boys

Comment

I usually do some type of Melissa and Doug type puzzle or toy. This year I got some vinyl labels with their names for $5 each (normally $20 each!) and found some cheaper wooden puzzles in Tuesday Morning for another $4 each so $9 per kid.

Comment

We used our scholastic points and got all of the children books and then we gave them candy and some other goodies to go into their stockings that they made themselves. They loved it!!

Comment

No gifts for children. It is parent's responsibility. Last Friday my day care was open till 9p.m. and parents had extra time for whatever they need and children with siblings had pizza, free play and TV show. All were happy.

Comment

Books, stickers, and a candy filled candy cane.

Comment

Nothing for the kids, but I'm going to write a card for one family I have. I am pregnant and they have been so understanding and accommodating about my appointments (I have extra due to preterm labor risk). They are just all around great and I want them to know it. We are also doing finger print necklaces for the mommies.

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                            No gifts for children. It is parent's responsibility. Last Friday my day care was open till 9p.m. and parents had extra time for whatever they need and children with siblings had pizza, free play and TV show. All were happy.
                            That is an awesome idea for a PARENT GIFT!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas!
                              A lot of my families are traveling for the holidays so I made up busy bags for their journeys with small coloring books, sketch pads and puzzles.
                              I think I'll do scholastic book points next year

Comment

I always buy different gifts for each of my children. I love picking out something that fits their age, interests, and personality. But that's just me - no judgements if that's not your thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X