Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are You Giving Your DC Children This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Giving Your DC Children This Year?

I'm really stuck for inspiration this year and a wander around target proved fruitless. So, I'm looking for inspiration for small gift ideas for my little ones. I have 10 kids, mostly aged 2-3 years, plus a baby and a one year old.

I'm going small this year
    Bought felt totes with snowman 'appliques' at Target $1 each
    Bought snowman beanie baby type toys, safe for all ages Dollar Tree $1 each
    Clementines $4 total
    Small candy cane, rice krispy snowflakes, chocolate gelt $5 total
    Dover winter/holiday activity book at doverpublications.com $1-1.50 each
    Gingerbread cookie decorated to look like them :: ?$5? total

I painted their names on the side of the totes, along with a few snowflakes.
    Done

Comment

Originally posted by SignMeUp View Post
      I'm going small this year
      Bought felt totes with snowman 'appliques' at Target $1 each
      Bought snowman beanie baby type toys, safe for all ages Dollar Tree $1 each
      Clementines $4 total
      Small candy cane, rice krispy snowflakes, chocolate gelt $5 total
      Dover winter/holiday activity book at doverpublications.com $1-1.50 each
      Gingerbread cookie decorated to look like them :: ?$5? total

I painted their names on the side of the totes, along with a few snowflakes.
      Done
      Everyone is getting a 100ct mega blocks set that I found at Walmart for $5 each . Girls get pink boys get blue

Comment

I don't get them a gift. They get a book at our book exchange event (provided by parent).

Comment

I bought a book for each at Toys R Us on Black Friday(actually Thanksgiving day...3pm, geez). $5.99 for a big hardback Disney book with dozens of stories. I also set up a Secret Santa for each of them to give a friend a gift.

Comment

I'm doing books, found some on super clearance at Barnes and Noble. I've also gotten book sets at Costco and split them up amongst the kids in the past.

Comment

I'm doing Night Before Christmas boxes. Cute gift boxes from Dollar General, a pair of jammies, a book, a Christmas movie, a bag of microwave popcorn and hot chocolate packets. They're supposed to open them on Christmas eve. Got it all for 6 kids for under $120 on cyber Monday.

Comment

I love your idea Wednesday. Wish I could afford it this year? I am giving them each a highlights calendar I scored for free. Maybe next year I will do a $5 gift. Mine all had birthdays recently so I am sort of presented out

Comment

The same as every year, a couple of books (free using my scholastic points), a pair of pajamas each ($3 on Black Friday), hot cocoa packets and some homemade goodies. I think I'm also going to make some peppermint and gingerbread play-doh if I have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by nanglgrl View Post
                    The same as every year, a couple of books (free using my scholastic points), a pair of pajamas each ($3 on Black Friday), hot cocoa packets and some homemade goodies. I think I'm also going to make some peppermint and gingerbread play-doh if I have the time.

I know it's to late for this year but how do scholastic points work?

Comment

Originally posted by Stepping View Post
                      I know it's to late for this year but how do scholastic points work?
                      Each time you or your daycare families buy books through the Scholastic book clubs, you earn points. The more you spend, the more you earn.

They also have "2x and 3x the point" specials and bonus points ALOT!

You can use your points to buy books instead of pay money for them and classroom materials, equipment and teacher items.
                      I got a nice wood puzzle rack last year for a pretty small amount of points.

The more your parents order, the more you earn so....

Here is the Scholastic Book Club link:
                      Your book order earns FREE Books for your class. Plus you pick a FREE Book with a $25 order!

Here is the page that explains how points work:

Comment

Each child gets a pair of Carter's footie pajamas ($7.99) and a Melissa & Doug puzzle ($4.99).

I usually spend about $20 on each child, but decided not to this year.

Comment

A crochet hat tailored to their interests, a small playdoh set, a book and a paint set!

Comment

A Duplo garden set for the girls and a Duplo race car set for the boys. They were about $20. I have 9 kids so I spent $180.

Comment

I spent about $25 each child. I have 19 kids but I'll write it all off so I'm ok with it Santa comes and gives gifts.

Comment

Working...
                              X